Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to ban rickshaws

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

It's only a matter of time until there is a serious, perhaps fatal accident with these 3rd world contraptions. Ban them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

JupiterKid wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time until there is a serious, perhaps fatal accident with these 3rd world contraptions. Ban them.

They'll be gone in a few months. They add nothing positive to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,006 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

JupiterKid wrote: »

Should we ban all contraptions that result in fatal accidents? Like the cars and trucks that will kill 3 or 4 people on the road this week?

Should we ban all contraptions that result in fatal accidents? Like the cars and trucks that will kill 3 or 4 people on the road this week?

People need cars. No one needs rickshaws

• Registered Users Posts: 29,006 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Cienciano wrote: »
    People need cars. No one needs rickshaws

I guess the people who pay for the service might think different

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

http://www.thejournal.ie/rickshaw-regulation-questionaire-3523590-Aug2017/

Government study asks people if rickshaws should be regulated

The National Transport Authority wants responses from rickshaw drivers and passengers.

gizmo81 wrote: »
    http://www.thejournal.ie/rickshaw-regulation-questionaire-3523590-Aug2017/

Government study asks people if rickshaws should be regulated

The National Transport Authority wants responses from rickshaw drivers and passengers.

Cool, I've done my bit to get them banned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

I had 3 racing on dame st the other night coming down the wrong side of the road... Very regular occurrence.

They really want to destroy there own living with the way they behave.

If they acted like responsible people instead of idiots with no regard for traffic rules, they may have had a chance to stay.

One raced past me on the foot path and pulled right out in front of me last weekend. I had to jam on to avoid him. Driving a double decker bus.

Good riddance to them.

Its coming .. Hopefully....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Cienciano wrote: »
    Cool, I've done my bit to get them banned

Me too. I've responded that they should ideally be banned, but if not there should at the very least be a heavily-enforced zero tolerance policy for rickshaws on footpaths/pedestrian streets.

Advertisement