Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whv expiry question

Options
  • 14-12-2013 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

My whv visa was granted 7th of jan 13, due to reasons at home I got delayed and couldn't leave until now.

I just want to double check I have this right, once I'm in Oz by the 7th of jan 14 it's fine?

I want to fly out Jan 3rd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

You've a year to arrive from date of grant, and a year to stay from date of activation (according to a quick google of FAQs for visa agents).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

You have to be here by Jan 6th. Jan 7 2014 would put you at 1 year and 1 day.

It's the same if you land on Jan 6th 2014. You're visa will be valid until Jan 5th 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

Thanks guys I was thinking as much, I'm flying out the 3rd and landing on the 4th........Talk about leaving it until the last minute! lol.

Advertisement