Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 17 transfers

14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Have lost patience with Giroud and swopped him for Negredo.

With the enforced swap of Kolarov for Zabaleta that makes a four point hit I wanted to avoid. Hopefully City will finally find some away form against freefalling Fulham.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Made two transfers this week. Took a four point hit for the first time in a loooooooong time because I have lost faith in my back line. :D

Brought in Sterling for Ward-Prowse and Negredo for Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

iroced wrote: »
    That'll be "great" news if Westwood was going for surgery. You have me very much interested in this keeper combination. I had a look a their great fixtures pairing for the next 6-8 games but did not go as far as the next 14 GWs :eek: !!!!!! By the look of it making at least 10 CS out of these 14 games does not seem completly unrealistic. Of course it looks almost too good to be true...

yeah i originally was just looking at the xmas/new years fixtures and liked how they rotated, it was only then when i looked a bit more into it i seen how long their combined great run of fixtures continued. at 4.6 and 4.2 i think they're fantastic value. of course it remains to be seen what becomes of cardiff now, who will come in as manager assuming that mackay is going to be forced out.

From what i gather, even if westwood isn't going for surgery, it's kind of mannone's spot to lose now as he's done nothing wrong while covering. I already had marshall and lewis (both cardiff) as my keepers and with them up against liverpool and suarez tomorrow i think i was looking at 1 point maximum from marshall while Mannone is at home to norwich with a realsitic chance of a cs so figured if i make the transfer now i might recoup the 4 point loss.

I looked at the 14 fixtures and said, a return of 8, even 9 cs's might not be unrealistic but as you say it looks a little too good to be true.
    but with none of the big clubs water tight at the moment I'm going ahead with it for now, if it's not giving decent returns i'll abandon it with the jan wild card but if i'm getting a few cs's i might stick it out for the 14 or so fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

my current team is:
    Mannone, Marshall
    Coleman, Chester, Evra, Whittaker, Kolarov
    Ramsey, Yaya, Sterling, Januzaj, Hazard
    Remy, Suarez (C), Lukaku

My wildcard is active, any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I think you should Ozil in there.

Already the assist king in the EPL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Made two transfers this week. Took a four point hit for the first time in a loooooooong time because I have lost faith in my back line. :D

Brought in Sterling for Ward-Prowse and Negredo for Aguero.

Lost faith in your backline, so bring in a midfielder and a striker!

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

skippy15 wrote: »
    Love making transfers early in the week this year, and sitting back as everyone panics second guesses and changes captain. Hasn't caught me much this year so far but helps thinking clearly

I agree, prices change for people you want to buy as the week goes on too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Look at Negredo, he's gone up .3 this week. Glad i took the jump early.
    My team value is finally over 110 for the 1st time this season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Rikand wrote: »
    Lost faith in your backline, so bring in a midfielder and a striker!

:cool:

:D

Well, just for this week. I have a pretty solid backline. And they've been unfortunate. McAuley hasn't been nearly as solid as I expected. Demel got subbed off last week, injured, at 57 minutes. He plays Man U this week, so no cleanie. Coleman and Williams play each other. And then there's Fonte, playing a Tottenham side who are gonna have to be out for blood.

So, instead of getting in a new defender, I went with Sterling, who I believe will have to do something in what's bound to be an absolute goal-fest, and then I kinda had to transfer out Aguero, so that forced my hand--otherwise I'd have made a sub with one of my defenders.

And there you have it. My motivation. :o:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Hogey007 wrote: »
    yeah i originally was just looking at the xmas/new years fixtures and liked how they rotated, it was only then when i looked a bit more into it i seen how long their combined great run of fixtures continued. at 4.6 and 4.2 i think they're fantastic value. of course it remains to be seen what becomes of cardiff now, who will come in as manager assuming that mackay is going to be forced out.

From what i gather, even if westwood isn't going for surgery, it's kind of mannone's spot to lose now as he's done nothing wrong while covering. I already had marshall and lewis (both cardiff) as my keepers and with them up against liverpool and suarez tomorrow i think i was looking at 1 point maximum from marshall while Mannone is at home to norwich with a realsitic chance of a cs so figured if i make the transfer now i might recoup the 4 point loss.

I looked at the 14 fixtures and said, a return of 8, even 9 cs's might not be unrealistic but as you say it looks a little too good to be true.
    but with none of the big clubs water tight at the moment I'm going ahead with it for now, if it's not giving decent returns i'll abandon it with the jan wild card but if i'm getting a few cs's i might stick it out for the 14 or so fixtures.

I was looking at a way of getting Hazard in a couple of GWs ago. To do so I needed to downgrade part of my defense and main keeper (Mig) whom were not justifying their price lately. I spotted Mannone good run and perfect combination (for the Christmas period at first) with Marshall (whom I got in for Boruc in the first place because of his good combination with Mignolet). Now with Chelsea tough enough run, Aguero injury, doubts around Rooney, Mignolet giving better returns and having tasty fixtures, my short term plans have slightly changed but I'm keeping your post somewhere in my head (especially now that you mentionned that Mannone could well stay first choice even if Westwood is back).
    Having such a cheap keepers combination (I mean I got Marshall at £4.5m so with Mannone at £4.2m that must be a record £8.7m good GK pairing in the history of the game (?)) with such appealing fixtures should allow strenghtening the team elsewhere without losing out on the "big" keepers names.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It's late in the day and after the sensible transfer of Aguero -> Lukaku I can't stand playing things straight any longer.

It's either Henderson or Sterling in for Ramsey at -4! Decisions, decisions :D

quot+In+the+middle+of+porking+her+lol+get+it+_cd46bdc2da26d1510e5f54d16d8b13e5.gif

It's late in the day and after the sensible transfer of Aguero -> Lukaku I can't stand playing things straight any longer.

quot+In+the+middle+of+porking+her+lol+get+it+_cd46bdc2da26d1510e5f54d16d8b13e5.gif

For Ramsey!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Peligrini says Hart starting tomorrow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

That transfer makes no sense Prodston. No sense at all.

Like, absolutely none.

carraig2 wrote: »
    For Ramsey!:eek:
    Danger781 wrote: »

Like, absolutely none.

I may have got caught up in the moment there alright :pac: Ramsey to Mirallas next week makes more sense. So Ravel to one of the Liverpool mids could work. I can actually afford Coutinho....interesting

I may have got caught up in the moment there alright :pac: Ramsey to Mirallas next week makes more sense. So Ravel to one of the Liverpool mids could work. I can actually afford Coutinho....interesting

Don't bother with Henderson. He got points last week but f**k all for weeks before it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'd do Vlaar to Gabidon this week (Home to Newcastle) and Vidic to Mert next week as Arsenal have sweet fixtures after Chelsea.

Cheers. Have Ward already so didn't want to double up on Crystal Palace defenders. Brought in Brown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

RossieMan wrote: »
    With a team like that since gameweek 5 you must be way down the standings! you've missed the Saurez train by months, instead of weeks!

Damn right I'm way down the rankings! Was down to 2.2millionth place when I logged in last week! Jumped up to just outside 1.9m with a good return last week. Gonna be ambitious and aim for top 500k by the end of the year. Still have both wild cards, so I think that's do able, especially as people start to lose interest later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Danger781 wrote: »

Like, absolutely none.

Henderson is playing really well atm but he's not consistent enough for FF. i'd bring in Cabaye if he was looking for a differential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

You are either a maniac, or a genius. Time will tell.
    Please, bring Henederson, so we can either laugh at you for longer (from 12:45 until Monday evening) or praise your genius for few minutes (just few minutes on Monday night).
    Do it, please:D

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    Please, bring Henederson, so we can either laugh at you for longer (from 12:45 until Monday evening) or praise your genius for few minutes (just few minutes on Monday night).

Strongly suspect Mr Prodson is a genius

swoody wrote: »
    Henderson is playing really well atm but he's not consistent enough for FF. i'd bring in Cabaye if he was looking for a differential.

Not consistent is an (let me have a look at the vocabulary - can't find the word:confused:) under/overstatement. He is not existent enough to be considered FF player imo. Let's see how this bandwagon ends:D

Euphemism, euphemism is the word!!! Henderson not consistent is an euphemism!!!:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Do we expect kompany to start tomorrow?

I decided to do nothing in the end and compose the matchday thread instead :pac:

If I wake up in the morning and it still looks like a good idea then all aboard the love train :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Had two free transfers.

Shipped out Kun for Rooney & Boruc for Mig. Took a 4 point hit and got rid of Zab for Coleman. Now ith Rooney injured I'm thinking of taking another hit to replace him, thinking about Welbeck? Worth it or just leave Rooney on the team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

HighClass wrote: »
    Had two free transfers.

Shipped out Kun for Rooney & Boruc for Mig. Took a 4 point hit and got rid of Zab for Coleman. Now ith Rooney injured I'm thinking of taking another hit to replace him, thinking about Welbeck? Worth it or just leave Rooney on the team?

I don't trust Moyes. Im keeping Rooney in my team can't see him being a sub if injured so I reckon he'll either start or won't be in the squad. But I wouldn't like to be second guessing Moyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

HighClass wrote: »
    Had two free transfers.

Definitely leave Rooney in.
    Absolutely, definitely do not bring in Welbeck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Rooney shoud start or won't feature

Leave him in the squad and have a nice first sub

Terry is sub 1 this week which feels weird then again they're keeping f all cs's lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Fully expecting a disaster this weekend. So many injuries. I'm on my honeymoon though so haven't really been paying attention this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mjp

Just see that there's a 2nd wildcard coming in from 1st January. Does that mean u loose your 1st wildcard after the 1st or can u keep both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

mjp wrote: »
    Just see that there's a 2nd wildcard coming in from 1st January. Does that mean u loose your 1st wildcard after the 1st or can u keep both

You keep both. Second 1 has a limited if game weeks though. I think you can basically only use it in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I'm not expecting t much this week myself and I think everyone is in a similar enough boat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Reckon we will find out if Rooney is fit before 11.30?

Reckon we will find out if Rooney is fit before 11.30?

Wouldn't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Transferred out Aguero & Lampard for Negredo & Silva :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Wouldn't think so.

If it was fergie I would fully expect him to play but moyes seems to tell the truth :(

Saying that he did say he was confidant Rooney would play

If it was fergie I would fully expect him to play but moyes seems to tell the truth :(

Saying that he did say he was confidant Rooney would play

Tweet reported in the matchday thread says he's not in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Brought Coutinho in for Paulinho

wonski wrote: »

I got Coutinho :(

Apologies are in order now - was wrong about Henderson. Another bandwagon i missed this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

garra wrote: »
    Delofeu and Ozil out, Sterling & Lukaku in. Here's hoping Sterling stays in ahead of Moses and Everton make the most of their xmas fixtures

Sterling could fill his boots in the 2nd half, he is starting to develop into the kind of attacking that Pool hoped he would, only 19 too :eek:
    Here's hoping Lukaku shows similar ambition, in a score draw of course

Advertisement