Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there an alerternative to the hkc gsm unit?

Options
  • 14-12-2013 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

Hi all, parents havent had a phone line for years and are looking to set up some form of monitoring for their alarm, its a hkc 8/12. Now the hkc gsm would be my 1st choice because I've used it before and never had any issue's and the functions are quite handy. The cost of it is whats putting them off is there any other gsm unit on the market that has the same functionality as the hkc gsm unit?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You will get any number of generic GSM digis for much cheaper. They will monitor & send you texts , but you wont get all the extra controls & information etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

KoolKid wrote: »
    You will get any number of generic GSM digis for much cheaper. They will monitor & send you texts , but you wont get all the extra controls & information etc.

Yeah I was wondering if there was one in particular or which one would be the closest to the hkc gsm in relation to extra controls?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No, all the other would be just taking outputs from the panel to trigger a generic alarm message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

yeah thought as much, its just the cost of the hkc gsm, why is it so bloody expensive? would have thought it would have come down a bit over the years

Advertisement