Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelchair Accessable Restaurant in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 14-12-2013 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice. I'm taking herself out for dinner next weekend as a Christmas treat.

Both of us are wheelchair users, so I'm looking for somewhere that's FULLY ACCESSIBLE. I want it to be a nice, romantic place too. Price doesn't matter either.

Cheers.

Edit: Sorry for the spelling mistake in the title!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi MM, I've moved this to the Dublin City forum because you're much more likely to get helpful replies in here. Posters in the Food & Drink forum are from all over.

*If you want to fix your title you just need to click on Edit, then on Go Advanced. That'll give you the opportunity to change it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Hi MM, I've moved this to the Dublin City forum because you're much more likely to get helpful replies in here. Posters in the Food & Drink forum are from all over.

*If you want to fix your title you just need to click on Edit, then on Go Advanced. That'll give you the opportunity to change it :)

Thanks. Posting from a mobile, so not sure if I can.......?

Anyone.......? I'll probably need to book this pretty sharpish.......?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

Anyone.......? I'll probably need to book this pretty sharpish.......?

I'd suggest either Fallon and Byrne restaurant (2nd floor but lift accessible) or L'gueuleton

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

There is a wheelchair friendly search on the Georgina Campbell webite:

http://www.ireland-guide.com/places-to-eat-wheelchair-friendly.html

• Advertisement

I'd suggest either Fallon and Byrne restaurant (2nd floor but lift accessible) or L'gueuleton

Where's the second one located?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

Not quite city centre but O'Connell's in Donnybrook is wheelchair friendly if I remember correctly (I think it's all on the flat). Plus the food is lovely.

Also, the restaurant upstairs in the Fitzwilliam Hotel is good (I can't remember the name of it right now... it'll come to me). The lift is just by the reception area and opens out directly at the restaurant level.

Edit: Citron! That's the name of the Fitzwilliam restaurant!

Twenty10 wrote: »

Is that for the whole country?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

Where's the second one located?

L'gueuleton is a ground floor restaurant on fade at, dublin 2

Cheers

• Advertisement

I think Trocadero is winning so far.....?

That website is hard to use on a mobile phone!!

Sorry, just seeing this now, was out. It is the whole country but you can do a search for Dublin alone.

Sorry, just seeing this now, was out. It is the whole country but you can do a search for Dublin alone.

Going to ring Fallon & Byrne tomorrow. Looks like a nice place.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Going to ring Fallon & Byrne tomorrow. Looks like a nice place.....?

Cracking place, great food, good atmosphere, lots of room. Good staff.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Cracking place, great food, good atmosphere, lots of room. Good staff.

They're booked out for the night I want. Any other suggestions?

They're booked out for the night I want. Any other suggestions?

I'd say everywheres booked up at this stage. You could try Coppinger Row? They don't normally take bookings, but give them a buzz. Explain your situation?

A few more options, described as wheelchair friendly, according to the GC website;

Saba
    Green19
    Brasserie Sixty6
    Diep Le Shaker

Two good hotel options which you might find it easier to get a booking at;

The Westin - Exchange Restaurant
    Brooks Hotel - Francescas Restaurant

I ate at The Exchange recently and thought it was fab. Also ate in Francescas a few years ago and would also recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Afroshack

Acupalco on George's Street is really nice if you like Mexican food. It's really lively and colourful with amazing cocktails - just make sure you ask to be put on the ground floor and mention the wheelchairs as some of the seats are a bit close together.

A few more options, described as wheelchair friendly, according to the GC website;

Saba
    Green19
    Brasserie Sixty6
    Diep Le Shaker

Two good hotel options which you might find it easier to get a booking at;

The Westin - Exchange Restaurant
    Brooks Hotel - Francescas Restaurant

I ate at The Exchange recently and thought it was fab. Also ate in Francescas a few years ago and would also recommend it.

Went for Brasserie 66 in the end......for this Friday

• Advertisement

Went for Brasserie 66 in the end......for this Friday

Night was a complete success. Food & location were fantastic. We both thoroughly enjoyed it, and will definitely go back!

Delighted to hear you both had a good evening! I haven't eaten there yet but its on my list to visit.

Good stuff from Brasserie 66,been there twice. It's hard to get food food this close to xmas with the work do's and the xmas menus, good stuff from twenty10 for the advice and good stuff from Mental Mickey for the review.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Good stuff from Brasserie 66,been there twice. It's hard to get food food this close to xmas with the work do's and the xmas menus, good stuff from twenty10 for the advice and good stuff from Mental Mickey for the review.

It was insanely busy when we were there, but we'd go back.

What's "Fire" Restaurant like??? Have booked a table there for Valentine's......

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭paudgenator

One I want to try..let us know what you think.

Tripadvisor is always worth checking..http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186605-d3686033-Reviews-Fire_Restaurant-Dublin_County_Dublin.html

One I want to try..let us know what you think.

Tripadvisor is always worth checking..http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186605-d3686033-Reviews-Fire_Restaurant-Dublin_County_Dublin.html

I'm looking for Boardsie's opinions too lol!

I was there recently as part of a large group of over 100. We had a set menu because of our group size. Food and service was very good, I also liked the room and decor.

It's not somewhere I would think of going as a party of two or four, personally I like smaller places and this dining room is huge. I imagine it would need to be at least half full to have a decent atmosphere.

That said I haven't been there in a small number so hopefully someone else can advise you on what it's actually like then.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

I went there a few years back as a couple and it wasn't as loud as I expected it to be. The place was full but it did still feel relatively intimate.

Try www.menupages.ie if you are looking for new places to try. you can search by cuisine, area of city etc and the site lists about 1500 places across Dublin you can eat at!

So enough places for you to eat out every night for over 4 years....;)

I find it interesting that there are more restaurants in Dublin than there are pubs and bars. Not many places in Ireland or the UK could claim that!

• Advertisement

I was there recently as part of a large group of over 100. We had a set menu because of our group size. Food and service was very good, I also liked the room and decor.

It's not somewhere I would think of going as a party of two or four, personally I like smaller places and this dining room is huge. I imagine it would need to be at least half full to have a decent atmosphere.

That said I haven't been there in a small number so hopefully someone else can advise you on what it's actually like then.

Damn. Was thinking of somewhere intimate! :-(

Advertisement