Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Just wondering if I upgrade my AC4 to ps4 now will it still work for ps3? (Not getting one for a while but there's an expiry on the voucher) I'm assuming yes but just wondering!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

quick question...

my cousin is going to buy the china rising DLC for battlefield 4 on ps3 tonight but he is unaware that his parents got him a ps4 for christmas. i have no way of getting him to not buy the dlc without ruining his surprise present so im asking, would buying it be on his account to download on the ps4 on christmas? or would he have to buy the dlc again on the ps4 store?

i hope that made sence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Tell him to wait and get Premium instead since it gives all the DLC + more. Even lie and tell him you got Premium for him for Christmas. But he has to wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Morpork wrote: »
    Tell him to wait and get Premium instead since it gives all the DLC + more. Even lie and tell him you got Premium for him for Christmas. But he has to wait!

too late, hes got it. oh well, its his dad who will be paying for the dlc on ps4 so meh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Went into smyths to trade in knack. They offered €10 credit or €6 cash, I didn't take it. Went to xtravision and got €25 credit and used it get FIFA 14. Thought I might get more but smyths are only selling knack for €35 second hand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Got this from Amazon and are great! I had noticed the grip on my DS4 thumbsticks was beginning to bald so I decided to preempt any more by using these!

I bought the same from Amazon. Have fitted them but haven't had a chance to really use them yet. They seem pretty comfortable though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

MarkY91 wrote: »
    quick question...

my cousin is going to buy the china rising DLC for battlefield 4 on ps3 tonight but he is unaware that his parents got him a ps4 for christmas. i have no way of getting him to not buy the dlc without ruining his surprise present so im asking, would buying it be on his account to download on the ps4 on christmas? or would he have to buy the dlc again on the ps4 store?

i hope that made sence :D

If he uses the same account on PS4 ie his email. He automatically gets China Rising on PS4

The same applies to Premium when you purchase it on PS3 its rolled over to PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

hotwhiskey wrote: »
    If he uses the same account on PS4 ie his email. He automatically gets China Rising on PS4

The same applies to Premium when you purchase it on PS3 its rolled over to PS4.

Nope tried this myself during the week DLC doesn't carry from PS3 to PS4 spent half an hour on the fone to Sony , told me to buy it again or call ea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Got my ps4 yesterday. Delighted with it so far. Have a couple questions tho. Are we going to run out of space very quickly on the hard drive. Noticed battlefield an fifa take up 49 gb.

also ive noticed you need ps plus for playing fifa online. Does that now mean that if someone has multiple accounts that they must have ps plus on them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

JeaicMaG wrote: »
    Just wondering if I upgrade my AC4 to ps4 now will it still work for ps3? (Not getting one for a while but there's an expiry on the voucher) I'm assuming yes but just wondering!

it will

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Does that now mean that if someone has multiple accounts that they must have ps plus on them all.

No , set the system as your " Primary system " and then any account has the benefit of your PS+ sub and can play all your content and online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Swoon! ....get in line ladies! :p

279XyL9.jpg

ku-xlarge.gif

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Ah two more sleeps then finally get my hands on ps4 wooooohahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Trying to decide which game to get out of COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4 or Need For Speed. Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Ghosts is good fun and maps are bigger never liked any need for speed and battlefield haven't played either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

547537_10152273042130312_258613641_n.jpg

It's so beautiful :o

Judging by the time I am quite enjoying it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Thinking about picking up Fifa 14, anybody know whats the best price for it? Cheapest I can find is wowHD for €50. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Benzino wrote: »
    Thinking about picking up Fifa 14, anybody know whats the best price for it? Cheapest I can find is wowHD for €50. Thanks!

Have you got it for ps3?

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Have you got it for ps3?

Unfortunately not. I was going to wait for the sales, but I don't think Fifa ever gets discounted much.

• Advertisement

Tesco also have several PS3 games reduced, they have the upgrage to PS4 sticker on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

Moneymaker wrote: »
    547537_10152273042130312_258613641_n.jpg

It's so beautiful :o

Judging by the time I am quite enjoying it :pac:

What game is that?

mileslow wrote: »
    What game is that?

assassins creed 4 black flag....excellent game, i would recomend the season pass also, very good value.

Having my first issues with the PS4 :( Got Marvel Super Heroes (disc version) and the first time I booted it up it froze the system. So had to restart in safe mode. Once I got back in, went to play and it just showed an error saying I was logged out (CE-30022-7). So I deleted the installed game data, re-installed and same thing is happening. I've read it's a PSN issue, so I disconnected from the internet, no cigar.

Anybody have this issue before?

Edit: Just tried Killzone and it works fine, so not an issue with the disc drive, though perhaps it's the game disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Trying to decide which game to get out of COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4 or Need For Speed. Any opinions?

Just cleared cod, good game, too short though, not into the multiplayer mode, need for speed rivals, absolute rubbish, you either chase cars or run from the law, that's the whole game

Gonna trade them in for battlefield and assassins creed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Just cleared cod, good game, too short though, not into the multiplayer mode, need for speed rivals, absolute rubbish, you either chase cars or run from the law, that's the whole game

Gonna trade them in for battlefield and assassins creed

I have to agree about NFS. Got it and sold it after few days. I like racing games but that was too confusing. I spend more time looking at the map where I am supposed to go rather than looking at the track. Really like racing games but not the open world racing... I don't get the high review scores it got ...

Loved assassins creed single player

At the moment I haven't turned on PS4 for last few days as I've nothing else to play. Multiplayer in AC4 is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Assassins creed definitely the next purchase so

JamboMac wrote: »
    Ghosts is good fun and maps are bigger never liked any need for speed and battlefield haven't played either.

Ghosts got another patch update on PS4 today.....its alot more playable then BF4. And the DLC for Lego Marvel is *finally* set to drop....its out on xbox so it shouldnt be long before its out on PS3 and 4 in Europe, the US has had the DLC since launch.

Rumours as well of Arkham Origins for PS4...announcement on the 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Missus just stuck a very PS4 shaped box under the tree along with a few game shaped boxes. Heres hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

14murphy wrote: »
    Missus just stuck a very PS4 shaped box under the tree along with a few game shaped boxes. Heres hoping.

could be vacuum cleaner and fancy socks :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement