Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

anyone else unable to log on? getting error code ce-33992-6

not to worry, working now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Picked up AC4 there just now using the PS3 special offer and upgrade.

I'll let ya'll know what I think once it finishes downloading sometime in 2015 :pac:
    Didn't take me too long at all. Downloaded 4.5GB and then I was able to play from then on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Didn't take me too long at all. Downloaded 4.5GB and then I was able to play from then on

Did you get your console sorted out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

King Krib wrote: »
    Did you get your console sorted out?

Ah yeah, pressed down on the power button until it made a second beep. Grand then after, quieter too, strangely :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Netflix was fine the last few days but froze again tonight, played a few online games of FIFA with no bother. Hope netflix gets sorted soon!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Ah yeah, pressed down on the power button until it made a second beep. Grand then after, quieter too, strangely :confused:

I hate to hear of anybody having trouble with their new console, glad you got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

set up my PS4 wifi yesterday and it's downloading faster than wired
    Oh you PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭imonboard

Couple of quick questions. I havent played since playstation 2 so abit behind, anyway.

Is there a way to save your disk to the harddrive so the game isnt gone when the disk is scratched or if you have it purchased as a disk can you then download it to your harddrive free at a later date?

When will i be able to use the system as a media player to play avi?

Thanks

gimli2112 wrote: »
    set up my PS4 wifi yesterday and it's downloading faster than wired
    Oh you PS4

same as that, doesn't make much sense, but it works!

Killzone free for 4 days from Dec 28th on the store!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

hallo dare wrote: »
    Killzone free for 4 days from Dec 28th on the store!

Surely only the multiplayer will be free rather than the whole game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It is just a trial of the multiplayer, was announced a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Jesus... Killzone is 38GB :eek:

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Jesus... Killzone is 38GB :eek:

Sure Uncharted 3 was over 45 gigs :P

lertsnim wrote: »
    Surely only the multiplayer will be free rather than the whole game.

single and multiplayer are free for 4 days, when you go to download it asks you what you want downloaded first, singleplayer or multiplayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

How does that work? singleplayer trial?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Oh...

I thought we could keep the game :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

Guys , can't see an answer to this in threads.
    What's the story about purchasing PS4 in USA ref 240v, region locked etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Oh...

I thought we could keep the game :o

If that was the case those of us that got it in the bundle should get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Guys , can't see an answer to this in threads.
    What's the story about purchasing PS4 in USA ref 240v, region locked etc?

Its 110-240v so will work fine here u will need your own supply cable as a 2 pin will come with it but thats no big deal standard enough radio/laptop charger cable will work fine
    Region free AFAIK aswell
    Your warranty will be the biggest problem(I wouldnt buy anywhere but here so i have my warranty incase it goes belly up)

• Advertisement

single and multiplayer are free for 4 days, when you go to download it asks you what you want downloaded first, singleplayer or multiplayer.

Are you sure about single player being free? Can see nothing online about single player, only multiplayer

It is just multiplayer, like I said it was announced weeks ago and posted it here as well when it was announced.....
    As hinted back in August by Shuhei Yoshida, President of Worldwide Studios, we’re excited to announce that starting today, PS Plus members can begin pre-loading Killzone Shadow Fall now for a special FREE multiplayer extended open weekend from 12/28 through 12/31.
    Through this promotion, the PS4 owners who don’t yet own Shadow Fall can easily try the game’s acclaimed multiplayer mode, and experience first-hand the excitement that thousands of videos and livestreams have already spread via the PS4′s powerful share functionality. Check here for current competitions and tournaments you can watch and/or participate in during the open weekend.
    It’s also important for us to reiterate that the Shadow Fall multiplayer experience will continue to evolve and expand with new content and additional features. In fact, a new update will soon go live that addresses many oft-requested features, including the addition of voice chat. Moreover, all additional maps will be made available for free to ensure that the community grows without fragmenting. We’re committed to supporting Shadow Fall, and we’re excited to share more about that vision early in the new year.
    Don’t forget to start pre-loading today to make sure you’re on as early as possible on December 28th.
    See you all online!

NOTE: Plus members who don’t own Shadow Fall but opt to pre-load and participate in the MP open weekend will also be downloading single-player content (although MP can be prioritized to complete first). Please be aware that while this single-player content will be automatically downloaded, it will NOT be unlocked during this trial weekend.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/12/19/ps-plus-members-try-killzone-shadow-fall-multiplayer-for-free-28th-31st-december/

Guys, just go to the store and download, i don't care what anyone says about it's not available, im telling you that if you are a ps plus member, you get singleplayer and multiplayer free to play for 4 days starting on December 28th, you have the choice of downloading either first so you can play that while the other downloads. im only saying what i saw when i clicked on it. but im not wasting almost 40GB data for the sake of 4 days. anyone that disputes this go to the store before commenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Guys, just go to the store and download, i don't care what anyone says about it's not available, im telling you that if you are a ps plus member, you get singleplayer and multiplayer free to play for 4 days starting on December 28th, you have the choice of downloading either first so you can play that while the other downloads. im only saying what i saw when i clicked on it. but im not wasting almost 40GB data for the sake of 4 days. anyone that disputes this go to the store before commenting.

It give the option of which to download normally for Killzone, but it just won't work in the end as you don't have the full licence.

Varik wrote: »
    It give the option of which to download normally for Killzone, but it just won't work in the end as you don't have the full licence.

Then why even offer it?

It is highlighted in bold at the bottom of this post

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rilgar

Guys does any one know where's the cheapest place to buy a new Dualshock 4 controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Rilgar wrote: »
    Guys does any one know where's the cheapest place to buy a new Dualshock 4 controller?

videogamesplus.ca they are only €46.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Got this from Amazon and are great! I had noticed the grip on my DS4 thumbsticks was beginning to bald so I decided to preempt any more by using these!

k74t.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭LauraW7746

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Got this from Amazon and are great! I had noticed the grip on my DS4 thumbsticks was beginning to bald so I decided to preempt any more by using these!

Must order these for mine so!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement