Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

iamtony wrote: »
    From the home screen press share button on the controller then when the share screen opens press the options button then select share setting, video clip settings and then the last option is length of video clip.

Thanks il give it a go when im back on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

hallo dare wrote: »
    Is PSN down yet again this morning?

Im after being online battlefield since 8am, seems ok for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

DC looking good

http://n4g.com/news/1511600/driveclubs-canada-track-has-over-one-million-trees-evolution-working-flat-out-to-polish-visuals

I'm still not sure if I should grab a cheap DFGT, I'm not 100% sure that its gonna work fine with the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'm still not sure if I should grab a cheap DFGT, I'm not 100% sure that its gonna work fine with the PS4.

I doubt it will, Thrustmaster got a licence but Logitech haven't and being PC focused are unlikely to and as such I doubt Sony will be doing them any free favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

30fps in driving game...... eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Myself and a friend just lost two hours to Towerfall duels. I have nothing but praise for the game - an immaculately crafted, expertly balanced title with an inspired mix between skill and chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

And don't forget the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Anyone know if there are any WW2 style FPS in the pipeline for the PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone know if there are any WW2 style FPS in the pipeline for the PS4?

They all seem to be modern day/future or one to do with dinosaurs, you might get lucky at E3.

Edit - Forgot about the new Wolfenstein game, but that is set in 1960 and the Nazis won WW2.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    They all seem to be modern day/future or one to do with dinosaurs, you might get lucky at E3.

Edit - Forgot about the new Wolfenstein game, but that is set in 1960 and the Nazis won WW2.

I'm just fed up with the same oul craic from modern shooters. And I would love to see a WW2 game utilising the new PS4 graphics engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

I'm just fed up with the same oul craic from modern shooters. And I would love to see a WW2 game utilising the new PS4 graphics engine.

the order looks good its in the past but different

seanand wrote: »
    the order looks good its in the past but different

I've seen the trailer alright and it looks very interesting. With the London setting, it kinda reminds me of that oldie from the PS1 - Nightmare Creatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Are people here already playing watch dogs? Someone on my friends list has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Fiddlex wrote: »
    Are people here already playing watch dogs? Someone on my friends list has it.

There is a beta running at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Lucreto wrote: »
    There is a beta running at the moment

Ah I see thanks. I would have thought the beta wouldn't show up on their recently played list though or at least have a different name.

Watched the livestream of Amplitude on Twitch, it looks great and was highly addictive on the PS2, shame that with only 4 days to go it is only half way to its kickstarter goal, if they do get to the goal it will be cross buy for the PS3/4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm guessing transistor wont be up on the store till tomorrow? also if you buy off the US store can you use your visa debit card?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm guessing transistor wont be up on the store till tomorrow? also if you buy off the US store can you use your visa debit card?

My VISA debit card works on the US store.
    I use my real address for billing except when I get to the state/zip, where I use 90210.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Child of light is really fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

cloud493 wrote: »

Going to pick it up next week me thinks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

F1ngers wrote: »
    I use my real address for billing except when I get to the state/zip, where I use 90210.

Which bank are you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

F1ngers wrote: »

I use Shannen Doherty sometimes, when I choke the chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

I downloaded Wolfenstein,this morning...

Ill give it a rip tonight and post thoughts tommorow..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

lertsnim wrote: »
    Which bank are you with?

PTSB.
    Your next questions better not be DOB and mothers maiden name...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

cloud493 wrote: »
    jenno86 wrote: »
    Going to pick it up next week me thinks. :D

I think fantastic is pushing it a bit, but defo worth picking up, it's fairly cheap and looks gorgeous and plays easy. Even though they put a lot of effort into making a smooth turn based battle system it still grates on me a little when all you want is a nice side scroller to immerse yourself into but then you get stung by a group of badguys.

Maybe that's just me, but as games developed I stopped playing FF because I found these sort of battle systems far too tedious and ruin the flow of a game.

Having said that, the battle system is actually very addictive, and the addition of the 'sprite' character to slow enemies down adds a brilliant dynamic.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

JamboMac wrote: »

Not the right forum, I reckon you'd get a better answer elsewhere, but the 2nd one looks better, natively supports 1080p. The other is WXGA so it would be upscaling.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

JamboMac wrote: »

I did quite a bit of research before buying the PS4, and the HD131XE came best value of majority of projectors I researched, this is going back to Oct/Nov so it may have changed a bit since.

Good discussion over at AVS HD131XE forums. Big thread but worth the read.

I'd recommend using Richersounds free 5 year guarantee...

Just been looking through the reviews that are out so far for Transistor, it looks like it could end up being the best reviewed game for the PS4 so far, shame it will be the weekend before I get to play it.
    Great combat mechanics and excellent writing help Transistor transcend the familiarity of its individual components. A gorgeous, intriguing, and ultimately moving tale, Supergiant's sophomore effort builds on the strengths that made Bastion so memorable without feeling like a mere retread. US Gamer

Its painterly visuals and pitch-perfect use of musical themes call to mind the greatest moments of 90's-era Japanese role-playing games. Its attention is focused on the first time through the game, but not lost on the second or third. Completing any one of these objectives would have been enough to satisfy those with a particular affinity toward a specific style, but watching them succeed as parts of a larger game widens its appeal and makes a declarative statement; Transistor is how games should be made. Digital Chump

Transistor’s the kind of game that made me immediately jump back in to take on New Game Plus. I wanted to continue exploring the excellent combat in new, more challenging scenarios. I wanted to double back on the areas that I’d missed the first time through, and try to fill in the gaps of the fantastic story. But most of all, I wasn’t ready to leave Red or her world behind. IGN

Transistor is an absolute triumph: a stunning sensory experience that buoys its lofty ambitions on a rock solid strategic core. It spins a tale of love, technology, and political and social unrest that speeds confidently towards a magnificent crescendo. What’s more, the razor sharp combat remains thrilling throughout, and the visuals and music display an almost superhuman level of polish. While niggling complaints can certainly be levelled at the gorgeous indie, a trip to Cloudbank comes highly recommended. Push Square

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    Just been looking through the reviews that are out so far for Transistor, it looks like it could end up being the best reviewed game for the PS4 so far, shame it will be the weekend before I get to play it.

Still not up on the store for some reason :s

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement