Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Group or individual help to prepare for Garda tests?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

STIG83 wrote: »
    Any day courses in Waterford?

Hey stig this guy runs courses in Waterford he's a former Garda sergeant

<mod snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lady Kitkat103

Hello are you still doing this!

I am freaking out about abstract reasoning! :((

I am in North Tipperary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Yes we still are giving each other a helping hand. The abstract reasoning is a bit of a nuisance alright. Did you join our facebook page? Practice makes perfect. Practice tests can be found online if you google them, I put up a few links on the facebook page. Link to the group is in my signature. :)

Whats yere facebook page???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Yes we still are giving each other a helping hand. The abstract reasoning is a bit of a nuisance alright. Did you join our facebook page? Practice makes perfect. Practice tests can be found online if you google them, I put up a few links on the facebook page. Link to the group is in my signature. :)

Hi, I dont have a facebook, could you possibly supply a link here to practise tests, ive googed loads but cant for the life of me find a tab version one

No problem. These links are somewhat similiar but do help a little.

Abstract reasoning
    http://www.west.net/~stewart/lsat/practice-questions-analytical-reasoning-1.htm

Verbal Reasoning
    http://www.verbalreasoningtest.org/

There should be practice tests supplied in your emails too? I you cant find them, they might be in your junk mail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

No problem. These links are somewhat similiar but do help a little.

Abstract reasoning
    http://www.west.net/~stewart/lsat/practice-questions-analytical-reasoning-1.htm

Verbal Reasoning
    http://www.verbalreasoningtest.org/

There should be practice tests supplied in your emails too? I you cant find them, they might be in your junk mail?

Thanks very much, have been doing the practise tests supplied, abstract im getting 6 out of 6, verbal 4 out of 6 but did get 6 out of 6 this evening. I just want to try a different version of it, the word 'Connectxx' is getting to me now :-D

Actually the link below is even better, they are the actual practice tests for the abstract and verbal reasoning.

http://pas.cut-e.com

Yea you need something other than the actual material sent. A few people never spotted it. The google links are different but good for an extra help. :)

Congrats to all who got through to stage two! For those that didn't, keep trying! ;)

• Advertisement

That's a shame. Yea it's my second time applying. I got caught with the numerical reasoning. I never liked maths.

Screw you numerical reasoning!

Thank god it wasn't in this recruitment

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Screw you numerical reasoning!

Thank god it wasn't in this recruitment

:D

It could be yet :P

Rothmans wrote: »
    It could be yet :P

....... :confused: :eek:

....... :confused: :eek:

Stage 3. Also, numerical reasoning hasn't made an appearance in 20 years, so I don't doubt that it may re-emerge.

Stage 3. Also, numerical reasoning hasn't made an appearance in 20 years, so I don't doubt that it may re-emerge.

With a bit of luck it won't raise its ugly head

Numerical reasoning
    your mark 0 pass mark 1

hahahaha

How did you get on??

With a bit of luck it won't raise its ugly head

Numerical reasoning
    your mark 0 pass mark 1

hahahaha

How did you get on??

Band one, came in top 200. Happy with that, but not complacent :P. Wbu?

• Advertisement

Band one, came in top 200. Happy with that, but not complacent :P. Wbu?

Well done :D Band 2 happy enough waiting game for me tho! :)

Just thinking about the news about all the bugging and problems in the organisation... There hasn't been any news on the fact that nearly 25000 have gotten results today... that 12000 have been placed in bands and could be the future of the organisation!

Kind of sad :(

Well done :D Band 2 happy enough waiting game for me tho! :)

Just thinking about the news about all the bugging and problems in the organisation... There hasn't been any news on the fact that nearly 25000 have gotten results today... that 12000 have been placed in bands and could be the future of the organisation!

Kind of sad :(

I noticed that too, but at the same time its hardly newsworthy. Very important for the applicants of course, but I don't think the media will not be reporting on this until the next class is taken in!

I noticed that too, but at the same time its hardly newsworthy. Very important for the applicants of course, but I don't think the media will not be reporting on this until the next class is taken in!

I would like to be mentioned.... well Id like to say ya that's me, I'm apart of that

:p:)

I would like to be mentioned.... well Id like to say ya that's me, I'm apart of that

:p:)

Ah yeah I know what ya mean.

Anywho, I'm off to bed. The daily grind awaits me at 0900.

Good luck in your application if I'm not talking to you in the meantime :D

Ah yeah I know what ya mean.

Anywho, I'm off to bed. The daily grind awaits me at 0900.

Good luck in your application if I'm not talking to you in the meantime :D

You too let us all know how you get on in stage 2!! :o:):rolleyes::p

• Advertisement
Advertisement