Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 17 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »
    City score too many to have no coverage, i haven't got Yaya so Negredo looks essential for me.

I have a few options in my head.

I could just go Aguero to Rooney or Negredo. Problem is I need to play Brady or Morrisson next GW. Morrisson is away to United. Brady isn't starting.

If I take a hit, I can go Terry to Chester and Aguero to Rooney.

I'm also thinking about Aguero to Negredo and Brady to Silva.

I like the second move more but it leaves me with no United coverage. Rooney and Silva would leave me with United and City coverage but I can't afford to go straight to it this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

dahat wrote: »
    City score too many to have no coverage, i haven't got Yaya so Negredo looks essential for me.

I was thinking that too after originally looking at nobody but Rooney. Negredo has to be a cert to start now whether or not Jovetic is back. But Rooney is kind of a must have also. Silva and Rooney might be the way to get cover for both teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Rooney + Silva looks ideal if one can afford it but Wellbeck looks to be up top now till RVP gets back, possible he may hinder Rooneys chance of scoring big?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

G1032 wrote: »
    I was thinking that too after originally looking at nobody but Rooney. Negredo has to be a cert to start now whether or not Jovetic is back. But Rooney is kind of a must have also. Silva and Rooney might be the way to get cover for both teams.

I'm starting to doubt if Rooney is going to cut it, if he plays as deep as he did today and Wellbeck gets a run up front his returns may be limited. If he plays up front with Kagawa behind he's FPL gold. If it looks like being the former I may get Negredo in for him over the next week or two.

I already did the Aguero to Lukaku and Brady to Walcott move, mainly as it seemed fairly likely Aguero would be out till jan at least, and drop a good bit in price. I can't see city rushing him back and risking missing him for champs league. I figured that having price riser Lukaku would be key to being able to buy him back and. Moving last night gives me a start on that.

Mainly though, I figured that I'd wreck my head about it all week and end up doing to at anyway but at about 0.2 or 0.3 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Aguero to Rooney done there. I'd lose money on Aguero if I wait til later.
    Will consider a hit to get Kos out depending how news for his injury comes through. For who is the question though.

Zab (leaky but strong attacking returns potential)
    Bardsley (cheap, nice fixtures),
    Chester (fixtures not great),
    Flanagan (unlikely),
    Williamson (mixed fixtures - don't really trust their defence),
    Ben Turner (would wait til after pool game)
    Ward? (cheap, potential attacking returns, decent fixtures).

I hate these decisions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

-16 taken for next week. I don't know whether I'm stupid or a genius.

Player(s) in Player(s) out
    Lukaku > Aguero
    Chester > Ivanovic
    Walcott > Özil
    Hazard > Brady
    Negredo > Remy

No more hits for a while for me. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I think an 8 point hit is required this week. The more I think about it I feel like I'll probably downgrade Aguero significantly, may take a chance on Remy, he's not in great form but he can turn that around. It'll allow me to build an impressive midfield while retaining two premium defenders for the moment. No need to do anything tonight as I will have one free drop for Aguero. See how I feel in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Any suggestions on who to get in for Ivanovic? Going down fast now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bannan or Bacuna (out) for Shelvey (in).

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

2 transfers made
    Negredo > Aguero
    Walcott > Ramsey
    Leaving Koscielny on bench for 2 weeks as reports are it is a deep laceration only.

Team for next week
    Pantilimon
    Jagielka/Fonte/Johnson
    Walcott/Januzaj/Oviedo/Yaya
    Lukaku/Negredo/Suárez(c)
    Gazzaniga/Lampard/Dawson/Koscielny

• Advertisement

I'm enjoying all these people dropping Ramsey :)

Rooney 16k transfers in. Negredo 13k.

Aguero 30k out.

Looks like, as per opinion's here, people are generally going for one or the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Only one change for me. Flanagan in for gabidon. He is nailed on and pool have excellent fixtures.

Keeping augerio. Have giroud and Suarez and both season keepers for me.

If he rides the bench so what. Differential when he comes back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Lemlin wrote: »

Aguero 30k out.

Looks like, as per opinion's here, people are generally going for one or the other.
    Went with Negredo myself Rooney far too deep today. Freed up funds to allow me a midfield of Walcott, Ramsey, Yaya and Hazard.

Only one change for me. Flanagan in for gabidon. He is nailed on and pool have

You are aware Liverpool play City and Chelsea away in their next 3?

BNMC wrote: »
    Went with Negredo myself. Freed up funds to allow me a midfield of Walcott, Ramsey, Yaya and Hazard.

I'm thinking of going Negredo and Silva. Will wait until tomorrow. I'm in no mad rush.

Brady or Morrisson are dead weights so either has to go and tgey're performing that poorly the four point hit is warranted. It does mean I'm keeping useless Terry another week or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Better to just go ahead and take a 12-16 point hit all at once or spread it out over two or three weeks? Either way the changes have to be made, but I've never made more than an 8 point hit so I'm unsure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Aguero is going to drop...to wait for Rooney or not...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I wonder are he he 25,422 people who transferred in Suarez today the last active players in the game to own him??:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Only one change for me. Flanagan in for gabidon. He is nailed on and pool have excellent fixtures.

Keeping augerio. Have giroud and Suarez and both season keepers for me.

If he rides the bench so what. Differential when he comes back

Giroud a season keeper, with so many excellent striking options? Podolski is almost back and walcott is fit. No way i would hold him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Giroud looked knackered against ManC imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

That's a typical tabloid article in fairness.
    No actual facts in it apart for someone researching how long a calf injury rules someone out for.

Don't think they'll be far wrong, but that's just their guess and mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

I'm not sure if this is new information or not, but a price drop for a player that's gone up since you bought him only has a 50:50 chance of affecting you. Luckily for me, I bought Aguero at 11.4, so whether I pull the trigger tonight at 12.5 or the night before his next fall at 12.4, I'm still getting 11.9 for him. (At least I think that's right.)

I'm thinking Negredo over Rooney. Or maybe Rooney, and then Nasri later. Behind Welbeck today didn't look great (for FF) but ahead of Kagawa he could be awesome.

PARlance wrote: »
    That's a typical tabloid article in fairness.
    No actual facts in it apart for someone researching how long a calf injury rules someone out for.

Don't think they'll be far wrong, but that's just their guess and mine.

What u mean everything they print in the mirror isn't gospel?:pac:. Best case scenario I'd imagine is him missing 4 league games only. Total guess by me, My CV is now on its way to the mirror.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

What u mean everything they print in the mirror isn't gospel?:pac:. Best case scenario I'd imagine is him missing 4 league games only. Total guess by me, My CV is now on its way to the mirror.

Surely the best case scenario is that he's completely fine :)

Sources close to An Post claim that some letters can get lost forever, never to delivered. Iused2likebusts fears he'll never get that job. :)

Surely the best case scenario is that he's completely fine :)

Sources close to An Post claim that some letters can get lost forever, never to delivered. Iused2likebusts fears he'll never get that job. :)

haha I suppose it is there would be a lot of unhappy people that have already pulled the trigger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Dawson to Johnny Evans done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

6YQq3v.jpg

Trying to decide on the best combination from Walcott, Yaya, Rooney and Negredo. I think Yaya is a better choice than Silva, on pens and no threat of a suspension hanging over him. Walcott and Rooney would be good but would leave me without City attacking coverage for their trip to Fulham. Will probably keep Terry, always a goal threat from corners and Chelsea's defence has to improve sooner or later. Coleman is an option for Chico but would mean doubling up on Everton defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Lemlin wrote: »

Aguero 30k out.

Worth bearing in mind that rooney had 463k owners before today whereas negredo only had 165k. So some of those going for negredo may have rooney already. Probably less likely that many going for rooney already had negredo (as would have been doubling up on city strikers, although I have seenba few teams with both).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Aguero OUT, Negredo IN done, lovely 0.3 profit made from the sale.. By the time he is back it may not even cost me anything to bring him back in :cool:

Hard to ignore Citys fixtures.. Fulham away, Pool at home, Palace at home.. Goal fest expected in all 3 and I can't see Aguero playing any of them no matter how minor the injury. He will be phased back in slowly.

They've scored 35 goals in the 8 games they've played at home this season. :eek:

I had planned to bring in Silva this week for Navas and I may still end up doing that in the next couple of days. He's looking destined to rise unfortunately so I want to get him in before that happens. Have a feeling he will get a second rise this week.

Dawson the fecker.. Currently making 0.1 profit on him if I sell him but I'll likely just wait it out this week as I don't fancy a -8. Although looking at my back line I may not have a choice..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Paully D wrote: »
    Better to just go ahead and take a 12-16 point hit all at once or spread it out over two or three weeks? Either way the changes have to be made, but I've never made more than an 8 point hit so I'm unsure.

I'm in the same boat. Will have just enough to get in Silva, Walcott and Negredo if I do it before price rises but it would mean a -16 hit. Team would be sorted then for Christmas and could take advantage of the rises too. Short term pain for long term gain maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

just done aguero out for rooney, was afraid he would drop.
    also got rid of that waster terry for rafael for my two free transfers, may have to fix up midfield and get rid kos so could be looking at 8 point hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I have tonnes of options which is not great!!

Provisional plan - Aguero
    > Lukaku (have rooney already)

Will also upgrade Mutch
    > Silva (City coverage)

Third possible change will be Terry
    > Flanagan or some other cheapie.

Then next week I will upgrade Al Hamadi to Ramsey.

MF will be massively improved with my 2 cheapies upgraded to premium. Forward line is the popular 3. Seem happy enough with that. Haven't taken many hits of late so -8 over 2 weeks for the above changed is not bad.

As I said provisional plan. Walcott, Negredo Yaya amongst others need to be thought about. Fortunately I can afford for Aguero to drop .1 before I lose value on him. That probably gives me one extra day!!

Bloody lovin the game this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

Aguero is yellow flagged. What exactly does that mean? Will he not drop in price now. I'll never be able to get him back if that's the case if I sell him in the next couple of days

Not an article based on actual medical results but interesting nonetheless:

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2013/12/15/from-the-physio-sergio-aguero/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Chamakh the best cheap option up front?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

Any love for Whittaker as a cheapie defender? €4.1m. Decent fixtures (Sunderland away, Fulham home, United home, Palace away)

Better options for a cheapie defender please? Max €5.1.

loveBBhate wrote: »
    Any love for Whittaker as a cheapie defender? €4.1m. Decent fixtures (Sunderland away, Fulham home, United home, Palace away)

Better options for a cheapie defender please? Max €5.1.

I'm half considering a Sunderland option..

Not the greatest defence record this season, but they have a great run of home games for the remainder of the season

Norwich
    Villa
    Soton
    Stoke
    Hull
    West Brom
    Palace
    West Ham
    Everton
    Cardiff
    Swansea

Their upcoming away ones aren't bad either

Everton, Cardiff, Fulham, Newcastle being the next 4

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

G1032 wrote: »
    Aguero is yellow flagged. What exactly does that mean? Will he not drop in price now. I'll never be able to get him back if that's the case if I sell him in the next couple of days

I also would like to know this!
    Anybody???

• Advertisement

JR6 wrote: »
    I also would like to know this!
    Anybody???
    The protection comes into play once they're flagged, it's as if TotalFPL didn't know or adjust the NTO's required under the flag from what I can see

^This is from another thread.

TotalFPL obviously got it wrong last night, but he is already 153.7% of the way to a drop now at 9am according to them so will most definitely be dropping tonight. I think he will drop to about 12 before he is back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Danger781 wrote: »
    ^This is from another thread.

TotalFPL obviously got it wrong last night, but he is already 153.7% of the way to a drop now at 9am according to them so will most definitely be dropping tonight. I think he will drop to about 12 before he is back.
    He's wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

DM saying Aguero could be out for 6 weeks.Time to look for an alternative so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Hmmmmm Negredo or Rooney?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

As much as I think Negredo is a cracking player that should get some really good support from Silva, Yaya etc, he's not Aguero. All of his goals seem to have come in big wins when City are cruising, how will he manage being the main man? And he's not on free kicks and pens, Yaya will take these. Also need to consider what Pellegrini will do with Dzeko and possibly even Jovatic, although this shouldn't be a deciding factor. His price at £9.3 is the best thing about him, although this could leave you in a situation where it becomes hard to get Aguero back in after you've re-invested the extra cash.

Then we have Rooney - didn't play too well yesterday and seems to be sitting a bit deeper than before, but with RVP out he will still be the main goalscorer, and takes FK's and pens. Only on 3 occasions this year has he drawn a blank, and he managed a double digit score 4/5 weeks recently, with the odd one out being the Arsenal game where he assisted the winner. He's currently at £11.1 and will definitely continue to rise. Aguero should drop to £12m if he's out until 2014, meaning you might only end up needing to find an extra £0.5m or so if you want to swap the pair again in Jan.

No debate for me, Rooney all the way. Uniteds fixtures are better, and the 3-0 win yesterday should spur them on for a good Christmas to get them back in the race. They could thump West Ham like Chelsea and Liverpool recently, and Shrek will definitely be involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

roryc wrote: »
    As much as I think Negredo is a cracking player that should get some really good support from Silva, Yaya etc, he's not Aguero. All of his goals seem to have come in big wins when City are cruising, how will he manage being the main man? And he's not on free kicks and pens, Yaya will take these. Also need to consider what Pellegrini will do with Dzeko and possibly even Jovatic, although this shouldn't be a deciding factor. His price at £9.3 is the best thing about him, although this could leave you in a situation where it becomes hard to get Aguero back in after you've re-invested the extra cash.

Then we have Rooney - didn't play too well yesterday and seems to be sitting a bit deeper than before, but with RVP out he will still be the main goalscorer, and takes FK's and pens. Only on 3 occasions this year has he drawn a blank, and he managed a double digit score 4/5 weeks recently, with the odd one out being the Arsenal game where he assisted the winner. He's currently at £11.1 and will definitely continue to rise. Aguero should drop to £12m if he's out until 2014, meaning you might only end up needing to find an extra £0.5m or so if you want to swap the pair again in Jan.

No debate for me, Rooney all the way. Uniteds fixtures are better, and the 3-0 win yesterday should spur them on for a good Christmas to get them back in the race. They could thump West Ham like Chelsea and Liverpool recently, and Shrek will definitely be involved.
    I already have rooney so then its a choice really between Lukaku and negredo . I'm leaning towards lukaku so I can majorly upgrade midfield.
    That then leaves me choosing between yaya and Silva for city cover AND possibly upgrading Ramsey to Walcott!!! I have hazard at moment and I don't know if I can justify that amount of money for him .....SO MANY CHOICES!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Anyone looking at wilson? stoke have decent fixtures and he plays in midfield so could get assists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

I'm bringing Evans in for Koscielny and perhaps Nasri & Rooney in for Aguero & Paulinho for a delicious 8 point hit. There will be hits, just wanna make sure I choose wisely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

The plan was Brady to Ramsey but looks like it will have to be Aguero out for Rooney/Negredo or Lukaku.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Probably be bringing in Rooney for Aguero and hope that I can somehow afford to bring him back in some time.

I'll be taking a hit this week again but not sure will it be for -4 or -8.

I had planned on bringing in Silva but if I do it means I probably won't have the funds to take Aguero back in now. So my alternative is Nasri. Or should I just go with the player I want and then look at a reshuffle during January wildcard to bring Aguero back?

Advertisement