Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Just tried the UFC demo on my US account, you'd need to be some kind of Inter-Galactic Astronaut to figue out all the controls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Anyone able to convince me one way or the other on this? Which should i purchase? Wolfenstein or watchdogs.

I love my fps, but is wolfenstein up there with the rest, kinda meeah on the likes of gta stuff, but loved red dead redemption.

Anyone, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

hallo dare wrote: »
    Anyone able to convince me one way or the other on this? Which should i purchase? Wolfenstein or watchdogs.

I love my fps, but is wolfenstein up there with the rest, kinda meeah on the likes of gta stuff, but loved red dead redemption.

Anyone, please?

I have both. I enjoy both.

Personally, I prefer games like Watch_Dogs where I can explore and pick away at side activities when I am not in the mood for a full-on game session. When I am, there is the main campaign to play.

Wolfenstein is a good FPS but is unapologetically hard in places - which a lot of people enjoy but I can find overly frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Otacon wrote: »
    I have both. I enjoy both.

Personally, I prefer games like Watch_Dogs where I can explore and pick away at side activities when I am not in the mood for a full-on game session. When I am, there is the main campaign to play.

Wolfenstein is a good FPS but is unapologetically hard in places - which a lot of people enjoy but I can find overly frustrating.

Just stick it on "UBER" and go with the flow :p . I'm on the sub at the mo. I'le get the plat and then sell it on,I've no intrest in the online aspect.

The pic for " Can I play Daddy " is gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Just stick it on "UBER" and go with the flow :p . I'm on the sub at the mo. I'le get the plat and then sell it on,I've no intrest in the online aspect.

The pic for " Can I play Daddy " is gas.

I thought there was no online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Seems to be an E3 sale starting today on the Euro store: PS Blog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

CombatCow wrote: »
    Seems to be an E3 sale starting today on the Euro store: PS Blog

Just saw that, think I will get football manager on vita, any1 got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Gonna pick up Octodad, but knowing my luck it will be one of the free games for July.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

cadete wrote: »
    Just saw that, think I will get football manager on vita, any1 got it?

I got it,I like it,very addictive,only problem I have is that sometimes when I press the touch screen buttons it takes a few touches before they work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

For 18 euro.. I'm very tempted to get FM14 too.

• Advertisement

Just read on Videogamesplus that the last of us isn't in stock until December 31st!!!

So i'm just hoping that they are covering themselves as there doesn't appear to be any real date set as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Anyone, please?

Is got both but I'm loving wolfenstein. Great game and at the moment it's my goty

Really enjoy watchdogs too tho

Wolfenstein is a great game and FPS games are not really my thing, should have Watch_Dogs later this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Just read on Videogamesplus that the last of us isn't in stock until December 31st!!!

So i'm just hoping that they are covering themselves as there doesn't appear to be any real date set as of yet

It is a placeholder date.

Sony themselves have said it is releasing this 'summer'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Deano7788 wrote: »

Correct.

PS4, Vita to get an hallucinatory death game One Way Trip, You're poisoned, six hours to live. What do you do?

It's a game - a PS4 and Vita game - about death and what you'd do if you found out you only had six hours left to live. Oh, and you're poisoned, so you hallucinate.

"To put it another way," wrote project leader Michael Frauenhofer on the PlayStation blog, "it's an atmospheric exploration of what it would be like to find out you and most everyone you love is about to die, and then have to process that while your limbs turn into cartoon dolphins."

Right then.

There's a story mode that explores all this with a mixture of choice-making and procedural systems. The other people in the world live their lives and you can influence them or leave them be. The resulting outcomes can, because of this, be quite different.

There's also another mode that has turn-based third-person shooting, where you and your carefully equipped squad try to survive against waves of weird enemies all to the beat of a bespoke hip-hop bop.

One Way Trip is due 2015.

I want it already, and the trailer is all kinds of weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Xenji wrote: »
    PS4, Vita to get an hallucinatory death game One Way Trip, You're poisoned, six hours to live. What do you do?

I want it already, and the trailer is all kinds of weird.

I'm trying hard not to be judgemental, but that seems like a total hipster wankfest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

War thunder is taking so long to download it's saying 30 hours left and has frozen has anybody managed to download the update?

Deano7788 wrote: »

Hence...I've no intrest in the online aspect of the game :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Those wonderful bastards at Video Games Plus have completely overhauled their site, and it looks great. More importantly, they now offer multiple different shipping options, so it should make it an even more affordable and preferable way to get your hands on PS3, Vita and PS4 games at glorious North American prices :)https://www.videogamesplus.ca/index.php

• Advertisement

Those wonderful bastards at Video Games Plus have completely overhauled their site, and it looks great. More importantly, they now offer multiple different shipping options, so it should make it an even more affordable and preferable way to get your hands on PS3, Vita and PS4 games at glorious North American prices :)https://www.videogamesplus.ca/index.php

The new DHL and Fed Ex delivery charges are €23.50 and €27.00 per game to Ireland, so your looking at about €63.00-€67.00 for a PS4 game and €50 for a Vita game, thankfully they still have the snail mail for €5.00, the new site does look very well and I like the points system.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Had some issues with the PS4 recently. Always when I just turn it on and the Wolfenstein disc is in the console.

It doesn't seem to recognise the disc, then the console crashes and all I can do is turn it off via the PS button. But it doesn't fully power down. I've left it for 5 minutes but it's still partially on (white power line down the centre of the machine).

I have to pull the power, which is never a good idea. It then starts up in safe mode telling me not to do that again. Couple of times it was totally dead and wouldn't reboot but was only a matter of leaving it a minute or two.
    Happened maybe 4 times but it's working fine otherwise.

Doesn't seem good though. :(

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Had some issues with the PS4 recently. Always when I just turn it on and the Wolfenstein disc is in the console.

It doesn't seem to recognise the disc, then the console crashes and all I can do is turn it off via the PS button. But it doesn't fully power down. I've left it for 5 minutes but it's still partially on (white power line down the centre of the machine).

I have to pull the power, which is never a good idea. It then starts up in safe mode telling me not to do that again. Couple of times it was totally dead and wouldn't reboot but was only a matter of leaving it a minute or two.
    Happened maybe 4 times but it's working fine otherwise.

Doesn't seem good though. :(

I actually had that issue for the first time last week with Assassins creed. I too had to unplug the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Probably been asked a zillion times but do NA games work for us out of the box? Or do you have to tinker with them to get them to work?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

.ak wrote: »
    Probably been asked a zillion times but do NA games work for us out of the box? Or do you have to tinker with them to get them to work?

They do but you have to get the dlc off the american store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Gave in and bought Watchdogs off VGP. With buying that and buying the Borderlands vita bundle last week I'm officially broke :P

Gave in and bought Watchdogs off VGP. With buying that and buying the Borderlands vita bundle last week I'm officially broke :P

On tge fence myself about watchdogs, one minute im buying it, the next im looking at the gameplay and going naaah.

Don't know what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

On tge fence myself about watchdogs, one minute im buying it, the next im looking at the gameplay and going naaah.

Don't know what to do.

Don't blame you, i have it a week and already trying to get rid of it.

might swap it for wolfenstein.

BordorFox wrote: »
    Don't blame you, i have it a week and already trying to get rid of it.

might swap it for wolfenstein.

I have killzone, (you do to probably) if you fancy swapping with a few quid your way also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

I have killzone, (you do to probably) if you fancy swapping with a few quid your way also.

Yeah i already have killzone, got it for €1 lol

Yeah i wanna try wolfenstein, should have just gotten that instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement