Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

hallo dare wrote: »
    Yes please, pm me

Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

CombatCow wrote: »
    Sent

Legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Apparently i 'didnt meet the requirements' to get into the destiny alpha. No idea why especially since iv pre ordered it on psn. Anyone else get that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Apparently i 'didnt meet the requirements' to get into the destiny alpha. No idea why especially since iv pre ordered it on psn. Anyone else get that

The Pre-order is Beta only, this is something separate and an E3 promotion.

Or did you get that back after trying to sign up for alpha?

Varik wrote: »
    How do you know this?

I got an email from sony stating that

• Advertisement

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I got an email from sony stating that

After you emailed them asking why you didn't get a code or was it automated after applying for the Alpha on the site.

After you emailed them asking why you didn't get a code or was it automated after applying for the Alpha on the site.

It was automated after applying for the alpha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

My Opinion of Destiny first look alpha

This is my opinion of the alpha as it is, not necessarily the full game as bugs and features may have changed.

I found it to be amazingly repetitive, most missions making you run back to the exact place 10 missions beforehand and after playing for 3-4 hours of constantly running back to the same place and enemies respawning if you just turned a corner.

After playing shooters that offer damage in the quality of battlefield, the maps on destiny feel static, no breakable parts and confined, hell even water kills you instantly, makes me feel destiny is nothing short of a ps3 game, not much next gen about it.

The idea of walking around a corner and finding a PSN player(s) battling out against a enemy is a great addition, however the interaction of "dancing with player" is limited and serves absolutely no purpose after the first hour, needs more social features.

The game in a whole is ridiculously similar to halo in oh so many aspects, even the main intro scene music, you feel it's about to burst out with the halo theme, the enemies are basically convenant with new skins and the sparrow/shrike is basically the banshee.

The customisations option(s) in the game are a great addition but it seems in the alpha at least, they make no effect to your character unless you are out of mission, may be a bug or just not fully implemented in this alpha.

After playiing the alpha, it's changed my mind on whether i want to get this game or not at launch.

I will wait till it's released a while and watch some videos and get more information before i spend over 60 euro for this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

BordorFox wrote: »
    My Opinion of Destiny first look alpha

This is my opinion of the alpha as it is, not necessarily the full game as bugs and features may have changed.

I found it to be amazingly repetitive, most missions making you run back to the exact place 10 missions beforehand and after playing for 3-4 hours of constantly running back to the same place and enemies respawning if you just turned a corner.

After playing shooters that offer damage in the quality of battlefield, the maps on destiny feel static, no breakable parts and confined, hell even water kills you instantly, makes me feel destiny is nothing short of a ps3 game, not much next gen about it.

The idea of walking around a corner and finding a PSN player(s) battling out against a enemy is a great addition, however the interaction of "dancing with player" is limited and serves absolutely no purpose after the first hour, needs more social features.

The game in a whole is ridiculously similar to halo in oh so many aspects, even the main intro scene music, you feel it's about to burst out with the halo theme, the enemies are basically convenant with new skins and the sparrow/shrike is basically the banshee.

The customisations option(s) in the game are a great addition but it seems in the alpha at least, they make no effect to your character unless you are out of mission, may be a bug or just not fully implemented in this alpha.

After playiing the alpha, it's changed my mind on whether i want to get this game or not at launch.

I will wait till it's released a while and watch some videos and get more information before i spend over 60 euro for this game.

yup you pretty much nailed it,very poor for a next gen game,not the same gameplay demo we seen in the E3 2013,i played it for a couple of hours to give it a chance,but running back and forth meeting the same enemy`s it got boring.Again it can be said this is alpha,that there going to tweak it and put some hd texturing and lighting,make it feel a bit next gen,but at the moment its just dull and boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Won't have my PS4 for two weeks so I couldn't try out the Alpha, but this video convinced me it's a game to get. Looks like great craic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Won't have my PS4 for two weeks so I couldn't try out the Alpha, but this video convinced me it's a game to get. Looks like great craic.

Thought that too until i tried the demo. Can't say I'll be getting it based on what i played.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Feels like Halo without any cutscenes and no set pieces to mix up the fights. Just feels like I am fighting the same small group of enemies every time. Also there is a smidge of rpg elements. So far I finding it kind of meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I was not going to get this based on the gameplay vids i have watched but after playing the alpha for a few hours it has become a day one purchase for me. I love Borderlands and like Halo and this takes them together to make something a bit different. Don't know if it's a Halo mod for Borderlands or a Borderlands mod for Halo but I like it.

Put a few hours into the alpha and really not impressed, Now I know it's only early days but honestly there was nothing I saw that would tempt me to pay the guts of 60 euro to play again. What I played was incredibly repetitive and rather bland, it's Halo by ways of Borderlands and nowhere near as interesting or fun as either, which isn't saying a lot considering that both franchises are hardly amongst the best the genre has to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Destiny looks very much like Halo to me, which is a good thing for me as a convert from the 360 and a fan of halo.

Think it's a bit harsh to fully base your opinion of the game on the alpha, albeit a very advanced looking alpha.
    Put a few hours into the alpha and really not impressed, Now I know it's only early days but honestly there was nothing I saw that would tempt me to pay the guts of 60 euro to play again. What I played was incredibly repetitive and rather bland, it's Halo by ways of Borderlands and nowhere near as interesting or fun as either, which isn't saying a lot considering that both franchises are hardly amongst the best the genre has to offer.

Just curious, what would you consider to be the best of the genre?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I think it's great, I really like the game, I love how it randomly generates firefights with random people - I'm actually enjoying the story/firefight parts more than the actual multiplayer death match type mode, found that to be a bit slow paced compared to Halo even.....

Destiny looks very much like Halo to me, which is a good thing for me as a convert from the 360 and a fan of halo.

Think it's a bit harsh to fully base your opinion of the game on the alpha, albeit a very advanced looking alpha.

Just curious, what would you consider to be the best of the genre?

I understand that it's an alpha and as such is limited but with us so close to release it should serve as a good indicator of what to expect and sadly it's not that impressive.

Best of the genre, well at the minute Wolfenstein: The New Order is doing FPS better than most. But if you want to look back over the years and at the best titles in the genre you'd have titles such as Far Cry 3, Crysis, Half Life 1&2, Red Faction, Bioshock, Modern Warfare 2, System Shock 2, Quake, Doom, Mirror's Edge, Aliens vs. Predator, Metroid, Metro 2033, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Deus Ex 1-3, Heretic, Left 4 Dead, XIII, Bulletstorm and so all would be games I consider superior to either the Halo or Borderlands franchises.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I played the Destiny alpha for a couple of hours and I had a lot of fun with it, I wasn't really interested in it before, never been a fan of halo but I could see myself getting into it, I could be tempted to get it when it comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Has anyone played FF 14 on the ps4 and how big is the download for it ?

As picked up the CE of it for €3.50 on ebay and might as well give it a go.

Does anyone know if I have to download much on the ps3 when I set up my account ?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jc4517

Just picked up a ps4 today guys, unfortunately can't open it until Tuesday when I finish the leaving cert, so now it just sits there staring at me while I try to study.. To the point, to people have experienced both on this system, is there a massive difference between playing on a 720p tv and a 1080p tv?

• Advertisement

jc4517 wrote: »
    Just picked up a ps4 today guys, unfortunately can't open it until Tuesday when I finish the leaving cert, so now it just sits there staring at me while I try to study.. To the point, to people have experienced both on this system, is there a massive difference between playing on a 720p tv and a 1080p tv?

Depends on the screen size and viewing distance, and not all games are 1080p anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jc4517

Depends on the screen size and viewing distance, and not all games are 1080p anyway.

A 720p 26" screen vs a 1080p 27" screen, will there be a world of difference? I'm thinking into the future as well when all these shiny new games we've seen at e3 come out. I'd bet they'll all be running at 1080p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

1080p on a 27" is pointless unless you are sitting inches away from the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm back playing Warframe again. It's a bit of craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

anyone have a destiny alpha code or battlefield hardline code? i didnt get them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

MarkY91 wrote: »
    anyone have a destiny alpha code or battlefield hardline code? i didnt get them :(

No sorry, pretty sure the Destiny alpha is finishing tonight. Wasn't successful getting a Hardline code myself, but I hear it's going for 2 weeks, so still time yet.

I think every game since launch is running at 1080p at least all the ones I own are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Benzino wrote: »
    No sorry, pretty sure the Destiny alpha is finishing tonight. Wasn't successful getting a Hardline code myself, but I hear it's going for 2 weeks, so still time yet.

yeah my friend said the alpha is over at 2am

MarkY91 wrote: »

Pre order Destiny on Amazon now and you will get a beta key emailed to you for when it's on in July. Just cancel the order after you get the key if you don't know if you want it or not. I got my beta key last week and played the alpha too and from what I played I'm keeping the pre order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

lertsnim wrote: »
    1080p on a 27" is pointless unless you are sitting inches away from the screen.

I disagree. To me 1080p is noticeably better, whatever distance away.

So to answer your question, yes, there is a difference, but 720p isn't too shabby either :)

There's a difference but nothing like going from 576 to 720. I wouldn't go out and but a new TV straight away for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement