Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 17 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

PARlance wrote: »
    I've pulled the trigger.

Aguero -> Chamakh :):)

The 7 odd million has been invested wisely I feel. I've brought in Silva &
    Walcott.

Been floating around 380k for a few weeks now, I've shat and gotten off the pot ;)

In midfield I trust, I'll be going 3-5-2

Ozil Oscar Walcott Silva Paulinho
    Suarez Lukaka

As a United fan, I'm in an awful position of hoping Rooney doesn't go wild.

Have to say I like your style!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »
    Today was his third jammy assist in a row. That can't continue forever.

Plus Everton are scoring freely in some matches like today yet he's not exactly pulling in large scores.

4 team goals today and just an assist to his name. 4 team goals two weeks ago against Stoke and just a goal to his name.
    I'd like to think these jammy assists are just tiding him by while he experiences an uncharacteristic goal drought. You'd expect that both the crazy assists and the drought will stop sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

The only reason I didn't get rid of Terry this week was they played Crystal Palace at home. And it was also the reason Shawcross (9 points) landed on bench as the first defender (with Mert behind him with 5)...
    That's it. Terry out - Zabaleta in.
    Zabaleta was excellent tonight, even if they conceded 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Done Aguero to Lukaku, he's going up tonight so had to act quick. Will be getting in Rooney for that waster Remy after tomorrow's game then possibly Ivanovic out for Mert. All for a -8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

Dam Aguero- was perfectly set up.

Might go for a small hit to a crazy heavy top 5- (just pity would be 3 arsenal)
    Hazard Ramsay Ozil Silva Walcott
    Suarez Rooney

Fck it, one piece of advice I recall reading somewhere when researching this whole FPL carry on was not to go for players solely because they were differentials.

Much as I'd like to step out from the crowd and come up with a genius alternative to Lukaku to replace Aguero when you look at his fixtures, Evertons form and the fact that if he does hit a hat trick you'd be left well behind by almost 1m people I don't see much choice.

Looks like Aguero going to be out a while from the early indications. May do Aguero to Lukaku and Brady to Walcott and forget about it.

Normally you'd hold off on Walcott when he has Chelsea next but their defence is so bad he could fill his boots in that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If I decide on Mirallas in midfield I may look for a differential up front, add a bit of extra spice and all things nice for the festive period. Figuring out who won't be a lump of coal could be a different matter altogether :pac:

On my watchlist are Soldado, Benteke, Odemwingie are but a few. I won't rush anything this week despite potential for a few hits. Tomorrow and the league cup need to play out first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Is any one not thinking about Dzeko,he can score goals and will get the start now,a lot cheaper than aguero, thinking him and Silva in for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

If I decide on Mirallas in midfield I may look for a differential up front, add a bit of extra spice and all things nice for the festive period. Figuring out who won't be a lump of coal could be a different matter altogether :pac:

On my watchlist are Soldado, Benteke, Odemwingie are but a few. I won't rush anything this week despite potential for a few hits. Tomorrow and the league cup need to play out first

Are you saying you don't have Mirallas yet, you've been touting him for a few weeks. I'm gutted I got rid of him a couple of weeks ago, I just felt that Delefou was going to half his gametime, now I'm going to have to bring him back in although I'm also considering Pienaar as a slightly cheaper option with quite similar potential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is any one not thinking about Dzeko,he can score goals and will get the start now,a lot cheaper than aguero, thinking him and Silva in for me.

City have three top strikers to rotate. Jovetic has barely even featured so he'll get some games now. He cost 22 million so has to be given his chance.

Aguero for me was the one clearly ahead of the other three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I had left money for my transfer this week to be Nasri to Silva. But then I thought he picked up his 4th yellow card so I began thinking of getting in Yaya instead. He'll be on penos while Aguero is out and he seems to score free kicks for fun. Never gets injured and rarely subbed. But has only scored once from open play this season.

However I then noticed Silva only has 3 yellows which has now left me with a tough decision. He'll assist more and should score more from open play. Has a very low ownership too.

Aguero to Rooney anyways if he's out.

EDIT: Forgot Silva got a yellow in the league cup against Newcastle. So one more and it's a suspension.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

Absolute disaster yesterday lads and with my team looking like this for next weekend (3 subs injured and Brady not starting) the Jan wildcard can't come soon enough!

Anyone care to guide me in the right direction? Obviously there are problems, but I haven't a clue in what order to sort them out. My GW17 transfers anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Is there any word on Koscielny? Was perfectly set up for Xmas but now that's been screwed over with him and Aguero hurt.

Thinking of replacing Kos with Vermaelen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

What's with everyone downgrading their entire back line to cheap as chips defenders?
    The top three defenders in the game cost 6.0m each and if you have all three, the least you will have gotten is 72 points. That's a pretty decent points per £ spent.
    With the exception of Ramsey (from early on) there isn't value like that in the Midfielders/Forwards selection as far as I can see, especially when you are forced to pick at least 3 defenders every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Is Dzeko worth considering with Aguero out?

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Is there any word on Koscielny? Was perfectly set up for Xmas but now that's been screwed over with him and Aguero hurt.

Thinking of replacing Kos with Vermaelen.

Wenger said he'd be out for a while. which sounds like a few weeks. Even 2 weeks is 4 games this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Did Aguero to Rooney yesterday, and now:

Ivanovic -> Shaw
    Schurrle -> Yaya Toure
    Brady -> Mirallas

Leaves me with:

Mignolet, Gazzinga
    Coleman, Sagna, Zabaleta, Shaw, Chester
    Walcott, Ramsey, Yaya Toure, Mirallas, Morrison
    Suarez, Rooney, Lukaku

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

loveBBhate wrote: »
    Absolute disaster yesterday lads and with my team looking like this for next weekend (3 subs injured and Brady not starting) the Jan wildcard can't come soon enough!

Anyone care to guide me in the right direction? Obviously there are problems, but I haven't a clue in what order to sort them out. My GW17 transfers anyone?

Anyone? :( Going for the desperate approach here, I'd take FHFC's 4 year olds advice at this stage :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

Anyone? :( Going for the desperate approach here, I'd take FHFC's 4 year olds advice at this stage :)
    Vlaar may be back by then. I would DEFINITELY get rid of Brady immediately. If you are selling aguero use the funds to upgrade him to a premium midfielder. I'd also look to sell Ivanovich as soon as possible and then possibly upgrade Morrison as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Just transfered Ozil out for Walcott - have had Ozil since he arrived so was a touch call but I think Walcott will score similarly and it frees up a million in cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Change your goalkeepers, to ones that play 90mins and keep clean sheets. Drop Ivanovic, Brady, the Southampton players (you need the right ones ie Llalana, Rodriguez), Vlaar, Morrison. There are much better options from teams like Everton, Newcastle, CP, Norwich.

Your strike force is fine, I would hang on to Aguero myself.

What's with everyone downgrading their entire back line to cheap as chips defenders?
    The top three defenders in the game cost 6.0m each and if you have all three, the least you will have gotten is 72 points. That's a pretty decent points per £ spent.
    With the exception of Ramsey (from early on) there isn't value like that in the Midfielders/Forwards selection as far as I can see, especially when you are forced to pick at least 3 defenders every week.

Mainly because cheaper teams were keeping clean sheets while the bigger teams weren't. It's no different than dropping an expensive attacker and replacing with a cheaper one that's in form. I started off with Terry, Coleman and Zabaleta as my main defenders. I ditched all 3 and switched to cheaper defenders and the points continued through clean sheets. Got Coleman back last week. Downgrading my defenders allowed me to get Aguero, Ozil and Hazard in.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Are you saying you don't have Mirallas yet, you've been touting him for a few weeks. I'm gutted I got rid of him a couple of weeks ago, I just felt that Delefou was going to half his gametime, now I'm going to have to bring him back in although I'm also considering Pienaar as a slightly cheaper option with quite similar potential.

Nope I haven't gotten around to it yet, other things have kept taking priority plus Everton's fixtures "seemed" tough until now. Plus the whole Deulefeu thing but if he's injured now it's more viable maybe.

I haven't got a notion what I'm going to do yet.

Nah, she was wrong about Aguero, hasn't a clue.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Just have enough money to do
    Kos,Terry,Morrison and Aguero out and
    Olsson, Rafael, Mirallas and Rooney in
    tempted to do it now

Raf32 wrote: »
    Just have enough money to do
    Kos,Terry,Morrison and Aguero out and
    Olsson, Rafael, Mirallas and Rooney in
    tempted to do it now

Wait until after today's games at least. Nine of those players will rise before 2am tonight.

Olsson, Rafael and Rooney are playing games they could get injured in or suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Is there any news on Aguero's injury yet?

Any love for Stephen Ireland? Only 4.6..

Villa, Newcastle and Spurs next 3 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Danger781 wrote: »
    So, since Cahill went off and made sure he wouldn't start against CP..

A 4 point hit was necessary. Cahill OUT, Jonny Evans IN

United have great fixtures over Christmas :)
    FHFC wrote: »
    Last defence I'd be getting tbh.

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

BNMC wrote: »
    Any love for Stephen Ireland? Only 4.6..

Villa, Newcastle and Spurs next 3 games.

Don't think he can play against Villa (on loan)

Not a bad shout, he's on my watch list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hard to know which of these is the better option. It comes down to Rooney and Ramsey vs. Ozil and Negredo.

A.

cxWViG2.jpg

B.

BaU9zrz.jpg

Danger781 wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D

Was thinking about you all right! That's what's called reverse jinxing, and you're welcome. Unlike Mr P bigging up Rooney all week!! :mad: ;)

Edit. Sorry, think it was lemlin predicting Rooney to clean up.

PARlance wrote: »
    Don't think he can play against Villa (on loan)

Not a bad shout, he's on my watch list
    Jesus yeah, never thought of that. I nearly pulled the trigger earlier. :pac:

I'm now thinking Negredo will be my Aguero replacement, not Rooney.

Rooney played very deep today and it appears Wellbeck has done enough to earn himself a start in the next few matches.

Lallana - > Walcott
    Aguero - > ???

I'm looking at Rooney, but I can see that being quite the norm. Can Welbeck carry on this form while RVP is out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Hard to know which of these is the better option. It comes down to Rooney and Ramsey vs. Ozil and Negredo.

A.

cxWViG2.jpg

B.

BaU9zrz.jpg

I prefer A personally.

Ramsey is great and all, but a combo of Walcott and Ozil should surely outscore the other combo.

Based on todays United match, it seems Rooney has been asked to drop back and be a playmaker of sorts. He'll still be involved in Uniteds goals no doubt but Negredo has an away game against Fulham, then two home games (Liverpool and CP).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Thinking of an 8 point hit this week.

Rooney, bardsley and yaya in for aguero, lallana and yanga mbiwa.

Funds not an issue. Would Silva be a better option than yaya? Yaya will be on pens if aguero is out. Silva could be a good differential but not having yaya has bitten me so far so I'm leaning towards him.

Also strongly considering negredo instead of rooney. A few have questioned what sort of gametime he will get with Jovetic back but I think he will be the main man with aguero out. He has done well this season, 7 goals and 3 assists in 908 mins. Pity he's not second on penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

the aguero injury has earned giroud a stay in my time, i was all set to ditch terry to free up funds to get rooney back for giroud.
    Now it'll be more likley aguero to rooney.

Will Rooney not be playing deeper? Like he did today? Is Welbeck not going to outscore him? Young, hungry, been given his chance etc...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Will Rooney not be playing deeper? Like he did today? Is Welbeck not going to outscore him? Young, hungry, been given his chance etc...?

i wouldn't risk welbeck, took his goals well today but not a prolific goalscorer and hernandez will feature over the xmas/new year too.
    Welbeck has earnt a start in the next game but when the games are coming thick and fast i expect hernandez to start a couple.
    Welbeck can also be used out wide and could very well feature there with rooney up top and kagawa in behind so all in all i don't think welbeck is worth risking.
    and rooney will be on pens with RVP out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Until today Welbeck hasn't scored since August, and I doubt he would even have started today if Kagawa was fit. Rooney prob would of been up front with Kagawa behind him. It's very hard to say, normally Welbeck couldn't hit water if he was standing on a boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭G1032

So I'm thinking Suarez to Chamakh to free up some funds for a midfield upgrade. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Aguero for Lukaku im thinking, Everton have some good fixtures coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Flanagan definitely an angle into LFC's defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭G1032

Nice
    I bought Aguero at 11.2 so I can afford to let him drop to 12.4 before selling him
    Might allow be to see how Rooney gets on in the Carling Cup first

7161287a653256b07693844fd5aac030.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Would Sterling for Pool be a good transfer for the Christmas period ? Need to transfer Brady out . plus it will free up the money I'd need to get Aguero back in if he is out for a few week. Already have Suarez and Flanagan who was warming my bench this week with 13 points :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Terry out Olsson in, 2.4 in the bank.

Move 2 depends on severity of Aguero's injury, likely to get Negredo in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

With Everton's run of games, and Barkley's drop in cost, getting him in at 5.1m seems like a good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

If Aguero doesn't play another game this year he needs to be dumped, would be missing 4+ games and would surely drop close to £12m, if not lower. I get £11.9m for him now so more than happy to get rid if he's out for at least 3 games.

Rooney is obvious replacement with good fixtures although Negredo should be considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

City score too many to have no coverage, i haven't got Yaya so Negredo looks essential for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement