Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Had Bf3 on the PS3 and couldn't get into it. Bought Bf4 at Christams on a whim having been a COD fanatic for years and love it. Second game I ever platinumed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Fieldog wrote: »
    Kind of...

Its not the worst port in the world, its akin to a PC on high as opposed to Ultra from what I can see...

BF is mainly a PC game ported to consoles, when the game first came out it played okay for month or so, then got more broken as the updates came out, it is very playable at the moment though as they have taken steps to remedy any problems with the game....

If you are coming from BF3 on PS3, I recommend choosing the veteran control scheme, but keep the shoot to the R2 button and learn it, I know the PS3 version used R1 to shoot, but having a decent trigger always helps!

One thing I will say is put the network smoothing factor to 0% and high frequency set to High and you will be fine...

We have a BF forum here : http://touch.boards.ie/forum/323

Pop over if you have any questions or want to play with a few boardsies sometime...

Add me if you fancy a game : Fieldog is my PSN name

Cheers for that. Ended up getting it on PS4. It looks great in fairness, much better port than BF3 for the PS3.

Graphics look medium to high... altho not sure if it's just a single player thing but the lensflare/glare thing is way over used and everything looks oversaturated in order to keep draw distances low.

Only thing is I really miss the mouse/keyboard combo! Might look into getting one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

I downloaded some of wolfenstein last night. I thought all of it was downloaded but it turns out only 27 gig out of 51 is downloaded. I'm really scratching my head here to get the download started again. In notifications it says its complete.

Any hints? The game was playable until chapter five, now its telling me to install more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I downloaded some of wolfenstein last night. I thought all of it was downloaded but it turns out only 27 gig out of 51 is downloaded. I'm really scratching my head here to get the download started again. In notifications it says its complete.

Any hints? The game was playable until chapter five, now its telling me to install more.

delete and reinstall, I don't think it will affect your saves as their saved in a different file anyone else confirm this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    delete and reinstall, I don't think it will affect your saves as their saved in a different file anyone else confirm this?

Really strange. It's showing that 28gb has downloaded now. It must be downloading still but not showing up in the download section of the notifications. I can now progress to the next chapter too. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

They download enough to get you started, it'll keep downloading if in standby mode or playing so you can leave it if you want just make sure that instead of turning it off you use standby mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Really strange. It's showing that 28gb has downloaded now. It must be downloading still but not showing up in the download section of the notifications. I can now progress to the next chapter too. :confused:

Go to the game's screen on your PS4 menu. Press Options and select Information. It will give you the status of the download there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

In the last week I've finished watchdogs, pixeljunk shooter ultimate, and child of light, gonna tackle valiant hearts tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody else got squeaky triggers? My L2 squeaks alot like when I bearly press it down and it feels a small but harder to push down then my R2, It's not even a month old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anybody else got squeaky triggers? My L2 squeaks alot like when I bearly press it down and it feels a small but harder to push down then my R2, It's not even a month old

The DS4 has to be the worst Dualshock controller in terms of build quality and material, sony spared every expense they could with them, lucky to last a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

BordorFox wrote: »
    The DS4 has to be the worst Dualshock controller in terms of build quality and material, sony spared every expense they could with them, lucky to last a year.

It's the only fault with the ps4 imo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yup mine has squeeked since day one, Im noticing the left thumb stick is now getting alot smoother so I might bring it back in the next few weeks and swap it for a new one :)

BordorFox wrote: »

It strange because it feels great - I haven't had any issues with mine, but I am hearing a lot about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My R1 and L1 really stick, which is annoying for games like dead nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

cloud493 wrote: »
    My R1 and L1 really stick, which is annoying for games like dead nation.

Pop them off and clean the white residue underneath. Mine were sticking and I cleaned them months ago and no problems since.

There's loads of vids on YouTube showing how. I just used a butter knife to pop them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Batesy wrote: »
    Pop them off and clean the white residue underneath. Mine were sticking and I cleaned them months ago and no problems since.

There's loads of vids on YouTube showing how. I just used a butter knife to pop them off.

Might look into that - two controllers and both the L1 sticks and normally just when you really need it to behave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Or if you don't mind the smell of WD40, then give them a shot of it and save yourself the ripping!!!:D

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Yup mine has squeeked since day one, Im noticing the left thumb stick is now getting alot smoother so I might bring it back in the next few weeks and swap it for a new one :)

Would I be able to replace mine for a new one if Its the controller I got with the ps4 and I got it from argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

My L2 squeaks and gets stuck, i actually have to blow into it every 20 or so minutes, i hear a sort of pop when i do and it stops sticking, one of the analogue buttons is nearly bare plastic as well, all the grip is coming off.

hallo dare wrote: »
    Or if you don't mind the smell of WD40, then give them a shot of it and save yourself the ripping!!!:D

Is it wrong that I love the smell of WD40? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Would I be able to replace mine for a new one if Its the controller I got with the ps4 and I got it from argos?

They'd probably wouldn't just hand over a new boxed controller and would likely have to send it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I have no problem with my controllers other than the charge not being held as long and they are a lot more sturdy in comparison to previous dual shocks which I used to nearly snap in my hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

As everyone is discussing the DS4, are the face buttons meant to be really clicky? I hate the feel of them on both my controllers compared to the DS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm sure this has been posted a hundred times, but these things are great if you're analogue sticks are wearing.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ORB-Controller-Thumb-Grips-4-Pack/dp/B00GH7UA32/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404215201&sr=8-1&keywords=orb+ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

martyos121 wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been posted a hundred times, but these things are great if you're analogue sticks are wearing.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ORB-Controller-Thumb-Grips-4-Pack/dp/B00GH7UA32/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404215201&sr=8-1&keywords=orb+ps4

Got these myself! Cannot recommend them highly enough. I also use my DS4 for PC gaming and never had a prob with them although the ones with lots of raised dots are much more secure then the four dotted ones on the sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Got these myself! Cannot recommend them highly enough. I also use my DS4 for PC gaming and never had a prob with them although the ones with lots of raised dots are much more secure then the four dotted ones on the sticks.

Yeah I can't manage the concave grips at all. They make it so you can't push the sticks all the way in any direction. The dotted grips are outstanding though, a must buy for every DS4 owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Yeah I can't manage the concave grips at all. They make it so you can't push the sticks all the way in any direction. The dotted grips are outstanding though, a must buy for every DS4 owner.

Really I have no issue with the grips as standard.

I'm the opposite. I have a pair of concave covers and dotted grip convex on my other pad and I much prefer concave ones ... must just be the way I use my controller.

Anybody know where I could pick up AC IV for cheapish in Cork, can get it for €35 in Cex but anyone know anywhere cheaper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Try adverts.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement