Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Cheapest place to get Battlefield 4 now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

You can get it used for about £30 from amazon, delivered to Parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Cheapest place to get Battlefield 4 now ?

Adverts...loads on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Some gameplay from the sneak peek of The Order 1886 from last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Xenji wrote: »

Hard to judge due to the atrocious framerate, but it doesn't look overly impressive. Not much innovation or anything really to set it apart from other TPS except the alternate history time period

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

it doesn't look overly impressive. Not much innovation or anything really to set it apart from other TPS except the alternate history time period

Very hard to agree with you based on that video, very hard to disagree with you based on that video. I'm none the wiser :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There's going to be so much fun when people realise this game is 30FPS and presented in 2.4:1 (and hence a wacky resolution) aspect ratio on purpose ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 TobesYid

Looks like a lot of spit & polish required before release, I've high hopes for this one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Heard it's done in 30fps on purpose too to mimic film as much as possible too.

I think that's a handy excuse to max up the graphics for them tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Someone wake me up when quick time events are dead, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Xenji wrote: »

Dont know much about this game but that looked good!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭rvpalldway

Hi
    I am thinking of buying a ps4 in a week or two.
    I have compared ebay and amazon and the cheapest price is about 400euro any of you know any where cheaper.
    Or should i buy it in a few months?
    I have an Xbox 360 would it be worth trading in?
    I am also online on the Xbox what is you're reviews of past experiences
    Any thoughts/advice negative/positive will be gladly accepted.
    PS i wouldn't mind changing to Xbox 1 if it is worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Regarding the game-play footage of the Order,from last night...The frame rate looking issues were down to the poor quality stream(apparently )...
    Here's some info from DualSHOCKERS in relation to the stream and some Tweets from Andrea Pessino Founder/CTO @ Ready At Dawn Studios.

The Order: 1886 is one of the most anticipated upcoming PS4 titles, and today Sony Computer Entertainment and Ready at Dawn livestreamed a bit of gameplay to give us all a pre-E3 thrill.

As expected, the video is stunning, and you can check it out below for your serving of epic sideburns and mustaches. In addition to those we also get a good look at Lady Igraine in action, and the first glimpse on the electricity-blasting arc gun.

The quality of the recording (courtesy of the good folks at GameHQMedia) isn’t unfortunately the best, but for a livestream, that’s much better than nothing. Ready at Dawn CTO Andrea Pessino himself said on Twitter:

Thanks everyone! Oh, and the frame rate is actually VERY nice, do not blame us for streaming issues please… : )

There is no tearing when you play the game and if any ever shows up we will squash it. ; )

It definitely looked good enough that I’ll ignore the recording quality and just go look for my dropped jaw.

Really hoping to see some uncompressed footage of this around E3 time;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I think that was a given really.

So far I think Sony have done a poor job showing off The Order. I don't know if it demos poorly or if it is just poor but they really need to show it off a lot better.

At the moment it just looks like Sony's Ryse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

rvpalldway wrote: »
    Hi
    I have compared ebay and amazon and the cheapest price is about 400euro any of you know any where cheaper.

For what its worth, i have a 360 for past three years, was always playstation before that. Anyway i bought a ps4 last week and as soon as i hooked it up loved it and knew id made the right choice. I havent had any bad experience with online services since i bought it! I dont think you will regret getting a ps4 to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

rvpalldway wrote: »
    Hi

For me the things that make it
    > PS Vita - remote play, just great playing some of the indie's from the comfort of your bed late at night.
    > PS+ - just getting those indie's as well as games for the vita and PS3 "free" well for a 50Euro sub each year - suggest you get PS+ and each month even though you don't have a PS3 or Vita "buy" and checkout the games from the store - you never know...

Only downsides
    > Delays to some of the launch titles, a bit of a bummer but hope to see them soon with bugs all ironed out.
    > DS4 thumbstick wear - haven't seen it myself, but some friends have - but they are heavy FIFA players. Again though the stores seem to be exchanging them or you can get the covers from Amazon. This one doesn't apply to me yet so not bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Anybody else not being able log into war thunder, keep on getting you have no internet which that is fine and can log in with American account.

If was banned surely it would say something else and if they banned me for calling people morons then they have issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Anyone wanna dead nation co-op?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

is €74:99 really what gamestop are expecting for Watch Dogs standard edition? i pre-ordered the game last august when it was expected as a launch title. i've no idea if i paid the €64:99 they were looking for back then, can't find it on a estatment.

anyone have any idea what the story would be with that pre-order now? i wouldn't be willing to pay the new price, if it is that steep.

Do you have any sort of receipt?

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    Do you have any sort of receipt?

All I have is a partially shipped record on my account. I ordered it with FIFA 14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

I remembered when i preordered BF4 with Gamestop it was cheaper than the final release day price (paid in full). They wanted me to fork up the extra on release day.

Needless to say i threw a wobbler in the shop and after alot of ranting i got my money back and told them to stick it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Thought the PS4 had died Saturday morning. Turned on ok but then froze and I couldn't turn it off. Unplugged it and then it wouldn't restart. :eek:Unplugged everything and it then fired up. Worked fine then the next couple of days but was seriously worried.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Thought the PS4 had died Saturday morning. Turned on ok but then froze and I couldn't turn it off. Unplugged it and then it wouldn't restart. :eek:Unplugged everything and it then fired up. Worked fine then the next couple of days but was seriously worried.

Just curious, but do you have it standing on edge or have you it lying flat?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Lying flat.
    Why is that bad?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Lying flat.
    Why is that bad?

No no , just curious to see, cos if there was a pettern starting to develope we would all be in the same boat. Mine is flat also with plenty of breathing room all round.

I found my PS4 to be much louder when standing up.

And I doubt watchdogs will be €75 in gamestop tomorrow personally. But thats why we should stop paying those prices :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

cloud493 wrote: »
    I found my PS4 to be much louder when standing up.

And I doubt watchdogs will be €75 in gamestop tomorrow personally. But thats why we should stop paying those prices :)

Using videogameplus and a dose of patience is the best medicine against GameStops anti consumer price rigging gaming cartel!

Got confirmation that Watch Dogs was sent to courier by gamestop, €64:99. Bit more expensive than I would have hoped. Then again I pre-ordered it last august, so its a bit later than I would have hoped as well!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

so wheres the best place to get watch dogs in dublin city centre tomorrow? 65 euro for a video game is a bit steep IMO. i dont wanna wait for it on videogamesplus

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement