Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Ok, the PS4 is youtube html5 compatible but you must register it as a html5 preferred device first.

Go to the PS4 web browser, go to http://www.youtube.com/html5

Click the Button "Request the HTML5 player"

Now the PS4 will attempt to open the youtube video in the HTML5 player but it must be the embed link for it to work.

For example, to watch the Full E3 Conference live on youtube, go to https://www.youtube.com/embed/pvJyhKIgyd4

You should now be able to watch the event in HD live on Youtube on the PS4 browser at full screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

BordorFox wrote: »
    Ok, the PS4 is youtube html5 compatible but you must register it as a html5 preferred device first.

Go to the PS4 web browser, go to http://www.youtube.com/html5

Click the Button "Request the HTML5 player"

Now the PS4 will attempt to open the youtube video in the HTML5 player but it must be the embed link for it to work.

For example, to watch the Full E3 Conference live on youtube, go to https://www.youtube.com/embed/pvJyhKIgyd4

You should now be able to watch the event in HD live on Youtube on the PS4 browser at full screen.

I've always just used YouTube.com/TV on PS4, I never had to register it as a HTML5 device?

Should I?

Fieldog wrote: »
    I've always just used YouTube.com/TV on PS4, I never had to register it as a HTML5 device?

Should I?

the tv directory is just the ps3 app, but i believe it uses flash.

the html5 player is native and shouldn't run into flash issues.

but i don't see why you can't use the tv part if it's not giving you issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

BordorFox wrote: »
    the tv directory is just the ps3 app, but i believe it uses flash.

the html5 player is native and shouldn't run into flash issues.

but i don't see why you can't use the tv part if it's not giving you issues.

I thought YouTube ditched flash about 2 or so years ago, and I actually think that the .TV link is HTML 5 video, I don't think the PS4 has flash, but if it does its probably flash lite or something...

I use my PS4 to watch my illegal footy through it also, as it has a PS4/Xbone friendly stream in the browser, and I'm pretty sure Xbox definitely doesn't have any form of flash in it...

Flash is archaic, can't wait to see the back of it....

Fieldog wrote: »
    I thought YouTube ditched flash about 2 or so years ago, and I actually think that the .TV link is HTML 5 video, I don't think the PS4 has flash, but if it does its probably flash lite or something...

I use my PS4 to watch my illegal footy through it also, as it has a PS4/Xbone friendly stream in the browser, and I'm pretty sure Xbox definitely doesn't have any form of flash in it...

Flash is archaic, can't wait to see the back of it....

this will help, go to http://www.irishgamers.ie/ps4/ on the PS4 browser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Howdy lads... im looking at buying a ps4 for the exclusives and thepsn games as they seem like fantastic value for money psn only 60 per year and loads of free games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Howdy lads... im looking at buying a ps4 for the exclusives and thepsn games as they seem like fantastic value for money psn only 60 per year and loads of free games

Ps+ is only 50 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone know what delivery times are like from videogamesplus.ca? Ordered last Tuesday and it's not here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

martyos121 wrote: »
    Anyone know what delivery times are like from videogamesplus.ca? Ordered last Tuesday and it's not here yet.

Usually two weeks for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I love that Shu changed his twitter names to Brohei Broshida :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'l be buying that entwined thing tomorrow, looked great :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I posted in the projector forum last night but its very quite over there so said I'll ask here. I have a picopix mini projector. I can connect my laptop to it from hdmi to mini hdmi. It works perfectly from my laptop but when i try it on my ps4 i get major flickering and the picture comes and goes. Completely unplayable.
    Has anyone experienced this. Would it be the ps4 hdmi port or could it be the hdmi to mini hdmi cable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I posted in the projector forum last night but its very quite over there so said I'll ask here. I have a picopix mini projector. I can connect my laptop to it from hdmi to mini hdmi. It works perfectly from my laptop but when i try it on my ps4 i get major flickering and the picture comes and goes. Completely unplayable.
    Has anyone experienced this. Would it be the ps4 hdmi port or could it be the hdmi to mini hdmi cable?

Hertz. Check your ps4 to see what hertz it's giving out via hdmi 50 or 60. Set it to whatever your projector can handle, usually 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Haven't really been in a game store in a while but are PS4's easy to get now?

Also any deals on the console anywhere? (I doubt it)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

What we saw at E3 last night, the future looks bright with Bloodborne, No Mans Sky and Arkham Knight being the pick of the bunch.

Uncharted 4
    Suda Game
    Bloodborne
    Grim Fandango
    4 Devolver Digital Games
    No Mans Sky
    Arkham Knight
    The Order
    LPB 3
    Destiny Alpha For 3 Days
    Possible Free Far Cry 4
    Hardline Beta
    Dead Island Beta
    Project Morpheous
    25 F2P Games Coming In The Next 12 Months
    PS TV
    PS Now
    Mortal Kombat X
    MGS
    Ratchet and Clank Remake
    The Last Of Us
    GTA V
    100 Vita Games In Development

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

hallo dare wrote: »
    Hertz. Check your ps4 to see what hertz it's giving out via hdmi 50 or 60. Set it to whatever your projector can handle, usually 50.

Thanks. I'll try that later this evening and report back. Hopefully it'll work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Xenji wrote: »
    What we saw at E3 last night, the future looks bright with Bloodborne, No Mans Sky and Arkham Knight being the pick of the bunch.

Uncharted 4
    Suda Game
    Bloodborne
    Grim Fandango
    4 Devolver Digital Games
    No Mans Sky
    Arkham Knight
    The Order
    LPB 3
    Destiny Alpha For 3 Days
    Possible Free Far Cry 4
    Hardline Beta
    Dead Island Beta
    Project Morpheous
    PS TV
    PS Now
    Mortal Kombat X
    MGS
    Ratchet and Clank Remake
    The Last Of Us
    GTA V

Impressive list. Looking forward to PS TV, Uncharted 4 & Far Cry 4 most from that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I think we need a bit more clarity on the exact details of it, but if your friends buys Far Cry 4 then you can play it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I think we need a bit more clarity on the exact details of it, but if your friends buys Far Cry 4 then you can play it for free.

Ya, it seems a bit strange. Your friends might be waiting a while to download all the files necessary to play the game. They might even need to download the entire world map.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Could it be part of PS Now tech, where they are actually streaming your game and playing in it remotely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Redo91

Uncharted 4
    Suda Game
    Bloodborne
    Grim Fandango
    4 Devolver Digital Games
    No Mans Sky
    Arkham Knight
    The Order
    LPB 3
    Destiny Alpha For 3 Days
    Possible Free Far Cry 4
    Hardline Beta
    Dead Island Beta
    Project Morpheous
    PS TV
    PS Now
    Mortal Kombat X
    MGS
    Ratchet and Clank Remake
    The Last Of Us
    GTA V

You forgot Assassins Creed Unity too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I thought LBP3 and FC4 looked like a load of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Some absolutely savage looking games and content on the way for PS4. Happy enough with that.

Remastering Grim Fandango...great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

can someone tell me what an IP, it kept coming up at that e3, i thought it was an Internet Protocol, no?

Where did Grim Fandango come out of, must have nodded off in the Sony event as I missed that. Love to play that again on a console, it's a classic.

can someone tell me what an IP, it kept coming up at that e3, i thought it was an Internet Protocol, no?

Intellectual Property, a new game idea basically. BF is an IP, CoD is an IP, GTA is an IP. Gamers want more new IPs as there are far too many sequels now.

In IT terms IP is Internet Protocol.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Same, I think its intellectual property; in other words the series, so FIFA is an IP, Assassins Creed is an IP, etc, though FIFA 14 isn't an IP itself. Open to correction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Cheers lads, makes sense now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I wish they would fix the "Record last 15 minutes" bug. Every time I get a good hack in Watch_Dogs, go to check the video out only to find it wasn't recording. Ridiculous at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Was anyone able to download the new battlefield beta. Can you share how tyou did it.
    Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement