Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I find watching video game conferences an actively painful experience, like getting direct marketed at by a bunch of awkward, zero charisma individuals for a good two hours straight. Actually no, that's exactly what it is.

Better just to catch up with the highlight videos and news which will be posted online within minutes if not seconds.

You often wonder why these companies don't just hire some smooth talking pr guys. But then again, I reckon rolling out the nerds is a pr stunt in itself. [sarcasm]Oh look, they're a small outfit with a bunch of nerds working for them. They're just like me! I have no problem donating all my cash to these guys. I certainly won't be buying their game second hand anyway.[/sarcasm]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'll watch E3 but like last year there is no way I'm staying up just to watch Sony.. I'll get all the disappointment the next day as they are fighting a losing battle with that leak setting the bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Grayditch wrote: »
    They used to be on between. 4-7pm our time, before, right?

Yeah, they moved back to the old venue with the west coast time zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Any date on when last of us is out on ps4? Only discovered this game this morning, must be living under a rock or something! Anyway looks great and this will probably swing me from 360 to ps4!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

Any date on when last of us is out on ps4? Only discovered this game this morning, must be living under a rock or something! Anyway looks great and this will probably swing me from 360 to ps4!

A few retailers had the 20th of June initially then had to change it. I've it paid for already, I'm that excited :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

iHVi7VGKShW0g.gif

AGoodison wrote: »
    A few retailers had the 20th of June initially then had to change it. I've it paid for already, I'm that excited :)

So its gonna be later than june 20th? Damn haha if i had a ps3 id get it now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

i played the last of us on ps3, after buying ps4,

can say it is one, if not the best game i have ever played. i was gripped from the off,
    like playing a movie. it is epic and has had a lasting impression on me, as in what to expect from developers. it looks beautiful , and that was on the ps3!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

I love video game conferences (well E3 and Gamescom because we actually get new announcements). I find it really fun to engage with other people like who had the best show between the Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo and Ubisoft/Activision/EA, the fails of course and I can't wait to find the new exclusives but probably I'm most hyped about Star Wars: Battlefront and Far Cry 4.

I'd like to see a bit more about the VR headset they are working on. They are after coming out and saying the reason the light bar is on the DS4 all the time and cannot be turned off is for future VR support being on as default for game developers.

Imagines Mirror's Edge 2 with VR.:pac:

• Advertisement

phobia2011 wrote: »
    i played the last of us on ps3, after buying ps4,

can say it is one, if not the best game i have ever played. i was gripped from the off,
    like playing a movie. it is epic and has had a lasting impression on me, as in what to expect from developers. it looks beautiful , and that was on the ps3!!!!

Definitely going the ps4 route then, time to abandon xbox! I was sitting on the fence unsure but this game has swung me, are ps4's widely available yet or is it still a game of argos stock roulette?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Definitely going the ps4 route then, time to abandon xbox! I was sitting on the fence unsure but this game has swung me, are ps4's widely available yet or is it still a game of argos stock roulette?

I think it's ok now.

I already have it on PS3 but am getting it on the PS4 again, it's that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Picked one up last week after just walking into gamestop. Looks like stock is pretty solid now

Thanks guys, i will pick one up and hopefully not a long wait until the game!

There will be a Watchdogs console pack released when the game is released too so there should be enough PS4s about.

Thanks guys, i will pick one up and hopefully not a long wait until the game!

I'm confident the game will be out the middle of June- the end of June. Not too much longer to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    I'm confident the game will be out the middle of June- the end of June. Not too much longer to wait

Heard its been pushed back til late August....

Its N4G though, smattering of salt required...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

This may not be the right thread but has anyone or is anyone using a projector to play their ps4. I was thinking of investing in one as a general media player for movies and tv but was hoping to play some ps4 through it too. Would the refreah rate and pixel count be up to standard to or would it always be sub tv quality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Going to buy watch dogs online, want it release day. Where do you buy your release day games (online)?

I got few games on release day from Amazon, but it didn't matter than, now I have day off work on 27th May so I want to be sure I get it . Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, about second son. If I skip for now on 2 games before it, will it **** up for myself?

I started playing first one and I am 1/3 in. I really really like it, but I don't have easy access to my ps3 right now ( misses and Netflix...). So I though I will dig in to second son first then come back for the other two? Or bad idea?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    This may not be the right thread but has anyone or is anyone using a projector to play their ps4. I was thinking of investing in one as a general media player for movies and tv but was hoping to play some ps4 through it too. Would the refreah rate and pixel count be up to standard to or would it always be sub tv quality?

Yep, using an Epson hd one. Can't remember the model number off hand, but it's savage. Gives a nice advantage when sniping on BF4! ;-)

Epson EMP-TW680 is the model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

hallo dare wrote: »
    Yep, using an Epson hd one. Can't remember the model number off hand, but it's savage. Gives a nice advantage when sniping on BF4! ;-)

Any chance you could post the make here when you get a chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Any chance you could post the make here when you get a chance

Edited above mate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Guys, about second son. If I skip for now on 2 games before it, will it **** up for myself?

I started playing first one and I am 1/3 in. I really really like it, but I don't have easy access to my ps3 right now ( misses and Netflix...). So I though I will dig in to second son first then come back for the other two? Or bad idea?

Nope, it won't really affect it. The story is set a few years after it and while there's a few references to the previous games there's nothing major. The characters and everything are different.

The 1st one might suffer a bit in that the mechanics are a bit less refined but that be it.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Nope, it won't really affect it. The story is set a few years after it and while there's a few references to the previous games there's nothing major. The characters and everything are different.

The 1st one might suffer a bit in that the mechanics are a bit less refined but that be it.

Awesome, I'll take wrapper off it tomorrow night. Cheers m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

You'll be fine. The story in second son is terrible and is very much it's own story anyway. Probably the biggest negative in comparison to Infamous 1 & 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

HD131XE, I was looking at this model for the PS4, ended up going with a TV, great value and price is coming down every week.

I may pick it up for World Cup...

Can anyone recommend any good headsets, preferably without anything going into once of the USB ports, because it would piss my OCD off far too much :p

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend any good headsets, preferably without anything going into once of the USB ports, because it would piss my OCD off far too much :p

Well, I still think that new Sony Play headset is magical value for money deal and I am will be getting it at some stage.

Right now I use Fatality headset with a spliter that turns ping and green connector in to one 3.5mm jack. They are originally PC headset, but I use it for both. Fantastic headset for the so little money.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Fatal1ty-Detachable-Cancelling-Microphone/dp/B00FNK8MK2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399981013&sr=8-2&keywords=fatality

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Startech-com-3-5mm-Headset-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B004SP0WAQ/ref=pd_sim_computers_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=11G4G8FRQP4CB5TRZDD3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭naughto

any good bundles for watchdogs ps4 going around?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement