Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I think we have a right to complain in fairness. They do need to cut these out or at a minimum give good warning on the ps4 dashboard if the PSN is to go down/undergo maintenance.

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    They aren't free though are they? and i dont think xbox have these outages all the time or maintenance.. not to mention the time the ps3 was down for months on end . also the silence from sony is deafening & if it wasn't for the above linked site we wouldn't know what was going on.

I rang their call centre a while back when i thought the issues were only on my machine & down to me downloading trials fusion only to hear a message saying they were closed at 7 .. surely a massive company like theirs could afford some call centre staff to work a backshift?

So you're not paying for the online then, you are paying for the games you get. Hardly fair then to say "sony really need to get their **** together though now we are paying for this service".

Yes Xbox don't have the down time but then again Xbox owners were paying a premium for the privilege of going on-line, something Sony never charged for before the PS4. And even on the PS4 there are a number of games which can be played online without having plus. And when the online aspects of the PS3 were down for a time Sony gave away free games to users as an apology, sure it wasn't an ideal situation but at least gamers got something as way of an apology.

People always harp on about how the Xbox Network never has maintenance issues to down time but forget that for years Xbox owners had to pay to access any app or online gaming. Even now with Games for Gold it still pales in comparison to what Sony are offering.

tok9 wrote: »
    I think we have a right to complain in fairness. They do need to cut these out or at a minimum give good warning on the ps4 dashboard if the PSN is to go down/undergo maintenance.

Not saying that people don't have the right to but at the same time it's a bit disingenuous to say that we are now paying for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Was wondering why my video wouldn't upload.

Was playing Trials Fusion on a snow level and figured "Hey, I wonder if I can launch myself into that gondola car?" and I managed it after a few tries. Then it started moving, and crashed into a wall and then zoomed out to reveal a squirrel was at the controls.

Yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

F1ngers wrote: »
    It's back.

Still not for me , i wonder is it related to the fact that i was in the process of "verifying Licence" for trials fusion when it outed??

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Still not up for me.

Edit: Its back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

cloud493 wrote: »
    Whatever the next DLC's for it are.

Its also very good DLC, very reasonably priced, and highly recommended.

Have they announced what any future dlc will be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Is rayman legends worth the €30 gamestop has reduced to?

Anyone know how big the file size for The Last of Us is going to be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Anyone know how big the file size for The Last of Us is going to be?

Naughty Dog did say they were having trouble fitting all the game and dlc content at 1080p on the disc in an interview so I'd say you are looking at 50gb depending if they have found a way to compress the texture files in the mean time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

cloud493 wrote: »
    Is rayman legends worth the €30 gamestop has reduced to?

Wasint this only 17 euros on zavvi there this week ?.

I would not waste time on the ps4 rayman legends better off getting it on the vita or the wii u as the game is designed to work with touch screens. I had it on the PC and the touch screen parts pissed me off so I just it on the vita in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

At most it's going to be 50GB, might be options for only having sections installed at a time from disc or only MP/SP.

Thanks for the replies. If its going to be that big i may just get the disc instead of digital

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

For twitter updates on PSN network outages:

@isPSNdown

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭Evade

CombatCow wrote: »
    For twitter updates on PSN network outages:

@isPSNdown
    Or you could tweet (or check the tweets to) AskPlayStation.

Yeah they are not really on the ball tho, PSN was down for nearly an hour and a half before they tweeted.

Yeah they are not really on the ball tho, PSN was down for nearly an hour and a half before they tweeted.
    I think the whole point of that account is you tweet them a question like "Is PSN down?" and then they reply. Or if you don't do twitter you just check their replies to find the answer.

Sure yeah, well the other one will auto notify me when it's down so I don't have to do anything :P

Sure yeah, well the other one will auto notify me when it's down so I don't have to do anything :P
    Well, as long as the guy running the account (you?) is on the ball. Checking official sources just seems more reliable to me.

• Advertisement

yup multiple people including me, it will be updated very quickly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Right in the middle of playing the last mission in watch dogs and the ps4 spits out the CD :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Talk about a cliff hanger...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Very annoying lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know will Xtravision be selling the White Destiny PS4 Bundle... If so what will the price be? The RRP is 439euro but I see gamestop have it at 449euro just wondering where is the cheapest to get it...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Right in the middle of playing the last mission in watch dogs and the ps4 spits out the CD :mad:

Sorry had to laugh. While I can get pretty annoyed gaming there's nothing worse when something fux up that's totally not your fault. Recently I've had

B4 - losing progress in single player
    Wolfenstein - was on the final boss game crashed but when I loaded back up it put me back to level 1

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Got around to buying resogun last night. At first I didn't see what all the fuss was about.... then I looked down at my watch and it was 2am. Soooo addictive. Kinda the button-bash hack-slash equivalent of R-Types.

It's so damn good.. I need some co op help to finish off the new trophy set.

Beating the last level on Veteran with a custom ship with no attributes was not easy :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

tok9 wrote: »
    Played about 10 rounds of Survival and got a best score of over 40 million. I was so damn close to getting to day 5 too :(

Obscene score, and it mocks me every time I die.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Obscene score, and it mocks me every time I die.

That wasn't even good enough to get the trophy either. Think I'll tackle it again tonight!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement