Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I still get a bit of a fright when the controller tells me to SAVE THE HUMANS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I still get a bit of a fright when the controller tells me to SAVE THE LAST HUMANS

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Resogun DLC is absolutely mega, I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Oh, it's co-op? Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Departing with my PlayStation 4. Just wondering if someone could recommend pricing?

I have a PlayStation 4 with 2 controllers, 2 games (Fifa 14 and Battlefield 4) and the camera.

Have the receipt and all boxes packaging and manuals.

• Advertisement

Your selling it?

cloud493 wrote: »
    Your selling it?

Yeah selling it. Just don't know what to price it at so hoping for some suggestions? I was thinking around 400 for everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Thats a very fair price, i wouldnt budge on that.

Yeah around €400.

400 it is. Thanks lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The Last of Us Remastered PS4 bundle coming to Europe next month

14331958567_d990784fbd_o.0_cinema_960.0.png
    A PlayStation 4 bundle featuring the 500 GB console and the remastered edition of The Last of Us will launch in Europe next month for €429.99, according to a post on the European PlayStation blog.

The console was listed on Amazon France's website earlier this week for €429.99 (approximately $585) with a release date of July 30, 2014. We've reached out to Sony for comment and will update accordingly.

I can see this bundle selling quite well. Anyone waiting to pick this up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's coming out 1st of August for us in Ireland and the UK.

I'll be buying the game for sure.

Actually dying to replay it - on my ps3 it crashed all the time so never got a fluid game out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I just got an absolutely outrageous score of 251,085,070 in Survival! :D

Don't think I'll ever be beating that.. worse thing was I even had a spare bomb.

In Survival it's just vital that you have a shield and you save the humans as quickly as possible. Those 2 are key.

Edit: No 1 player in Ireland.. this is my proudest achievement :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

tok9 wrote: »
    Just to add... I just got an absolutely outrageous score of 251,085,070 in Survival! :D

Don't think I'll ever be beating that.. worse thing was I even had a spare bomb.

In Survival it's just vital that you have a shield and you save the humans as quickly as possible. Those 2 are key.

Edit: No 1 player in Ireland.. this is my proudest achievement :p

Ah feckin rub it in for feck sake! ☺☺☺

I've been banging on about this a bit, but if you have Resogun, and can afford the DLC, buy the DLC :D

Only one trophy left. Need to play local co op and both players must play arcade without dying.

That could be difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Might try beat that score this weekend.

llllllol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

What are your PSN usernames ? It would be nice to have a few people on the leaderboard

It's in my signature.

• Advertisement

MadManWithaBox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Anyone know what the install size of the Last of Us Remastered will be?

I'll be buying from PSN US.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

MitchKoobski is the gamertag strangely enough, becoming slightly obsessed with beating scores in Trials and Resogun.

Batesy wrote: »
    Anyone know what the install size of the Last of Us Remastered will be?

I'll be buying from PSN US.

I reckon you are looking at 50gb as Naughty Dog were taking about how their biggest challenge with TLoU on PS4 (as apposed to getting it to 1080p at 60fps which was the easy part) was trying to fit it all on one disc.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-13098-The-Last-of-Us-Remastered-Almost-Didn-t-Fit-on-a-Blu-Ray.html

The ship editor is strangely addictive. I've made a pretty cool F14 and the Feisar ship from Wipeout HD.

Also thinking of picking up BF4 for the PS4 today... Anyone have any comments on it? I bought BF3 for the PS3 and it was absolutely muck on the console so went back to playing it on PC - even on my macbook pro it played better and I could squeeze high settings out of it. Don't think I'll be so lucky with BF4 so I think I might just console it - am I right in saying they've closed the gap considerably in terms of graphics and gameplay between the PS4 and PC?

.ak wrote: »
    - am I right in saying they've closed the gap considerably in terms of graphics and gameplay between the PS4 and PC?

Yeah they closed the gap over the PS3-PC alright but it's still not even close but you can play 64 player maps on the PS4. The PC is still the way to go if you want the best looking version.

Yeah they closed the gap over the PS3-PC alright but it's still not even close but you can play 64 player maps on the PS4. The PC is still the way to go if you want the best looking version.

Yeah I'm just worried about buying it on PC and whilst BF3 ran on high settings on my macbook pro BF4 might not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

.ak wrote: »
    Also thinking of picking up BF4 for the PS4 today... Anyone have any comments on it? I bought BF3 for the PS3 and it was absolutely muck on the console so went back to playing it on PC - even on my macbook pro it played better and I could squeeze high settings out of it. Don't think I'll be so lucky with BF4 so I think I might just console it - am I right in saying they've closed the gap considerably in terms of graphics and gameplay between the PS4 and PC?

Kind of...

Its not the worst port in the world, its akin to a PC on high as opposed to Ultra from what I can see...

BF is mainly a PC game ported to consoles, when the game first came out it played okay for month or so, then got more broken as the updates came out, it is very playable at the moment though as they have taken steps to remedy any problems with the game....

If you are coming from BF3 on PS3, I recommend choosing the veteran control scheme, but keep the shoot to the R2 button and learn it, I know the PS3 version used R1 to shoot, but having a decent trigger always helps!

One thing I will say is put the network smoothing factor to 0% and high frequency set to High and you will be fine...

We have a BF forum here : http://touch.boards.ie/forum/323

Pop over if you have any questions or want to play with a few boardsies sometime...

Add me if you fancy a game : Fieldog is my PSN name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement