Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

flynner13 wrote: »
    HD131XE, I was looking at this model for the PS4, ended up going with a TV, great value and price is coming down every week.

I may pick it up for World Cup...

Would you have to wear 3D glasses with that model all the time or can the 3D be switched off? My ancient projector packed it in and I'm looking to get a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Anyone pick up Child of Light?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

jenno86 wrote: »
    Anyone pick up Child of Light?

Ya,its a good game,on chapter 10 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Was at a friends house last night watching him play Bound By Flame, it is a fun little game but not without quite a few faults such as poor AI, combat and a paperthin story, reminds me of the Summoner when it came out on the PS2 ( although I loved that game flaws aside ) Would be a decent game for people who played Kingdoms of Amalur, but nobody should be running out to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Picked up a boxed copy of child of light :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

cloud493 wrote: »
    Picked up a boxed copy of child of light :D

Where did you get it and how much?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

jenno86 wrote: »
    Where did you get it and how much?!

My missus got it....

Looks fantastic, but the whole turn based fighting made me think it was 1996 or something, haven't had a go myself but it looks good....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

lads any reasons for against getting ps4?

I have a mate working in a shop who can get me the bare console package for €360, I already have fifa and cod for ps3.

I know there isn't many games out for it yet, and I was annoyed that you can't play media from usb.

If I got it i'd probably just pick up killzone second hand and buy ufc ea when it comes out next month and maybe last of us remastered edition as I've never played the original.

Any advice?
    do most of you find you get your value out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Hey guys quick question. My Netflix has stopped working on my PS4. for some reason programs are not streaming, I get a message detailing that "this program is not available at the moment", but the same show works fine on other netflix apps. Has anyone else had this issue with the PS4 netflix app?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

lads any reasons for against getting ps4?

I have a mate working in a shop who can get me the bare console package for €360, I already have fifa and cod for ps3.

I know there isn't many games out for it yet, and I was annoyed that you can't play media from usb.

If I got it i'd probably just pick up killzone second hand and buy ufc ea when it comes out next month and maybe last of us remastered edition as I've never played the original.

Any advice?
    do most of you find you get your value out of it?
    I say if you're getting it for that price, go for it.

Get infamous, TLOU and assassins creed 4 for starters as they're great games.

Try and see if he can work in a bundled game for €400 or under. Retailers have mountains of killzone left, so I say chance your arm with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Hmm, Tasty Far Cry 4 on PS4. Can't wait for E3!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone getting transistor next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone getting transistor next week?

I will be picking it up, I loved Bastion and if Transistor is even half as good as it and it looks pretty damn good I will be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Just joined you all in the PS4 family! Picked it uo tonight, setting it up now, have been xbox for past three years so looking forward to something new! So far just looking through the menues etc it looks great!

Cannot wait for the last of us now!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭jvrk

Would you have to wear 3D glasses with that model all the time or can the 3D be switched off? My ancient projector packed it in and I'm looking to get a new one.
    I'm using the hd131x you only use 3d glasses when viewing in 3d. Only way to play games is on a 120" screen in full hd and surround sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

jvrk wrote: »
    I'm using the hd131x you only use 3d glasses when viewing in 3d. Only way to play games is on a 120" screen in full hd and surround sound.

Would it be possible to get a look at your setup. Interested to see how big it is ;) and see how much head space it takes up.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

jvrk wrote: »

At that size, "full hd" isn't quite "full hd", but it's still a pretty damn awesome setup I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Are they doing maintenance on Saturday evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

PSN is down for me anyway. Ridiculous time to do maintenance.

• Advertisement

Okay, it's still under maintaice. The hell happening? Why on earth they doing it on Saturday night?
    Ah well, at least I had a chance to play a bit more of second son today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I was just playing TLOU there. Still up for me on PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Okay, it's still under maintaice. The hell happening? Why on earth they doing it on Saturday night?
    Ah well, at least I had a chance to play a bit more of second son today.

Doubt it was planned, seems to be affecting us and Europe so pretty widespread.

*working for me now

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Back working now.

Back up, but I have to go off.

I noticed that my connection to ps4 via wireless is ass. 5-6mbit when testing out of 40mbit. I would not expect seeing 40, but 20? 15? Router is on same floor in next room.

Might be router it self being ass...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I just seen you can now stream your ps4 to a vita tv like you can to the vita which means you can set one of these up in your bedroom or whatever and play your ps4 remotely on a remote tv...nice!

I wonder do they have any intention on releasing it in the west?

Back up, but I have to go off.

I noticed that my connection to ps4 via wireless is ass. 5-6mbit when testing out of 40mbit. I would not expect seeing 40, but 20? 15? Router is on same floor in next room.

Might be router it self being ass...
    I just tested mine and I'm getting 34 down and 5 up on upc 120Mb. Routers upstairs and I'm downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

How do I change the length of time ps4 records? Cannot find it anywhere!

How do I change the length of time ps4 records? Cannot find it anywhere!
    From the home screen press share button on the controller then when the share screen opens press the options button then select share setting, video clip settings and then the last option is length of video clip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Is PSN down yet again this morning?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement