Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Still not up on the store for some reason :s

I assume that's because the store is updated on Wednesday so we won't have it till tomorrow.

Which is just odd imo, it really should be updated on Tuesday when games are actually released.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

tok9 wrote: »
    I assume that's because the store is updated on Wednesday so we won't have it till tomorrow.

Which is just odd imo, it really should be updated on Tuesday when games are actually released.

Ahhhhhhh feck sake,I keep forgetting that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The wolfenstein patch still hasn't downloaded, my PSN speeds have been real slow the past couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Anything exciting on the store yet? In work so cannot access content.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Tecmo Koei announced today that Samurai Warriors 4 is coming west on PS3, Vita and PS4 later this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone pre ordered Destiny yet. I presume you could do it through a US psn account for the pre download couldnt you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Has anyone pre ordered Destiny yet. I presume you could do it through a US psn account for the pre download couldnt you?

I'm sure you could, would you still get Beta access if its a preload from the Store?

I'm holding out for a free one off Bungie, they have me on their friends and family list and I usually get all their Beta codes for nowt....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Not sure if this link have been posted here already.

Nice little piece of kit to make your PS4 Controller ultra cool :Dhttp://www.adverts.ie/playstation/ps4-light-bar-stickers/5267252

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Have it preordered on Amazon, will get code before the end and could cancel it then.

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'm sure you could, would you still get Beta access if its a preload from the Store?

I'm holding out for a free one off Bungie, they have me on their friends and family list and I usually get all their Beta codes for nowt....

Ye if you pre order it you get into the beta. Just realised that i had $30 on my US account that i didnt realise i had. It almost feels like im getting it half price now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Fieldog wrote: »

The pre-download feature works for the euro version as well, id be hesitant buying it from the US store incase the multiplayer is region locked and just lets you play with other US people...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Not sure if this link have been posted here already.

Nice little piece of kit to make your PS4 Controller ultra cool :Dhttp://www.adverts.ie/playstation/ps4-light-bar-stickers/5267252

also makes the light bar unable to do it's job right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭bren2001

BordorFox wrote: »
    also makes the light bar unable to do it's job right.

Isn't the light bar something to do with VR so is essentially useless for the meantime?

CombatCow wrote: »
    The pre-download feature works for the euro version as well, id be hesitant buying it from the US store incase the multiplayer is region locked and just lets you play with other US people...

Ye good point. I better do some more research before i get it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

CombatCow wrote: »

I'll be getting the disc version of it anyway, I am a big Bungie fan so I hope it is everything I've been dreaming about for the last 5 years....

Seeing we have a good bit of Destiny talk at the moment..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Xenji wrote: »
    Seeing we have a good bit of Destiny talk at the moment..

Now this, this I'm in to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was playing child of light on ps4 and I had ff xiv in the cd drive and the disc just randomly comes out, tried put it back in but it keeps coming back out, anyone experience this before? broken cd drive I'm guessing :(

Having this problem again for the last hr,it just randomly happened while playing FIFA and the disc pops out and sends me back to the home page,time to send it back to amazon I think :(.

Found the below fixes for your problem, don't know if it's of any use though.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/INFO-Issues-with-ejecting-PS4-discs/td-p/42133811/page/6

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Having this problem again for the last hr,it just randomly happened while playing FIFA and the disc pops out and sends me back to the home page,time to send it back to amazon I think :(.

This has happened me twice now.
    Its an easy enough, though apparently temporary, fix. It fixed mine for a few months though.

Turn off PS4
    Boot into Safe Mode (hold power button until after a 2nd beep)
    Select Initialize PS4
    Done

This will delete all data though so be sure to upload saved data to online storage or a USB flash drive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

bren2001 wrote: »
    Isn't the light bar something to do with VR so is essentially useless for the meantime?

Yes, but also is used for playroom games and the PS4 camera to detect controllers amongst other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jc4517

Lads and lasses, where's the cheapest shop/website to get a ps4 bundled with a game? I'm getting one for my birthday next month (can't open it until this feckin leaving cert is out of the way though..)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Looking for a little bit of advice. Console has started to him fairly loud.

http://youtu.be/_DBTzBqf2oQ

What do you think, contact Sony?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

padair wrote: »
    Looking for a little bit of advice. Console has started to him fairly loud.

http://youtu.be/_DBTzBqf2oQ

What do you think, contact Sony?

I would contact Sony to be honest. Personally, I wouldn't have the console vertical without the official stand because there are vents on both sides of the console which the official stand compensates for, or at least I believe it does.

Blocking the vents of course would cause the consoles fans to work harder, although that does not appear to be the issue here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Benzino wrote: »
    I would contact Sony to be honest. Personally, I wouldn't have the console vertical without the official stand because there are vents on both sides of the console which the official stand compensates for, or at least I believe it does.

Blocking the vents of course would cause the consoles fans to work harder, although that does not appear to be the issue here.

The vents on both sides I did not know. I guess I will contact sony. Doh. Hope I don't lose my console for a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hmm Destiny looks VERY interesting

I think that and the new Batman seem to be the pick of the bunch for me in terms of titles im looking forward to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Anyone here affected by the game save upload bug?

link

I am. Not a very big deal but a bit annoying to have to manually upload the saves.

Amplitude managed to reach its Kickstarter goal and should be out on the PS3/4 early next year, the original for the PS2 was very addictive.

Anyone here affected by the game save upload bug?

link

I am. Not a very big deal but a bit annoying to have to manually upload the saves.

Yep, pain in the sac. But sure what's new with new things breaking nowadays.

• Advertisement

Sony are gonna be having a sneak peak of The Order 1886 on their official Twitch channel later today.
    Today, at 8.00pm GMT/9:00pm BST/10.00pm CET, tune in for a sneak peek at new gameplay from an upcoming PS4 title. Blink and you’ll miss it. Don’t be late!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement