Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 17 transfers

• 14-12-2013 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭

With Aguero now out injured, more than likely until January, some people must be considering giving him the boot.. I can sell him for 12.2 and buy him back for 12.5 as it stands so not a massive loss to me if I go ahead with it. Rooney sounding appealing with RVP confirmed out for the next month or so.

Koscielny out also may leave some people in a bit of a mess.

I'll likely bring in Silva or Yaya this week for Navas. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I can see myself bringing in Rooney this week for Kun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Aguero out (depending on the severity of his injury), Lukaku in and one of my backup midfielders upgraded to Yaya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sell Aguero at 11.8 and will cost 12 or so to get back assuming he drops a bit..

Negredo or Rooney are the options for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Already done Aguero to Rooney. Rooney likely to benefit the most from the Aguero injury, so I'll hopefully be able to bring Aguero back in in January.

Also might take a hit to upgrade my midfield. Have 3.3 in the bank, and took a gamble last week on Schurrle at 7.1. Might get him out for Yaya or Silva. Decisions, decisions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

FFS Augerio could be back next week. no point knee jerking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

FFS Augerio could be back next week. no point knee jerking.

@henrywinter: Pellegrini: "Aguero has a calf (injury). The doctor will see tomorrow how many weeks he will be out'' #mcfc

Doesn't sound like he'll be back next week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm looking at a hit tbh. Terry to Chester or someone cheap. Aguero to Rooney.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm looking at a hit tbh. Terry to Chester or someone cheap. Aguero to Rooney.

What about Negredo? cert for 90ins now for sure. I am considering him but Rooney looks the choice given his fixtures and set piece plus penalty kicks.

dahat wrote: »
    What about Negredo? cert for 90ins now for sure. I am considering him but Rooney looks the choice given his fixtures and set piece plus penalty kicks.

Negredo is in my head as well but I want to get Aguero back in so Rooney means the temptation won't be there to spend the cash elsewhere.

My hope, however thin, is that Aguero won't be gone too long.

Negredo is in my head as well but I want to get Aguero back in so Rooney means the temptation won't be there to spend the cash elsewhere.

My hope, however thin, is that Aguero won't be gone too long.

Even 2 weeks is too much at this time of year. I like yourself have him a while so it will be costly to get him back.

Sell at 11.8 buy back at current 12.5 is a big difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Yeah I'd get 11.8 selling him as well, will see how bad it is but if it's only a few weeks I reckon I'll just bench him.

Even 2 weeks is too much at this time of year. I like yourself have him a while so it will be costly to get him back.

Sell at 11.8 buy back at current 12.5 is a big difference.

The problem with Negredo is that Jovetic is back now. I hope Sergio is either just gone for a week or else gone for two months or so.

The problem with Negredo is that Jovetic is back now. I hope Sergio is either just gone for a week or else gone for two months or so.

4 weeks would be spot on, sell and buy back with the Jan WC.

I'll definitely go for Rooney if it is a month. I can see Dzeko, Negredo and Jovetic sharing gametime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Fcuk, will be taking a massive price loss on Aguero if I got rid so I won't be doing so unless he's ruled out for more than 3 GWs.

Aside from that JT is getting the boot. Unforgivable not keeping a cleanie vs Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Terry definitely going, have two transfers this week, so thinking Cabaye or Mirallas, which one is better option do yee think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Who is everybody replacing Terry with? I'm thinking either Turner or Williamson.

G1032 wrote: »
    Who is everybody replacing Terry with? I'm thinking either Turner or Williamson.

probably stupid but going to get united cover probably vidic :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Raf32 wrote: »
    probably stupid but going to get united cover probably vidic :o

Go for Evans or Jones if you do go United, Vidic will not play every game. Especially over the busy xmas period.

Go for Evans or Jones if you do go United, Vidic will not play every game. Especially over the busy xmas period.

thats what im worried about with all their backs, want to go rafael because he is an attacking threat but dont even know if he will play

• Advertisement

Olsson of Norwich now looking the most likely repelcement for JT, i like his fixtures more than Chester just now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Thought I was nearly set for xmas, but Aguero, Koscielny and Bannan have screwed my plans to get rid of Terry and Brady. I'll just have to wait for injury news to prioritise. Patience this week

Olsson of Norwich now looking the most likely repelcement for JT, i like his fixtures more than Chester just now.

Hull are playing 3-5-2 as well. 3 at the back isn't good for clean sheets IMO.

Hull are playing 3-5-2 as well. 3 at the back isn't good for clean sheets IMO.

Chester still remains a go to guy to save money but i would be more confident of getting returns from Olsson.

When it looks like a hit will be needed this week,Terry and Kun, i want to get best possible return from it rather than a free up funds move like the Chester transfer was.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Gerrard out for Walcott or Silva?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

No worries of Aguero falling in price at the moment. Going to wait and see how bad the injury is.

Now the decision between Negredo and Rooney. Likely the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Major surgery needed, this is my team at the moment:
    29dv02e.jpg

0.1 in the bank. I'm thinking..

Ivanovic out for Mertesacker
    Dawson out for Chester
    Aguero out for Rooney
    Remy out for Lukaku

Would be -12 hit with 2.1 in the bank.

Any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

With Aguero's injury and the Jan wildcard on the horizon I'm gonna shake things up.
    Chamakh bandwagon might start and coupled with an Aguero fall, I might break even or better for a switch back to Kun for the Wildcard.

Hoping for a Merry Midfield Christmas

It'd more than likely result in a 3-5-2

Coleman - Zab - Mert
    Walcott - Oscar - Ozil - Silva - Pauly
    Suarez - Lukaku

Bench: Collins, Clyne, Chamakh

No way I can absorb the price difference in selling Aguero (11.8 for sp)

Hope in injury isn't serious 'cause I won't be able to buy him back.

Tonight it'll be Terry out. Just can't decide on whether Turner or Williamson will replace him. I'm leaning towards Williamson right now with a view to bringing in Turner in a couple of weeks.

Edit: Going to bring in Turner. I'll bench him next week and hope that Moxey is back to cover for him.

Edit 2: Done. Terry gone and good riddance to him. Turner in. 4m in the bank. Now what to do about Aguero. Ronney in will be the only other transfer in this week depending on Aguero's injury. Next week it'll be Silva or Yaya in for Lallana

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Martinez on Deulofeu:
    "He pulled his hamstring. We don't know how big the tear is but we expect him to be out for a little bit of time."

I'm looking at you Mirallas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Im thinking either Brown or Bardsley in for Koscienly. Any advice on who to pick? Not much difference between the two

Sunderland have decent fixtures coming up and they seem to be keeping a few clean sheets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

thunderdog wrote: »
    Im thinking either Brown or Bardsley in for Koscienly. Any advice on who to pick? Not much difference between the two

Sunderland have decent fixtures coming up and they seem to be keeping a few clean sheets

Bardsley has far more potential for goals, although knowing him they could come at either end of the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Paully D wrote: »
    Bardsley has far more potential for goals, although knowing him they could come at either end of the pitch.

Yeah you're right there. I'll keep an eye on their prices over the week although I dont think they will change too soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Already contemplating a 12 point hit for next week pending Aguero injury news:

Koscielny --> Ben Turner
    Ozil --> Walcott
    Sessegnon --> Silva
    Aguero --> Rooney

Would give me a front 7 of

Walcott Silva Ramsey Hazard
    Rooney Lukaku Suarez

It's mightily tempting because if I don't do it this week, I won't be able to afford the inevitable Silva and Walcott price rises and they're two players I really want in my team for Christmas and probably the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

I can't close the gap in my money league.. 50 points behind. My team is:

Howard Harper
    Terry Kos Santon Shaw Chester
    Yaya Ramsey Hazard Redmond Morrison
    Aguero Suarez Lukaka

My money league rivals also have Howard, Aguero, Suarez, Lukaka, Yaya, Ramsey, Hazard and Morrison. I'm finding it really hard to differentiate.

Thinking terry and Kos out.
    Looking at Walcott in for Ramsey and thinking of Rooney.
    Coleman is killing - they are cleaning up with him. Is he essential?
    Anyone see anything else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Steve Clarke sacked as WBA manager,wonder how that'll affect morale at the club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Have enough to go Brady -> Walcott/Silva. Cannot decide between them both. Thoughts anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

zarquon wrote: »
    Have enough to go Brady -> Walcott/Silva. Cannot decide between them both. Thoughts anyone?
    Walcott every day of the week, he will score more goals than Silva.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Tempted to do an up grade of either Bannan or Bacuna to Shelvey. Would give me a midfeild of Nasri, Bannan/Bacuna, Hazard, Ramsey, and Shelvey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

If Aguero is out for a while I can see an awful lot of people havering Suarez, Aguero and Rooney up front for Xmas. I'd hoped having Aguero, Suarez and Rooney would be a bit of a combined differential for me, but now I'd have to look back to Lukaku myself.

Problem is Aguero SP for me is 11.8 so unless he drops like hell it would be tight going to buy him back for up to 0.7 extra...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    If Aguero is out for a while I can see an awful lot of people havering Suarez, Aguero and Rooney up front for Xmas. I'd hoped having Aguero, Suarez and Rooney would be a bit of a combined differential for me, but now I'd have to look back to Lukaku myself.

Problem is Aguero SP for me is 11.8 so unless he drops like hell it would be tight going to buy him back for up to 0.7 extra...
    Yeah I'd worked hard rejigging my team get that trio up top. Did not switch rooney to lukaku last week cos of a one week ban . started to downgrade defence and upgrade midfield instead. It was all going so well......so basically tomorrow could define my season. I've slowly got back into contention. Noone really has Rooney. I've him captained. Everyone will have him next week ......GO MAD (still hate him though ) :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gunslinger99

I think a lot of people, myself included will be in that boat. Would hope to find an differential to Lukaku , any ideasv?

If Aguero is out for a month or so it could really knock his run of golden form out of its stride. Could take him a good while to get back to the sort of essential points every week FPL must have he was this morning.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I think a lot of people, myself included will be in that boat. Would hope to find an differential to Lukaku , any ideasv?
    Negredo ..........or Berbatov :D

Yeah, I don't trust him. The other option would be to get Walcott as a sort of third striker cheaper real third striker and try to get 4 other top mids from the likes of like silva, hazard, Ramsey, Yaya, with the likes of paulinho, Mirallas Fer as no 5 and play 352

Sergio Aguero ‏@aguerosergiokun 57m
    Thanks for all the support. I’ll get checked to determine the severity of the injury but don’t think I’ll waver.

Sergio Aguero ‏@aguerosergiokun 57m
    My regret is not to be able to help my team-mates inside the field but until I’m better I’ll support them from the sidelines!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't trust him. The other option would be to get Walcott as a sort of third striker cheaper real third striker and try to get 4 other top mids from the likes of like silva, hazard, Ramsey, Yaya, with the likes of paulinho, Mirallas Fer as no 5 and play 352

I've pulled the trigger.

Aguero -> Chamakh :):)

The 7 odd million has been invested wisely I feel. I've brought in Silva &
    Walcott.

Been floating around 380k for a few weeks now, I've shat and gotten off the pot ;)

In midfield I trust, I'll be going 3-5-2

Ozil Oscar Walcott Silva Paulinho
    Suarez Lukaka

As a United fan, I'm in an awful position of hoping Rooney doesn't go wild.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I don't see why people don't trust Lukaku... in the last 5 games he's got 34 points, pretty consistent if you ask me.

I don't see why people don't trust Lukaku... in the last 5 games he's got 34 points, pretty consistent if you ask me.

Not too often you put your shirt on him as a captain choice.

Today was his third jammy assist in a row. That can't continue forever.

Plus Everton are scoring freely in some matches like today yet he's not exactly pulling in large scores.

4 team goals today and just an assist to his name. 4 team goals two weeks ago against Stoke and just a goal to his name.

• Advertisement
Advertisement