Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

vidor wrote: »
    Tried using Plex through the browser but just freezes on the loading screen when I go to play anything.

It does take a few seconds to load initially but if it still doesn't work, it may be that your router isn't good enough.

Mine is crap too but I have mine wired between the PS4 and PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Downloaded Octodad last night, very fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

How come we seem to have terrible flash sales in comparison to the US?

Would love if we had very similar sales so then I could keep my games tied to my Irish account for the future

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    How come we seem to have terrible flash sales in comparison to the US?

Would love if we had very similar sales so then I could keep my games tied to my Irish account for the future

Tax reasons I believe is the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Sony have f*cked up massively with the digital release of MLB The Show. I tried to start the download when I got up at 7am, but it was not available for download despite it saying it would be available from 12:01am EST (5am my time). It's now 08:45am EST and apparently it still isn't available!

• Advertisement

Oat23 wrote: »
    Sony have f*cked up massively with the digital release of MLB The Show. I tried to start the download when I got up at 7am, but it was not available for download despite it saying it would be available from 12:01am EST (5am my time). It's now 08:45am EST and apparently it still isn't available!

I assume you are talking about the NA release as it isn't out over here until tomorrow apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Didnt think there would be any market for that game over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I kinda want watchdogs... but not for €70. To amazon!

Watched a gameplay video of the PS4 version last night. It was something like 16 minutes long...

...I lasted 3. It looked like the most boring, soul-crushing, life-sapping experience I could imagine. So yeah, a pretty accurate representation of baseball then.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Otacon wrote: »
    Watched a gameplay video of the PS4 version last night. It was something like 16 minutes long...

...I lasted 3. It looked like the most boring, soul-crushing, life-sapping experience I could imagine. So yeah, a pretty accurate representation of baseball then.

Wrong. The most soul-crushing, life-sapping experience is being a Cubs fan in particular. Not baseball as a whole.

2015 is our year though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I plan on picking it up, it is a fun game if you understand the rules and the stats, plus Sony have a great track record with the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Otacon wrote: »
    It does take a few seconds to load initially but if it still doesn't work, it may be that your router isn't good enough.

Mine is crap too but I have mine wired between the PS4 and PC.

In no mood to fork out money for a new router! Might be what's causing it but it looks like it happens to quite a few people out there. And I generally don't have any issues with online play. Be nice if there was a dedicated app. I guess the other alternative is to pick up something like Chromecast as a stop-gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

cloud493 wrote: »
    I kinda want watchdogs... but not for €70. To amazon!

VGP is a better option if u can wait for it about 45euro shipped rather then over 55 on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

sugarman wrote: »
    it'll probably have gone platinum tho by the time it arrives

Yeah all in the space of 1 week. Assuming the game doesn't bomb.

it'll probably have gone platinum tho by the time it arrives

10 - 14 days is not much of a wait :)

This months famitsu has revealed valkyria chronicles will be re-released on the PS4, 1 as its standalone game, 2+3 as a collection. Doubt it'll make it over here though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Transistor is out in 2 weeks

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/05/06/you-can-pre-order-transistor-and-its-soundtrack-right-now.aspx

I checked the store but its not up for pre order yet,probably only the american store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Brian017

Can you not play games on your Irish PSN account that you purchased through your US PSN account like you could on the PS3. I get a message saying something like this application is only available to users who have a license for it; when I try to play a game I purchased on the US store

• Registered Users Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Make the PS4 the primary console of the US account, and then the content will be available to all users.

They've seem to gotten much better, last time I used them a few months ago it took well over a month for it to arrive!

You must of been unlucky with the order, in over two years and 30 plus games from them only over Christmas did it take a few days longer than usual.

• Advertisement

Make the PS4 the primary console of the US account, and then the content will be available to all users.

That worked. Thanks :D

MLB has been delayed :mad:

MLB has been delayed :mad:

If you're really desperate to play it. Set up an US store account and buy it on there for $60. Works out at around €45. I'm playing it right now!

Brian017 wrote: »
    If you're really desperate to play it. Set up an US store account and buy it on there for $60. Works out at around €45. I'm playing it right now!

How is it, will not have mine till next week.

Xenji wrote: »
    How is it, will not have mine till next week.

Graphically, it's a improvement most noticeably the crowd looks a lot more realistic. The new Quick Count feature is neat, it speeds up the gameplay if you like playing the full 9 innings. However, the online modes seem to be a complete mess to me. So if you're getting it for that you may be disappointed but if not and you're a fan of the series or baseball it's quite a good game to play offline

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

This months famitsu has revealed valkyria chronicles will be re-released on the PS4, 1 as its standalone game, 2+3 as a collection. Doubt it'll make it over here though.

I'd love this to be released over here :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

About to start my new consloe for the first time. Any advise, do's and don't's about the set up process?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

About to start my new consloe for the first time. Any advise, do's and don't's about the set up process?

Don't place it upside down! You don't want to have to ring up customer assistance because you think your PS4 is broken.

Not that anyone would do that...

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Never unplug the console when in stand by or powered on, always power off completely first. And keep your reciept!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

If you plan on buying games from PSN and upgrading your HDD at some stage, now would be a good time to do it.

Don't wait until you have 120 GB of downloaded games only to discover that you can't back them up like on the PS3.
    Which means you will have to download them all again :o

Oh, and welcome :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement