Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

So I got my Ps4 today! And I've two questions 1.Is there anyway to check the battery percent without holding down the ps button
    2.how does the touch pad work? Can I use it scroll through menus cause it doesn't seem to be working for me
    Cheers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

1: I think that is the only way.

2: The button can be used in certain games. Some games it might open a map and in others it has a few uses such as draw a square and it will create a box etc.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    1: I think that is the only way.

2: The button can be used in certain games. Some games it might open a map and in others it has a few uses such as draw a square and it will create a box etc.

Ah that kinda sucked, it would be nice if it went a certain colour when fully charged or something similar,

Yeah I got it to work in Watch Dogs, can it not be used to scroll through menus on the home screen?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Yeah I got it to work in Watch Dogs, can it not be used to scroll through menus on the home screen?

Ive never tried the home screen but I wouldnt say it works really.

Ive never tried the home screen but I wouldnt say it works really.

Alright man nice one anyway, would you know if I could update squads in FIFA using a USB?cause I ain't got Internet acces in my home but I could download them using my gf's pc?

• Advertisement

I had a quick look online and I cant access pages that say they have the update file but im sure you can do it that way. Get the ps4 system updates aswell while your in the gf's :) also you really should get a PS+ Sub for your 2 free games every month.

I had a quick look online and I cant access pages that say they have the update file but im sure you can do it that way. Get the ps4 system updates aswell while your in the gf's :) also you really should get a PS+ Sub for your 2 free games every month.

Alright ill have a look later on, nice one :) ill be getting PS + when I get wifi back on :)

Well if you do get the PS+ now, you can use the login on a PC and get all your free games redeemed to your account every month so you can get all your Vita/PS3/PS4 games :)

Well if you do get the PS+ now, you can use the login on a PC and get all your free games redeemed to your account every month so you can get all your Vita/PS3/PS4 games :)

I didn't even think of that lol thank you :)

No problem, new games were released for June yesterday so a few weeks to pick them up. Keep an eye on the PS+ thread in here and youll see any work around offers like Killzone for 99 cent etc when they pop up.

• Advertisement

No problem, new games were released for June yesterday so a few weeks to pick them up. Keep an eye on the PS+ thread in here and youll see any work around offers like Killzone for 99 cent etc when they pop up.

Will do , cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Remember on PS+ don't just limit yourself to the PS4 games - you never know if you'll pick up a cheap PS3 or a vita sometime in the future. If you do then you'll have a great catalog of games saved up - although thinking on this I bought the vita because I had the catalog built up. On the plus side it is great to remote play some of the freebies with...

Welcome to the team ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Watch_Dogs is class, don't understand the hate?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It really improves when you start to learn it's ways and the story gets great after a few hours. Actually really like the ganme and in was very skeptical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Open world games are very subjective I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LimeTimee

Do you guys thing playstation now will work properly in ireland, with a good internet connection (50 down 20 up)? I have a ps3 but the only games I played on it was cod and battlefield and literally nothing else besides rockstar games. I want to play uncharted and the other cool games without buying them. Game click seems like it closed down too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

LimeTimee wrote: »
    Do you guys thing playstation now will work properly in ireland, with a good internet connection (50 down 20 up)? I have a ps3 but the only games I played on it was cod and battlefield and literally nothing else besides rockstar games. I want to play uncharted and the other cool games without buying them. Game click seems like it closed down too.

We will have to wait and see how it works first in the US, I hope your not in a rush to use it over here as it does not have a EU release date as of yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Watch_Dogs is class, don't understand the hate?

Just because i don't like a game, doesn't mean i hate it, if we were all zombies loving the same games all the time, their wouldn't be much diversity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

BordorFox wrote: »
    Just because i don't like a game, doesn't mean i hate it, if we were all zombies loving the same games all the time, their wouldn't be much diversity.
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Been playing watch dogs and loving it more that gtav, only one major gripe and that is I am fed up looking at Aidens coat and attire. I wish i could customise his character more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Been playing watch dogs and loving it more that gtav, only one major gripe and that is I am fed up looking at Aidens coat and attire. I wish i could customise his character more!

That will probably be the big update for watchdogs 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I've got a PS+ subscription. How do you actually do this ? I've logged on to PSN on PC and it's not immediately obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

TinCool wrote: »
    I've got a PS+ subscription. How do you actually do this ? I've logged on to PSN on PC and it's not immediately obvious.

Enter the redeem code. All instructions came with the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

TinCool wrote: »

Login here and place the games into your cart that you want ,and then complete the cart. Your games are then in your download list for future downloads.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/home/games

Is there any way to disconnect from a wifi connection? Like I connected up to a dongle thing just to get updates but there doesn't seem to be any option to disconnect from this connection anybody know how or what to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is there any way to disconnect from a wifi connection? Like I connected up to a dongle thing just to get updates but there doesn't seem to be any option to disconnect from this connection anybody know how or what to do?

Turn off "connect to internet" in your system settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

LimeTimee wrote: »
    Do you guys thing playstation now will work properly in ireland, with a good internet connection (50 down 20 up)?

It'll work fine as long as your not in the sticks with a ****ty internet connection (like me :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not liking War Thunder now, both in the air and on the ground.

Russian tank reserves have a gun 2x the size of the Germans, and the update from 1.37 to match the PC version was huge so now you're playing against PC players who are used to the updated version and fight models while you're having to relearn stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, warthunder on PS4 sucks. I was waiting for ground forces and oh my god, how bad it is.
    They need some massive performance optimisation as it is not even in acceptable territory anymore. Framerate is pretty much at slide show level. Map Is way too small to be useful.
    Playing against pc people even in tanks is just a pain. Well, that sucked...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Well, warthunder on PS4 sucks. I was waiting for ground forces and oh my god, how bad it is.
    They need some massive performance optimisation as it is not even in acceptable territory anymore. Framerate is pretty much at slide show level. Map Is way too small to be useful.
    Playing against pc people even in tanks is just a pain. Well, that sucked...

Never noticed any performance issues

Got past the crappy German reserve tanks, so at least on ground forces it's a fair fight. Well fair in that I'm winning.

Too much has changed on planes so I'm going to play on a side I've not yet to work my way up again.

Bpi-oPoIEAAZ9aj.jpg:large

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement