Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 17 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Yeah Moyes himself said nobody is guaranteed a place at CB. You put in performances, you get to play is essentially what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

Any news on Zab?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

slingerz wrote: »
    Anyone else looking at Jordan Henderson? Cheap midfielder and has the potential for assists. Could be the next 'Ramsey' in FF terms

I had him for ages, didn't get diddly squat.
    Sold him last week and he got a goal, an assist and a clean sheet.
    I hate him.
    Am considering making a voodoo doll to skupper anyone else who bought him:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Moyes said Vidic isn't even safe... Jevans is the only one to consider at the back unless you wanna splash the cash for Evra

Zab is at least a week or 2 I believe... Not sure how bad his hammy is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

-=al=- wrote: »
    Moyes said Vidic isn't even safe... Jevans is the only one to consider at the back unless you wanna splash the cash for Evra

Zab is at least a week or 2 I believe... Not sure how bad his hammy is

Vidic will nearly always be safe, realistically. Not playing Vidic is criminal, he's so good. He's lost some of his pace but has no fear of really getting stuck in.

Vidics / Evans will be the main duo for the majority of the season, not all of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I think Vidic has been poor this season and has been ravaged by injuries for a few years. Not a great option for FPL really, as I learned earlier this season when he burned me bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

That should be the pairing alright but with 5 fit CB's it's a lottery for the old FPL machine to guess... So I'd stick with the cheapy route into the UTD defense even if it is a bit leaky

Almost got Jevans last week but opted for a pick elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Delofeu and Ozil out, Sterling & Lukaku in. Here's hoping Sterling stays in ahead of Moses and Everton make the most of their xmas fixtures

garra wrote: »
    Delofeu and Ozil out, Sterling & Lukaku in. Here's hoping Sterling stays in ahead of Moses and Everton make the most of their xmas fixtures

Ozil... Out? I considered him out a few weeks ago but he has been returning quite well since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ive got so much wrong this year its unreal( ramsey, coleman, yaya). Nearly the one thing I called correctly when everyone had a (vidic,Mig combo) was that Vidic wasnt a good way into the utd defence. DDG and evra and to a lesser extent evans are much better options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

[IMG][/img]hy75.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

have 2 free transfers and doing reasonably well. open to suggestions about improving my team though. have only .2m in the bank

eh i dunno wrote: »
    [IMG][/img]hy75.png

have 2 free transfers and doing reasonably well. open to suggestions about improving my team though. have only .2m in the bank

I really like your front 3 especially for the next 2 gws. I'd do begovic to mannone that will free up 1.2 and will give you new/sun rotation at home for the rest of the season. Thats the only transfer I'd make as you are in good shape and you may need them as games come thick and fast.By gw 19 when newcastle play arsenal and city play palace I'd look at doing remy to either negredo or dzeko(whoever looks the likeliest to start basically whichever one doesn't start against liverpool 2 days earlier)

I really like your front 3 especially for the next 2 gws. I'd do begovic to mannone that will free up 1.2 and will give you new/sun rotation at home for the rest of the season. Thats the only transfer I'd make as you are in good shape and you may need them as games come thick and fast.By gw 19 when newcastle play arsenal and city play palace I'd look at doing remy to either negredo or dzeko(whoever looks the likeliest to start basically whichever one doesn't start against liverpool 2 days earlier)

Was thinking of bringing in Negredo for Remy and downgrading Walker. Will look at downgrading Begovic now. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I'd advise against United defenders until the new year. All you really need at this time of the year, with all the GW's coming in quick succession, is a defender who is guaranteed to play and might have a chance of one clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Ive got so much wrong this year its unreal( ramsey, coleman, yaya). Nearly the one thing I called correctly when everyone had a (vidic,Mig combo) was that Vidic wasnt a good way into the utd defence. DDG and evra and to a lesser extent evans are much better options.

Going forward rafael at 5.9m is the best option imo. Read a good article recently which emphasised how badly utd missed him when injured. He's fairly nailed on now that he's fit again and poses an attacking threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

thunderdog wrote: »
    I'd advise against United defenders until the new year. All you really need at this time of the year, with all the GW's coming in quick succession, is a defender who is guaranteed to play and might have a chance of one clean sheet.
    I'm going with one, because I think they've a few clean sheets coming up and I can then ship them out (I don't want United defenders long-term) in my January wildcard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Such a mess of a week.

Aguero, Rooney, Koscielny, Brady all injured.

Shipped out Aguero first off, might just leave my fit 11 play, mainly all away from home too! :/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

What a week to play my wildcard, that's all I can say on the matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

What a week to play my wildcard, that's all I can say on the matter.
    Decent one for getting value, but alot of the value players you may need to keep for a while which is neither a negative or a positive I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Brady out for Three weeks

Glad I shipped him for Fer last week

https://twitter.com/PJBuckingham/status/413972040081612800

Has Mackay been sacked by Cardiff or what the hell is going on? I was going to bring Whitts in next week and I'd even be worried about Ben Turner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Thinking of bringing in Sterling this week. I fully expect Liverpool to DESTROY Cardiff, so there's a pretty good chance he'll manage something.

Aguero-->Rooney as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Question is, do we want a semi fit Rooney playing? I might get a better return from Vlaar or Gabbidon so not really bothered either way. He'll make the Boxing Day game anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

With Rooney looking like actually being out I'm looking at having to play Morrison, which I don't really mind as he has plenty to prove at Old Trafford so hoping for former club syndrome there.

Only question I have is over my defence, which two from Dawson away to Soton, Chester away to WBA or Merts at home to Chelsea??

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

FHFC wrote: »
    Only question I have is over my defence, which two from Dawson away to Soton, Chester away to WBA or Merts at home to Chelsea??

I'm similar with Merts, Chiriches and Chester. Going with Merts due to goal threat and its possible Chelsea won't register. Also Dawson was nowhere to be seen Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Markx wrote: »
    I'm similar with Merts, Chiriches and Chester. Going with Merts due to goal threat and its possible Chelsea won't register. Also Dawson was nowhere to be seen Wednesday

Dawson was suspended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Rooney out will i mean playing Bannan v Newcastle, not too bad a replacement i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Brady out for Three weeks

Glad I shipped him for Fer last week

https://twitter.com/PJBuckingham/status/413972040081612800

Balls, figures.

Miralles in so, taking a hit on it, ugh.

I'm resisting the urge to do Ramsey to Walcott for a hit today. I have my doubtful Rooney and also Howson and Williams are on my chopping block.

Ramsey's probably the least likely to be rotated over xmas so I may just play it safe and wait until Jan. Going against all my gut instincts to do something different recently but not taking a hit this week might indeed be a gamble :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Any definitive word on Koscielny after the press conference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Any definitive word on Koscielny after the press conference?
    He's out .

http://www.arsenal.com/pressconference

Dean Moxey is back fit this week. Might not be important for many but it is for me.
    http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/preview-palace-v-newcastle-1246136.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Rooney will be assessed in the morning and has a chance of making it which roughly translates to he was rested Wednesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I have Howard, Coleman, Gabbidon and Mert starting in defence. With Rooney likely out sub order could be crucial this week. Same as when I'm picking my team I usually base it on bookies odds. My bench is currently Morrison, Vlaar, Chester - in that order.

Morrison is away against his former club United, he'll be upping his game to impress and United have been pretty leaky. He's 2/1 to either score or assist a goal.

Vlaar faces Stoke but is possibly injured, and Stoke have actually been scoring lately. He's 9/4 to keep a clean sheet and 6/1 to score or assist.

Despite keeping a clean sheet last week Chester is actually 5/2 to do the same away to West Brom, and is as far back as 8/1 to score or assist.

As you can see there's actually not a lot between the expected points of all three players, with Morrison slightly shading it over Vlaar and Chester. I usually base my team selection and sub order on who is statistically more likely to get points. If only that actually guaranteed results... Cue a Chester goal and clean sheet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Got Kompany into replace Zab, expensive but might as well go with their best player.

Going to be an interesting weekend for benches with rotation and injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Who should I get rid of Dawson for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Jose has confirmed that Azpi will start Monday night instead of Ashley Cole.

masti123 wrote: »
    Who should I get rid of Dawson for?

I wouldn't bother getting rid of dawson unless you have 12/13 guaranteed starters. He looks like being nailed on for 3 decent fixtures cant ask for much more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Has Mackay been sacked by Cardiff or what the hell is going on? I was going to bring Whitts in next week and I'd even be worried about Ben Turner.

Apparently the crazy owner told him to resign or he'll be sacked. He's refusing to resign.

I'd be worried about Turner as well. I'm not playing him tomorrow though anyway. A new manager may not be as good for CSs. God forbid they got someone like Jol.

I'm starting Terry and Mert. I can see Jose parking the bus and going for a 0 0 as Chelsea are away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Team is as follows:

Mig - Boruc

Vidic - Vlaar - M Turner - Ward - Coleman

Hernandez - Walcott - Koren - Mirallas - Ben Arfa

Soldado - Lukaku - Suarez

Suggestions for transfer(s) this week? (Made no transfers from GW5 to last week, then brought in Suarez and Lukaku last week).

Many more repairs are obviously needed, but not sure where to start. Vlaar and Vidic are injured, so that's what I'm thinking this week.

- Vlaar to Brown (Sunderland have a good run)
    - Vidic to someone under 5.8 (don't have anything in the bank. Thinking Kolarov, but he's not a good long term choice probably).
    - Could also do both, but don't think it's worth a 4 point hit for a defender.

• Advertisement

Team is as follows:

Mig - Boruc

Suggestions for transfer(s) this week? (Made no transfers from GW5 to last week, then brought in Suarez and Lukaku last week).

Many more repairs are obviously needed, but not sure where to start. Vlaar and Vidic are injured, so that's what I'm thinking this week.

- Vidic to someone under 5.8 (don't have anything in the bank. Thinking Kolarov, but he's not a good long term choice probably).

I'd do Vlaar to Gabidon this week (Home to Newcastle) and Vidic to Mert next week as Arsenal have sweet fixtures after Chelsea.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    [IMG][/img]hy75.png

Have brought in Negredo and Ward for Remy and McCauley. Have 15 players who play every week which i will need over xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Will Dzeko start or should I take a 4 point hit to get in Negredo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Team is as follows:

Mig - Boruc

With a team like that since gameweek 5 you must be way down the standings! you've missed the Saurez train by months, instead of weeks!

Do we get another wildcard in January??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

masti123 wrote: »
    Do we get another wildcard in January??

yes thank god

Rikand wrote: »
    yes thank god

grand job, gonna use my one now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hogey007 wrote: »
    For anyone else looking at their keeper situation, Marshall is 4.6 and Mannone 4.2

Here's what you can be playing for the next 14 gameweeks by going with the home keeper taking you up to the start of march.

Norwich (h)
    Southampton (h)
    Sunderland (h)
    Villa (h)
    West Ham (h)
    Southampton (h)
    Stoke (h)
    Norwich (h)
    Hull (h)
    Villa (h)
    Hull (h)
    West Brom (h)
    Fulham (h)
    Palace (h)

of course i'm sure it won't work out as simple as that, westwood may throw a spanner in the works at some point but it should def get me through to the jan wildcard.

I pulled the trigger on mannone in for a 4 point hit, with news that westwood may face surgery I might stick with this keeper duo (above) for a while. Although it'll be interesting to see how Cardiff cope after the imminent sacking of Mackay.

westwood story - http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/sunderland-stopper-westwood-may-need-surgery-1-6328296

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I pulled the trigger on mannone in for a 4 point hit, with news that westwood may face surgery I might stick with this keeper duo (above) for a while. Although it'll be interesting to see how Cardiff cope after the imminent sacking of Mackay.

westwood story - http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/sunderland-stopper-westwood-may-need-surgery-1-6328296

That'll be "great" news if Westwood was going for surgery. You have me very much interested in this keeper combination. I had a look a their great fixtures pairing for the next 6-8 games but did not go as far as the next 14 GWs :eek: !!!!!! By the look of it making at least 10 CS out of these 14 games does not seem completly unrealistic. Of course it looks almost too good to be true...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Love making transfers early in the week this year, and sitting back as everyone panics second guesses and changes captain. Hasn't caught me much this year so far but helps thinking clearly

Advertisement