Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

padair wrote: »
    Was anyone able to download the new battlefield beta. Can you share how tyou did it.
    Cheers

You can get it if you already have BF4 on your dashboard, if not you have to sign up and hope they pick you, you will get an email letting you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Xenji wrote: »
    You can get it if you already have BF4 on your dashboard, if not you have to sign up and hope they pick you, you will get an email letting you know.

Excellent. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭Evade

The direct sign up is over, the link on the dashboard sends you to the waiting list sign up page now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Evade wrote: »
    The direct sign up is over, the link on the dashboard sends you to the waiting list sign up page now.

Booo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Entwined is gorgeous, only £6.49

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

hallo dare wrote: »
    Hertz. Check your ps4 to see what hertz it's giving out via hdmi 50 or 60. Set it to whatever your projector can handle, usually 50.

This worked, not sure if it was hertz exactly but i changed the output from 1080p to 1080i and it works a treat now. thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Can anyone make a thread with all the new e3 reveals and trailers would be cool

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Can anyone make a thread with all the new e3 reveals and trailers would be cool

There is a video thread in the main games forum - usually populated over the course of E3.

EDIT: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057227378

• Registered Users Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

cloud493 wrote: »
    Entwined is gorgeous, only £6.49

Think I may pick it up at some stage too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Highly recommended so it is. Can't go wrong for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Got a PS4 last week, just wondering is it worth double dipping for COD: Ghosts or BF4 (missed the upgrade windows) or is there not much difference and should just wait 4 months-ish for next ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Anyone get a Battlefield hardline beta key email yet? Or does anyone know when they are releasing the keys?

If you have BF4 you can go to that in the menu, go to overview and download Hardline from there.

Didn't particularly enjoy the game and a bit that I played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

tok9 wrote: »
    If you have BF4 you can go to that in the menu, go to overview and download Hardline from there.

Didn't particularly enjoy the game and a bit that I played.

I can't. Tried that last night but it just sends me to register for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

tok9 wrote: »

That only lasted a few minutes. There was limited automatic downloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Got a PS4 last week, just wondering is it worth double dipping for COD: Ghosts or BF4 (missed the upgrade windows) or is there not much difference and should just wait 4 months-ish for next ones?

I'd buy one of them so you have something to play in the meantime :) Next Battlefield is going to be cops n robbers. I've really enjoyed BF since I got it Ghosts not so much but it's a personal taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads, any way of having keyboard in ps4? I am playing a lot of warframe and it is a pain in a hole to type in chat with controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Lads, any way of having keyboard in ps4? I am playing a lot of warframe and it is a pain in a hole to type in chat with controller.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5087/~/use-keyboard-and-mouse-with-ps4

You are a star m8. Kisses and hugs. Now I need to buy some mini bluetooth keyboard. I actually can't believe Sony let's to use any keyboard like that. Fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

download the playstation app and you can type using tour phone. I'm not sure if that works for all games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

iamtony wrote: »
    download the playstation app and you can type using tour phone. I'm not sure if that works for all games though.

If it uses the PS4's text entry (not a specific in-game keyboard), it should work.

Tried using app and it sucks balls. It disconnects after few seconds, because phone goes to sleep mode. Will need to get keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Tried using app and it sucks balls. It disconnects after few seconds, because phone goes to sleep mode. Will need to get keyboard.
    Yeah keyboard is a better option but I'm sure you could stop your phone going asleep and plug it in doesn't go dead in the mean time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

so the app is crap cause your phone goes to sleep?
    is that not a phone issue :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LimeTimee

FrostyJack wrote: »

I bought bf4 for ps4 a few days ago and it's great. I'm not buying premium, but I will buy naval strike at some stage.

cadete wrote: »

I think it's more so for that functionality.

I'd agree to be honest.

But I always use the phone app now when i'm responding to messages. So handy. Especially for the ps3.

cadete wrote: »

When you put down phone with that app, it just goes off. Then when you need to type something fast, you need to unlock phone, reconnect app and then use it.
    Yes you can put your phone in to non sleep mode, yes you can put your phone on to charger, but it is not practical.
    It's nifty idea and it can be handy for big text messages.
    Something like simple cheap bluetooth keyboard will be more convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

LimeTimee wrote: »
    I bought bf4 for ps4 a few days ago and it's great. I'm not buying premium, but I will buy naval strike at some stage.

I mostly play naval strike! That and End Game for BF3 are my fav BF DLC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

LimeTimee wrote: »

I may regret it but I bought COD and Killzone 2nd hand off Amazon. For the same price as a new BF4, have the premium on pc so may wait for the price to come down to double dip on that. Love all things Battlefield.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement