Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

ive a question guys. why am i seeing peoples custom avatards of football crests, ireland flags, cars etc when im not even friends with them?

im aware you can make your avatar your fb photo but you need to be firends and send a name request too. its annoying me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

MarkY91 wrote: »
    ive a question guys. why am i seeing peoples custom avatards of football crests, ireland flags, cars etc when im not even friends with them?

im aware you can make your avatar your fb photo but you need to be firends and send a name request too. its annoying me :P

You can change your avatar image to a custom image by using the playstation mobile app.

You can change your avatar image to a custom image by using the playstation mobile app.

oh really? ill be doing that now. thanks!

couldnt find that on google

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

MarkY91 wrote: »

You can do it two ways.

1. link your facebook page to your PSN account and it uses your facebook picture

2. use the playstation mobile app via the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Have one at last!
    7zXics.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. What kind of trade in would you get for FIFA 14 and assassins creed in gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Deedsie wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. What kind of trade in would you get for FIFA 14 and assassins creed in gamestop?

€25-€30 each, although a friend of mine only got €18 for Killzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

So I somehow got into the US Playstation Now beta, but alas either my connection is not good enough (would be connecting to US servers) or their servers are down at the moment. Anybody here get to try this out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Benzino wrote: »
    So I somehow got into the US Playstation Now beta, but alas either my connection is not good enough (would be connecting to US servers) or their servers are down at the moment. Anybody here get to try this out?

What's this ps now beta about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Benzino wrote: »

Yeah its IP based, you could use a vpn to fake it, personally I haven't been bothered to do it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

hallo dare wrote: »
    What's this ps now beta about?

It's a beta for the new Playstation program where you can stream games to your PS4, mostly PS3 and PSN games.
    CombatCow wrote: »
    Yeah its IP based, you could use a vpn to fake it, personally I haven't been bothered to do it yet.

That makes sense, I could mess with the DNS settings but even then the connection would be too slow to be worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Blue Estate is launching on the PS4 today, should be up on the PSN store when it updates in a few hours, it is a first-person on-rails shooter that seemingly got no hype or promotion.

Xenji wrote: »
    Blue Estate is launching on the PS4 today, should be up on the PSN store when it updates in a few hours, it is a first-person on-rails shooter that seemingly got no hype or promotion.

That must be based on the comic, been keeping my eye on it for awhile as it looks like the kind of genre book that pokes fun at everything about the cliches and has fun at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Xenji wrote: »

That must be based on the comic, been keeping my eye on it for awhile as it looks like the kind of genre book that pokes fun at everything about the cliches and has fun at the same time

Have a review copy of it myself. Will post back once I actually play it for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Otacon wrote: »
    Have a review copy of it myself. Will post back once I actually play it for a while.

Let me know how you get on with it as i just played House of the Dead overkill on the PS3 with the move and loved every bit of it and would not mind playing another rails shooter.

Also what controls does it use ?. Just the DS 4 ?.

that blue estate looks decent. how much is it guys? ill be getting off the US store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Resogun DLC is very reasonable, bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

cloud493 wrote: »
    Resogun DLC is very reasonable, bought.

Survival mode is great on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Whats included in the season pass for resogun other than this dlc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Whatever the next DLC's for it are.

Its also very good DLC, very reasonably priced, and highly recommended.

Is PSN down?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

hallo dare wrote: »
    Is PSN down?

It appears to be.
    Was fine a little while ago.

F1ngers wrote: »
    It appears to be.
    Was fine a little while ago.

Yeah, typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

CombatCow wrote: »

Now that's a nice find. Thanks for that CC!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The Resogun DLC is so damn good. I'm addicted to the game again.

Played about 10 rounds of Survival and got a best score of over 40 million. I was so damn close to getting to day 5 too :(

At first I had no idea what demolition was about but once you progress a bit in it, it's brilliant and absolutely hectic!

I just wish we had a new map.. hopefully the next dlc has some. Still feel we could do with some levels with a different colour palette to that marine blue colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Just got round to buying trials fusion was settled down ready to play it then started getting error messages and ps4 signed out , great timing Sony .. i thought it was just my ps4 though so kinda glad its a network outage , sony really need to get their **** together though now we are paying for this service

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    Just got round to buying trials fusion was settled down ready to play it then started getting error messages and ps4 signed out , great timing Sony .. i thought it was just my ps4 though so kinda glad its a network outage , sony really need to get their **** together though now we are paying for this service

Honestly a few server issues now and again isn't exactly that much of an inconvenience and I'm pretty sure that the free games more than make up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Honestly a few server issues now and again isn't exactly that much of an inconvenience and I'm pretty sure that the free games more than make up for it.

They aren't free though are they? and i dont think xbox have these outages all the time or maintenance.. not to mention the time the ps3 was down for months on end . also the silence from sony is deafening & if it wasn't for the above linked site we wouldn't know what was going on.

I rang their call centre a while back when i thought the issues were only on my machine & down to me downloading trials fusion only to hear a message saying they were closed at 7 .. surely a massive company like theirs could afford some call centre staff to work a backshift?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement