Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 17 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

zarquon wrote: »
    Yep Moyes confirms Rooney injury. Trigger happy transferees not waiting for midweek games to finish are punished again. In my defence, i've had rooney for weeks but it's ridiculous to bring him in so early this week in lieu of Aguero.

The midweek game had nothing to do with it though? He wasn't injured at the weekend so tonight's game is totally irrelevant! I agree its always a risk bringing players in when they have a midweek game though.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2013/Dec/wayne-rooney-misses-stoke-due-to-injury.aspx?newsid=1D8C9117-71A7-4BF1-92EB-D26ECA9644C6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

roryc wrote: »
    The midweek game had nothing to do with it though? He wasn't injured at the weekend so tonight's game is totally irrelevant! I agree its always a risk bringing players in when they have a midweek game though.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2013/Dec/wayne-rooney-misses-stoke-due-to-injury.aspx?newsid=1D8C9117-71A7-4BF1-92EB-D26ECA9644C6

High intensity training leading to a game can increase injury likelihood. Regardless of whether he plays or not, it's still not smart as anyone who transferred Zabaleta in this week has learnt

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I wouldn't actually be too worried just yet. We'll see what Moyes says after the game, Aguero out is still obviously my main priority anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

yeah, no panicking till Friday tbh.

SlickRic wrote: »
    yeah, no panicking till Friday tbh.

also, I'm one of the early transferrers.

if he's injured, I'll suck it up, keep him, and see what the story is next GW. I've players who can fill in for a week without taking a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

if he's injured, I'll suck it up, keep him, and see what the story is next GW. I've players who can fill in for a week without taking a hit.

Same here just means il have to play both Ward and Shaw

No panic yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

If Rooney is out there isn't an obvious high value replacement so might use that thing some people are afraid to use...my bench!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Who is everyone replacing Zab with? about to do it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I agree totally. If he's injured, he's injured. I still have 3 playing subs to slot in for this event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Townsend the latest injury. Hamstring it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Somebody said this somewhere but I cant find it now to quote, the Rooney injury may just be an excuse to not play him as he'd get slated if they went out while he rested Rooney. I'd support that theory.

He needs to get the shít together in the league or they'll seriously be struggling to make top 4 so that will be his real priority over winning the League Cup.

FHFC wrote: »
    Somebody said this somewhere but I cant find it now to quote, the Rooney injury may just be an excuse to not play him as he'd get slated if they went out while he rested Rooney. I'd support that theory.

He needs to get the shít together in the league or they'll seriously be struggling to make top 4 so that will be his real priority over winning the League Cup.

I do hope this is true, and I'm leaning towards this theory.

we'll just have to wsit and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Evra goal......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

My initial thought is that he may have a slight knock or niggle, nothing that would keep him out of a league game, and gving him the night off ahead of the Christmas period makes sense. That's the optimistic view anyway.

I'm one of the early transferrers too - would have a dilemma if he is ruled out because my Ward-Prowse, Brady, Turner bench doesn't look too enticing this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Hopefully Rooney's alright, if not it gives a decent advantage to those that punted for Negredo or held off doing their transfer. The fact that he hasn't given any specifics on the injury has me leaning towards Rooney being alright.

• Advertisement

Evans just tweaked his hamstring ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

km79 wrote: »
    Evans just tweaked his hamstring ......

Ah ****

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I said it in another thread. Id see it as one of those "injuries" players get before international friendlies and the injury clears up by the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Evra goal......

Ah ****, now all my respected peers will think I'm a bandwagoner :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

roryc wrote: »
    Hopefully Rooney's alright, if not it gives a decent advantage to those that punted for Negredo or held off doing their transfer. The fact that he hasn't given any specifics on the injury has me leaning towards Rooney being alright.

I haven't a clue what to read into it.

He was very coy about RVP surrounding his return. It was if someone had handed him a "mind games for beginners" booklet.

If it is all a cover up to avoid the heat of a potential loss, then I'd be extremely worried about him having the balls for the job.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Ah ****, now all my respected peers will think I'm a bandwagoner :-(
    With all the extra money I'm tempted .......but will buttner get a run .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

With all the extra money I'm tempted .......but will buttner get a run .....

No chance. Next game he might start is the fa cup game. Barring injuries of course

I said it in another thread. Id see it as one of those "injuries" players get before international friendlies and the injury clears up by the weekend.

How does he get around losing credibility among his players and staff at the club if he's at that carry on?
    "Look lads, I'm going to chicken out of this and say Wayne has a knock.
    It covers my back if we lose.
    All ok with that? Ok, and by the way, please respect me"

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I think it makes perfect sense. The media sharks smell blood off him, so he'd have got hassle he didn't need if he'd been honest and said 'I couldn't give a monkeys about this dopey cup, I can't risk Rooney ahead of the Xmas schedule given out league position'.

If he was in a position of strength he could have said that (perhaps not in those exact words) but a vague injury means the press can't go after him, esp if United had lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

PARlance wrote: »
    How does he get around losing credibility among his players and staff at the club if he's at that carry on?

Yeah I would say he is definitely injured, just a question of how badly. My inclination is that he won't play, not that that's based on any solid facts.

PARlance wrote: »

I'd say he has a knock but would have played if it was a more important game. All shall be revealed saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I'd say he has a knock but would have played if it was a more important game. All shall be revealed saturday.

i'd go along with that, was late getting in and missed the build up so was interested to see the context of how moyes said it, i seen his interview and he looked fairly relaxed.
    If rooney was facing a spell out on top of RVP's injury he would have been a lot less smiley. and the sky sports presenter then said "we were told earlier he was rested"
    So it seems to me as what you said, he might have had a very slight knock but if that had been barca in a champions league quarter final rather than stoke in a league cup quarter final he'd have played.
    I think the fact RVP is out for a month made him that bit more cautious about playing wayne.

and i think it's very possible aswell that rooney wasn't injured but when he seen the state of the conditions he just didn't want to risk rooney picking up a knock in a competition that is 4th in priorities when there is such a hectic league schedule coming up and he's already minus RVP for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

I've a second free transfer only got Rooney in on Monday, should I transfer him out again for Negrado?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

richieffff wrote: »
    I've a second free transfer only got Rooney in on Monday, should I transfer him out again for Negrado?

No. There is nothing to suggest he won't play at the weekend in that tweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭mosstin

Aye, go ahead. And then use your other FT to transfer Negredo back out again when he gets injured training on Friday morning.

Negredo has scored one goal away from home this season, and that was as a sub against Cardiff in GW2. That has put me right off him even though City have picked up their form and Aguero is now absent.

Dzeko will get time now too it would seem and I can see Silva playing behind one forward more often than not, so I may just make do with him for now. That however only really leaves Lukaku unless I go very left field, but there aren't too many who catch my eye.

In turn bringing in Mirallas hits the rocks as despite "decent" fixtures I'd have a massive over reliance on Everton's attack which isn't something I'm comfortable with. If I ditched Howson it could be more acceptable to play Hooper as a gamble for a few weeks though and I'm tempted :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Moyes playing down Rooney injury according to the Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2526127/Moyes.html

Also does anyone know if there's been any updates on Baines? Just thinking outside the box here, more so for the next gw or 2 rather than this week

Moyes said the groin injury is just a strain.

I'd guess he's slightly less than 50-50 for Saturday, and would definitely be available after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Thank goodness I didn't bring in Rooney.

In Negredo we trust.

Ugh! Aguero -> Lukaku done.

It had to be done as the consequences of any "hipster transfers" that would worm their way into my head would just burn me as they have done all season. My team has a slight template look to it and it disgusts me.

Ramsey to Walcott or Howson to Mirallas could be done yet for a hit this week if I still feel dirty by Friday :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

mosstin wrote: »
    Aye, go ahead. And then use your other FT to transfer Negredo back out again when he gets injured training on Friday morning.

It'll be time for Chamakh at that stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Aguero, Brady and Collins -> Negredo, Walcott and Brown

Probably a risk bringing in Brown but Sunderland have good fixtures over the Christmas period and have tightened up at the back. Here's hoping Poyet can get the best out of his players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

jebforever wrote: »
    Aguero, Brady and Collins -> Negredo, Walcott and Brown

Probably a risk bringing in Brown but Sunderland have good fixtures over the Christmas period and have tightened up at the back. Here's hoping Poyet can get the best out of his players.

Sunderland also have fantastic home games until the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

This is how everyone who got Rooney this week feels

58669-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-Sm9B.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭slingerz

Anyone else looking at Jordan Henderson? Cheap midfielder and has the potential for assists. Could be the next 'Ramsey' in FF terms

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

slingerz wrote: »
    Anyone else looking at Jordan Henderson? Cheap midfielder and has the potential for assists. Could be the next 'Ramsey' in FF terms

No.

only if you don't have Suarez IMO.

there is definitely potential there though as he will get forward more with no Gerrard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

If he stays in the role he played against Spurs then he's probably worth it but what happens when Gerrard is back? Henderson has played 90 mins every week bar 1 and only has 3 assists in 16 games. Not sure if he's a good long term option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Does anyone know what the chances of Vidic playing are? If he's not likely to play I'll have to dump him for someone. Kolarov probably.

It'll be time for Chamakh at that stage

Aguero -> Chamakh is old news, done it last weekend... t'was the obvious transfer :D

“He’s heckled as sh*t, but he’s scoring each week, I really love it, and we're climbing up the league -
    I want Chamakh, want Chamakh, want Chamakh for good…”

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I do think a look is certainly merited.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Does anyone know what the chances of Vidic playing are? If he's not likely to play I'll have to dump him for someone. Kolarov probably.

Moyes highlighed the fact that United have 5 CM and people have to be on good form to play there.

Avoid.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Moyes highlighed the fact that United have 5 CM and people have to be on good form to play there.

Avoid.

CB's surely... Stop trolling us, I'd be happy with 1 CM :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement