Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 17 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I had a choice of Zab or Terry to transfer out last week and went Zab and was regretting it.

Glad I did now. Hopefully his price will drop and he will be cheap later in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »
    I had a choice of Zab or Terry to transfer out last week and went Zab and was regretting it.

Glad I did now. Hopefully his price will drop and he will be cheap later in the season.

You got lucky there i tell ya.

Decent draw in the Cup as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Paully D wrote: »
    Sorry, just saw this now. Mannone should stay first choice. As you say he has done nothing really wrong and our defence looks settled for the first time in ages. Mannone is better with the ball at his feet which suits Poyet's gameplan of playing out from the back, so I'd be quite surprised if Westwood came back in.

cheers for the reply, and busts for the reply too.

i'll go ahead so and bring in mannone 4.2 for lewis 4.0. will leave it til friday just incase anything more important crops up that needs my attention.

It'll be a 4 point hit but i'm hoping that by playing mannone at home to norwich instead of marshall away to liverpool I'll recoup the 4 points and will then have 2 keepers that rotate perfectly over xmas/new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Come Silva. Get a yellow. Perfect scenario is him missing the weekend due to suspension. Then i bring him in next week and nobody gets to use him till i do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hogey007 wrote: »
    cheers for the reply, and busts for the reply too.

i'll go ahead so and bring in mannone 4.2 for lewis 4.0. will leave it til friday just incase anything more important crops up that needs my attention.

It'll be a 4 point hit but i'm hoping that by playing mannone at home to norwich instead of marshall away to liverpool I'll recoup the 4 points and will then have 2 keepers that rotate perfectly over xmas/new year.

For anyone else looking at their keeper situation, Marshall is 4.6 and Mannone 4.2

Here's what you can be playing for the next 14 gameweeks by going with the home keeper taking you up to the start of march.

Norwich (h)
    Southampton (h)
    Sunderland (h)
    Villa (h)
    West Ham (h)
    Southampton (h)
    Stoke (h)
    Norwich (h)
    Hull (h)
    Villa (h)
    Hull (h)
    West Brom (h)
    Fulham (h)
    Palace (h)

of course i'm sure it won't work out as simple as that, westwood may throw a spanner in the works at some point but it should def get me through to the jan wildcard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Come Silva. Get a yellow. Perfect scenario is him missing the weekend due to suspension. Then i bring him in next week and nobody gets to use him till i do.

He's been replaced and no yellow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Could be a nervous 30 mins ET for Hazard owners :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Zabaleta hamstring gone, could be a few weeks off.

I'm guilty of it myself sometimes, but that is a perfect example of why people should cool down, take a step back and not make transfers if there's cup games on during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Thank fook, he's petty much my only hope in the cup game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Ah doesn't matter. He'll pick it up this weekend and Nasri will outscore him anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

dahat wrote: »
    Kolarov bandwagon will gather pace, 5.3 and a massive goal threat.

I was thinking of Zabaleta earlier, definitely looking at Kolorov now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭skippy15

Cant decide over Negredo or Lukaku-
    Think might go with Negredo till Jan wildcard,

roryc wrote: »
    I was thinking of Zabaleta earlier, definitely looking at Kolorov now

If Zab is looking at 3/4 weeks i will be getting Kolarov next week, he has the potential for alot of points over Xmas.

Do you think he's nailed on to play the next few with Zab out? What other options do City have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

dahat wrote: »
    If Zab is looking at 3/4 weeks i will be getting Kolarov next week, he has the potential for alot of points over Xmas.

Same as, he'll be taking my FT slot next week to replace Zab if it's 3/4 weeks.
    People should be able to handle an injury to a defender considering most are playing 7 players ahead of their defences.
    Zab shouldn't be any risk of a fall. 80% to a rise at present.

I was debating a hit for Coleman this week but may go Kolorov now and then transfer him out in Jan transfer window.

Oh and Aguero could be out for 8 weeks - https://twitter.com/DuckerTheTimes/status/413070900997521409. Cue price plummet

Do you think he's nailed on to play the next few with Zab out? What other options do City have?

Richards,injured. Milner possibly but Clichy and Kolarov is my guess at FB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Boyata may also get some time at right back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

So unlucky this week, injuries to zab, aguero and kos and then had to get rid if terry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭larchielads

just took a 4 point hit to get zab in yesterday and does his hamstring:( wasnt expectin him to play didnt know richards was injured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Raf32 wrote: »
    So unlucky this week, injuries to zab, aguero and kos and then had to get rid if terry

In those circumstances, I'd just have kept Terry. I can see Jose parking the bus next Monday night as they are away and he'll be happy with a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

So do you guys reckon that taking a -4 hit for Dawson for Kolarov will be worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

Pellegrini reckons Aguero could be out for 8 weeks now!!
    Dzeko now has to be considered as an option instead of Lukaku. He's about 2 million less than Lukaku.

Yep, if Dzeko gets regular gametime he could be gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭skippy15

Go big or go home,
    Transfers in this week negredo, Walcott and Silva for a hit.leaves me a top 7
    Ramsay hazard Silva Walcot
    Rooney negredo Suarez.

I'm holding off on Walcott until next week, Coutinho has an easier fixture and might finally bag me some points! He'll be out for Walcott next week anyway. Currently have starting 11 of:

Howard
    Mert Coleman Chester
    Ramsey Hazard Nasri Coutinho
    Rooney Lukaku Suarez

Those in bold are at home. An Everton clean sheet or goals from Nasri/Coutinho will likely see me move up the rankings. Rooney beating Negredo will help too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm holding off on Walcott until next week, Coutinho has an easier fixture and might finally bag me some points! He'll be out for Walcott next week anyway. Currently have starting 11 of:

Howard
    Mert Coleman Chester
    Rooney Lukaku Suarez

Those in bold are at home. An Everton clean sheet or goals from Nasri/Coutinho will likely see me move up the rankings. Rooney beating Negredo will help too.

I got in Walcott as I reckon he could destroy Chelsea the way their defence is playing....they wont cope with his pace. He scored 2 great long range goals against City but he got in behind them twice and had good chances saved/blocked.

I foresee more John Terry looking like he's in slow motion.

Anyone with any news on Clyne's injury?

There'll be no more transfers this week but I really could do without having himself and Zab injured on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Howard
    Mert Coleman Chester
    Rooney Lukaku Suarez

Coutinho is hanging on for another week here also, however at the risk of talking in clichés he seem to be the ultimate assist the assister player. Five goals last Sunday with only a clean sheet point to show was the pits. He did hit the crossbar with that shot into the ground, he really should have scored in the first minute and took up good positions a few times but the ball never reached him, his crossing was terrible though, particularly from set pieces. Walcott has far more potential for points but this weeks fixtures are very different, you wouldn't expect Coutinho to be absent from the attacking points too often when Liverpool score three or more goals.

My team is in rag order, far too much deadwood, now it looks like I won't be able to get Mirallas in next week either.

As an aside, who is better value at the moment for the next 5 or six weeks, Mirallas or Ramsey(at current prices)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Got Negredo for Kun a few days ago, should be able to get Aguero back no probs even with a profit hopefully

Zab is gona be a pain for some people and Terry is wearing thin on my patience

Ward and Negredo in this week for me... Terry will probably make way to upgrade JWP to Walcott next week

Captain Suarez again this week, job done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

-=al=- wrote: »
    Got Negredo for Kun a few days ago, should be able to get Aguero back no probs even with a profit hopefully

Zab is gona be a pain for some people and Terry is wearing thin on my patience

Ward and Negredo in this week for me... Terry will probably make way to upgrade JWP to Walcott next week

Captain Suarez again this week, job done!

Terry is a pain in the hole alright but he is still the best goalscoring defender in the league, he often scores in the big games where you wouldn't expect clean sheet points so it's very hard to ever leave him on the bench, at least he didn't play last night so there's a good chance he'll play all through Christmas. If I had the option i'd sell him on but I'm never too bothered about having him in the team for those reasons

As an aside, who is better value at the moment for the next 5 or six weeks, Mirallas or Ramsey(at current prices)

Ok, you'll have to substitute Kevin for Swiper in this

Coutinho is hanging on for another week here also, however at the risk of talking in clichés he seem to be the ultimate assist the assister player. Five goals last Sunday with only a clean sheet point to show was the pits. He did hit the crossbar with that shot into the ground, he really should have scored in the first minute and took up good positions a few times but the ball never reached him, his crossing was terrible though, particularly from set pieces. Walcott has far more potential for points but this weeks fixtures are very different, you wouldn't expect Coutinho to be absent from the attacking points too often when Liverpool score three or more goals.

Apparently Coutinho had 5 or 6 crosses in that game and none of them found their man. He is an attacking player though and has goals in him. Hopefully he'll show this against Cardiff!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

PARlance wrote: »
    Ok, you'll have to substitute Kevin for Swiper in this

:pac:

Don't worry I'm doing my best to get rid of him but it's proving difficult. I left him on my bench last week which resulted in being knocked out of the FSA Cup precisely for that reason. Dedication to the cause right there

:pac:

Don't worry I'm doing my best to get rid of him but it's proving difficult. I left him on my bench last week which resulted in being knocked out of the FSA Cup precisely for that reason. Dedication to the cause right there

I spotted that alright, I didn't know what to say at the time... I still don't know whether to abuse, laugh or thank you for it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

GiftofGab wrote: »
    So do you guys reckon that taking a -4 hit for Dawson for Kolarov will be worth it?

no bad move IMO. No guarantee of kolarov starting and spurs have 3 nice fixtures between now and the new year. I'd be surprised if either kolarov or clichy filled in at rb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

My first thought was Kolorov for the RB role but people are talking about milner filling in there

I was all for selling Dawson but their fixtures ain't to bad and the church is back this week or soon atleast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Took my first points hit of the season, and it may come as no surprise that I was drunk at the time.

I had to do something as I had Aguero, Zabaleta, Clyne, Brady, Harper and Terry all on the chopping block for one reason or another.

I also inexplicably have Chris Brunt in my team.

Axed Aguero and Clyne, brought in Coleman and Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

8 pt hit taken:

Terry out Ward in
    Kun out Negredo in
    Morrision out YaYa in

Team this week:

Pants
    Ward Chico Distin
    Hazard Ozil Ramsey YaYa
    Negredo Suarez (C) Lukaka

Davis El Ahmadi Kos Chester

Bolded players are next in the firing line, I really need to sort out my keeper situation as I wouldn't be at all suprised if I have no playing keeper this weekend.

My current thought process has me taking a -4 hit which I'll do tonight after the league cup games.

Aguero -> Negredo
    Howson -> Mirallas

I'd love to have Walcott in for the Chelsea game though but I'd be taking a -12 then which isn't really viable unless I ditched Ozil for -8.

Although it's a gamble in itself not to choose Lukaku an I haven't decided but it would seem I like to do things the hard way :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I've Zab and Augerio.

Won't be making a transfer and will save for two next week as don't fancy Fulham to roll over and can't see Rooney pulling in the points till he is playing out of midfield.

Have Lallana and Fer to come in anyway so happy enough with my bench. I think a LOT of people are going to be taking unnecessary hits this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Got Rooney in for Augero,

Zab injured now but going to bench for this week,

Now who to play Ward or Shaw?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Moyes says Wayne Rooney is injured...not rested :eek:

Could be mindgames or excuses but it may not either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Yep Moyes confirms Rooney injury. Trigger happy transferees not waiting for midweek games to finish are punished again. In my defence, i've had rooney for weeks but it's ridiculous to bring him in so early this week in lieu of Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

this is already turning into the worst gw ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

worst thing is moyes in his friday press conference will probably not give any info .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Glad I didn't make any early transfers just to chase a few price rises. Anything can happen and usually does when you least expect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

jaysus i already took a -8 this week

Anderson could be playing in the hole tonight...get those bandwagon wheels greased up boys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement