Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

The only issues I've found is idiots on your team pushing when your target of an enemy tank, it's not flawless yet but I think that's server issues at the minute but most PC gamers don't seemed that skilled. I've killed and been killed just look for the little green x when in tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am having some major frame rate issues. Or maybe I am used to solid 60 on pc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

So got the PS4.

What region is everyone on? Ireland, UK or US? Is it best to have a few accounts for things like DLC for videogameplus.ca Bought games?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The PS4 is region free, you can play EU,US and Jap games on any console. You can set up a US account to get digital release games for €43 through Amazon.com buy buying US PSN store credit. You can sign upfor the US PS+ service too and get the EU and US free games each month. The only thing to keep in mind is that if you buy a US version of a game only US DLC will work on it, same with EU games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The PS4 is region free, you can play EU,US and Jap games on any console. You can set up a US account to get digital release games for €43 through Amazon.com buy buying US PSN store credit. You can sign upfor the US PS+ service too and get the EU and US free games each month. The only thing to keep in mind is that if you buy a US version of a game only US DLC will work on it, same with EU games.

There are also some games (DC online for one) whose servers are region locked, I was trying to play with a few friends and one of them had to download the EU version to play with us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I got watch dogs from vgp. Can I redeem the DLC code using a US psn account then play it from my EU account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

I got watch dogs from vgp. Can I redeem the DLC code using a US psn account then play it from my EU account?

Yeah you should be able to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Oddly enough I downloaded the E3 app from my US account, as soon as it installed it had a little lock icon beside it, wouldn't allow me use it on my account, could this be the start of region locking software I wonder?

I looked into it on PS blog and they confirmed there would be no EU release of it but you can watch E3 from PlayStation.com in the browser....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Fieldog wrote: »
    Oddly enough I downloaded the E3 app from my US account, as soon as it installed it had a little lock icon beside it, wouldn't allow me use it on my account, could this be the start of region locking software I wonder?

Worked fine on my PS4, was able to launch it with no issues.

No US apps with work for me either. All apps seem to be region locked unless you change the IP settings to a US proxy to get around it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Fieldog wrote: »

Set your PS4 as the primary device for your US account

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/activation.html

lertsnim wrote: »
    Set your PS4 as the primary device for your US account

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/activation.html

Doh!

Why didn't I think of that... :-/

No need for the app actually -

Here is the link for watching in PS4 browser :

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/e3/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The rumour is TLOU remastered has been pushed back to October :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well We'll know for sure in about 15 hours!

Edit: Actually just had a look at the rumour and it's down for 10th October. Isn't that the same date as Driveclub?

Surely there is no chance of Sony's only first party titles of this year releasing the same day!

tok9 wrote: »
    Well We'll know for sure in about 15 hours!

Edit: Actually just had a look at the rumour and it's down for 10th October. Isn't that the same date as Driveclub?

Surely there is no chance of Sony's only first party titles of this year releasing the same day!

Other rumour I heard that TLOU will be out end of June as Sony's suckerpunch, who knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The rumours on neogaf is that TLOU will be Q3/Q4 to make up lack of exclusives.

Releasing it closer to Christmas may make more sense considering that it's going to be the busiest time of the year for console buying and I can see a lot of 360 owners opting for the PS4 in favor of the One, especially if one of the past generations most celebrated games is on the new console.

cloud493 wrote: »
    The rumours on neogaf is that TLOU will be Q3/Q4 to make up lack of exclusives.

Apparently H1Z1 will be 30th June!

They have Driveclub in October and Planetside 2 sometime around then I reckon too. Don't think they have to worry about lack of exclusives yet as MS don't seem to have more than them this year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

So who is staying up for the E3 press conference at 02.00?

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »

If I can keep my eyes open at that stage, yeah.... :D

I have a load of leave I'm not going to use so took today and tomorrow off. Going for a nap this afternoon, have a few beers chilling and going to wake up st 16:30 for some gaming and E3 for the night and a beer or two for good measure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

No chance.
    Up at 5am for work. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Gonna go to sleep after the Ubisoft conf, then wake up for the Sony one :)

This is handy:
    UWsYxse.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Anyone know if you can stream the press conference on ps4?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

There is an app on the US store, you could try that - works for some.
    There is a link posted a few posts back that will work on the PS4 browser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

I have some listed at http://www.irishgamers.ie/e3 , should be some that work on the ps4 browser, actually i will go check and label them as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

TLOU delayed? delaystation 4 strikes again :L

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I highly doubt it's delayed, if anything its coming sooner then some would think ( june/July )

• Advertisement

According to the playstation blog it will be available on PS4 through the IGN app. The yanks get a seperate E3 app.
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/06/e3-2014-coming/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement