Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Rumours regarding Sony's E3 Press Conference
    Uncharted PS4 3 Minute Trailer showcasing ”In-engine” footage interspersed with gameplay segments. Visuals are supposedly unprecedented and set a benchmark for console graphics. Summer 2015 release date. It looks absolutely stellar. Features tropical setting and differing time periods with Nate/Francis.

Media Molecule’s new title will be a landmark title for Morpheus. 3D world building, beautiful, quirky visuals.Extremely creative and fun. Possibly related to the ”Entwined” trademark filed last week by SCE (not sure). Late 2015.

Gran Turismo 6 is coming to PS4 as 1080p 60FPS repackaged title in the vein of Gran Turismo 7: Prologue. Stunning visuals, extra features (social connectivity, new tracks, dlc etc). Coming mid-late 2015.

God of War 4 teaser will be present – will be CG with snippets of in-engine footage. A little early for reveal, but is designed to offset negativity surrounding canceled new IP and generate excitement – also to partially offset CG announce of Gears of War at Microsoft presser. Late 2015. Date wont be announced.

Kill Strain trademark is related to Syphon Filter reboot for PS4. Sony Bend working on revamping the franchise. Stealth, beautiful visuals and a possible Winter 2014 title. Bend finally getting to join the big boys.

Wipeout is also making the transition to PS4. Source is unsure of who is developing it, but hints that it could be Sony London, Evolution, or Firesprite.

Quantic Dream has a trailer prepared – unsure whether it is penciled in for Gamescom or E3. Sony will be watching Microsoft’s presser earlier in the day to gauge whether additional titles will need to be slotted in to dampen hype. Expect Dark Sorcerer- like visuals in real time. Off-topic, but still relevant – they are close to deal to become a Worldwide Studios developer, along with Ready At Dawn.

Speaking of Ready At Dawn, The Order:1886 will get a stage demo. Big title for Fall 2014. Sony is expecting great things from said title – franchise hopes rest on its performance.

Ninja Theory working on a PS4 exclusive – possible Heavenly Sword sequel which was shelved a number of years ago. Quite far into development.

Sony London will be at E3. First AAA title in many years. 3rd person title. Gorgeous. They’re back with a bang,

Guerrilla Games bringing their RPG to E3. Provocative setting – very interesting. Insane visuals as usual. A good reaction to the title is expected. Will please the hardcore.

Sucker Punch busy at work on an inFAMOUS: Second Son DLC. Really cool. New powers. Possible new setting. E3 debut.

Sony Japan Studios debuting two, maybe even three titles. Project Beast – spiritual successor to Demon Souls. The other is The Last Guardian. Retooled for PS4, possible Winter 2014 title. The Other title is shrouded in secrecy.

Evolution will give Driveclub some time in the limelight. It’s shaping up to be incredible with jaw-dropping visuals. Demo release will be timed with the press conference.
    The source also mentioned that the following publishers will be on stage: Rockstar (with Grand Theft Auto), Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, Konami, Capcom, Warner Bros, Activision, Square Enix, Take Two.

(Update: our source followed up saying that he’s actually not 100% sure if Rockstar will actually be on stage or Sony will just announce the next generation Grand Theft Auto V on their behalf)

There will also big titles announced for the Instant Game Collection, a segment on Project Morpheus, one on the Sony Entertainment Network and a re-introduction of PlayStation Now. Price drops will also be unveiled for the PS3 and PS Vita.

We’ll also see several smaller-scale, downloadable titles. PS Vita will get some attention, but not much – as it’ll be a PS4 show. PS3 will get a montage and a few new titles. Finally, the show will close with a teaser of a sequel of The Last of Us.

Again, everything mentioned above should be taken with the skepticism usually reserved to rumors, but much of it is so specific that it’s hard to completely disbelieve it. Unfortunately we’ll have to wait for June to see if everything will check out, but one thing is for sure: Personally I really hope it will, because if this is really what Sony’s presser will look like, we’re in for a real treat.

To be honest, I am only feeling skeptical of this as it just seems too good to be true. Not overly trusting of the source either. But if true, that would be one of the best E3 pressers in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

There is just absolutely no way a lot of that is true.

Wipeout, The Last guardian, Syphon Filter reboot, TLOU 2 announcement along with a Vita price cut (which only had one 9 months ago or so).

The rest wouldn't surprise me but out of the above I mentioned The Last Guardian is the most likely which says a lot about the rest of them :P

Would genuinely love for all of them to be true (Maybe not TLOU2 actually as that just seems way too soon even for a teaser).

In particular Syphon Filter, I don't care if the games are **** now, I loved them when I was younger.

Driveclub PS Plus edition
    Just quoting the important bit from the blog
    If you’re an active PlayStation Plus subscriber and have been playing the PlayStation Plus Edition, but decide you want the full DRIVECLUB experience, you can purchase a one-time upgrade for €49.99/$49.99/£42.99. This will give you access to all five locations, 55 tracks, 50 cars and all 50 tour events, as long as your PlayStation Plus subscription remains active.

It'll be interesting to see how sales do for Driveclub. As I said before it's definitely a small experiment on Sony's part offering it free on plus and having it slightly discounted. Wonder how much it'll be in retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Otacon wrote: »
    Rumours regarding Sony's E3 Press Conference

To be honest, I am only feeling skeptical of this as it just seems too good to be true. Not overly trusting of the source either. But if true, that would be one of the best E3 pressers in years!

Take my money already!

I didn't realise they were doing a TLOU 2? I thought they ruled that out?

When is E3 again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

.ak wrote: »
    Take my money already!

When is E3 again?

All you need to know is at https://www.e3expo.com/

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »
    Take my money already!

When is E3 again?

That post is only rumours so honestly do not get your hopes up.

There has been no confirmation on TLOU 2 however I'd be shocked if there was any truth behind it right now.

They are working on Uncharted 4 and TLOU PS4 version right now so there is no chance they've had enough time to get a story in place and do much development on a sequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

tok9 wrote: »
    That post is only rumours so honestly do not get your hopes up.

There has been no confirmation on TLOU 2 however I'd be shocked if there was any truth behind it right now.

They are working on Uncharted 4 and TLOU PS4 version right now so there is no chance they've had enough time to get a story in place and do much development on a sequel.

There's two teams, one for uncharted and the other for TLOU. IIRC, TLOU team working on the remake is a very small one, because a port wouldn't take that many resources anyway.

There probably is one in the works right now, wether it gets revelled at e3 or not.

Surely that is still the team that had to work on the 3 DLC packs for TLOU (last one only releasing yesterday).

Uncharted 3 was released at the end of 2011 and since then we've only seen a teaser with absolutely no gameplay for Uncharted 4 and we don't expect to get it until late 2015.

I would say there is zero chance of TLOU 2 being announced at this E3, in fact I'd be surprised to see it announced at the next E3 too, possibly at the end of 2015 at the VGAs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Surely that is still the team that had to work on the 3 DLC packs for TLOU (last one only releasing yesterday).

Uncharted 3 was released at the end of 2011 and since then we've only seen a teaser with absolutely no gameplay for Uncharted 4 and we don't expect to get it until late 2015.

I would say there is zero chance of TLOU 2 being announced at this E3, in fact I'd be surprised to see it announced at the next E3 too, possibly at the end of 2015 at the VGAs.

I still think Sony know that to keep the ps4 hype train going they will need to make announcements that these games are in development. These games are what they need to convince xbox owners that have been sitting on the fence that the ps4 is were its at!

There may be big announcements but id expect long waits and delays until these games hit retail.

I just think that's a bad idea. Announcing a game so early is pointless.

From the list Otacon posted there are plenty other games to show instead of jumping the gun with TLOU2.

As it is they announced Uncharted 4 too early and now it's really biting them with the departures from Naughty Dog being highlighted so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

As it is they announced Uncharted 4 too early and now it's really biting them with the departures from Naughty Dog being highlighted so much.

I don't see how it is biting them to be honest. People read far too much into these things. It's not uncommon to see people leave soon after the release of a game, happens all the time, especially if the next game they are going to be working on is just a sequel to the one they spent 3-5 years on. Should only be concerned about these things if it's an Infinity Ward like exodus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Wolfenstein looks quality, some good games coming out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It looks like TSO: Online has been delayed and will now have a Christmas release on the PS4.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/05/08/the-elder-scrolls-online-ps4-and-xbox-one-reportedly-delayed

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Xenji wrote: »
    It looks like TSO: Online has been delayed and will now have a Christmas release on the PS4.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/05/08/the-elder-scrolls-online-ps4-and-xbox-one-reportedly-delayed

God bless. Even Console gamers do not deserve that tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

God bless. Even Console gamers do not deserve that tripe.

Will be sticking with Guild Wars 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

About to start my new consloe for the first time. Any advise, do's and don't's about the set up process?

games from the usa store cost alot less than the irish store. get a usa accont and buy psn cards from amazon if you ever plan on buying something from the store.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was playing child of light on ps4 and I had ff xiv in the cd drive and the disc just randomly comes out, tried put it back in but it keeps coming back out, anyone experience this before? broken cd drive I'm guessing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Was playing child of light on ps4 and I had ff xiv in the cd drive and the disc just randomly comes out, tried put it back in but it keeps coming back out, anyone experience this before? broken cd drive I'm guessing :(

It happened to me before. I had to essentially factory reset it and download all the updates again. It works fine now but make sure all your saves and stuff are saved to the cloud or they'll be deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deano7788 wrote: »
    It happened to me before. I had to essentially factory reset it and download all the updates again. It works fine now but make sure all your saves and stuff are saved to the cloud or they'll be deleted.

Has it happened since? was talking to amazon and there out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Has it happened since? was talking to amazon and there out of stock.

Nope hasn't happened since. This was back in January.

• Advertisement

The more I hear/see of Driveclub the more I like it. Although I thought he same of GT6 and then didn't bother getting it.

Me and racing games just don't go well usually.. except old Burnout.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

To me Driveclub looks to be a mix of PGR and Forza, my two favourite racing franchises so I have high hopes for this seeing as there will never be another PGR game. Went off the GT series after GT4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Drive club is too arcadey to me and looks to be all about ghost racing with leaderboards and friends.

I will wait for Project Cars instead because it's a simulator and better looking!

Not to mention having various racing modes and official cars.

Sony's E3 conference will on live June 9th at 12:00 or 13:00 GMT. It will be different this year with no Jack Tretton. Got to like him over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

BnPDBBwCcAAE59u.png:small

2am Tuesday morning our time.

I will have to book that day off.

Got my time zones way off there alright. Is it a bit sad that I actually booked a few days off to watch all the conferences live and soak up all the E3 news as it happens? Other years I didn't have to with the way the times worked out but took the days off anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I find watching video game conferences an actively painful experience, like getting direct marketed at by a bunch of awkward, zero charisma individuals for a good two hours straight. Actually no, that's exactly what it is.

Better just to catch up with the highlight videos and news which will be posted online within minutes if not seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I watch them FOR the awkward moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

What? I absolutely love watching E3 at 4am :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They used to be on between. 4-7pm our time, before, right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement