Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming Options for a TV

Options
  • 14-12-2013 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm looking to get a new TV and am looking to be able to stream movies to it as well as having the option for RTE Player. Also watching Sports on the TV will be a priority.

I was looking at the Samsung Smart TVs or a seperate TV with the SMART TV box.

If people have online options for ordering other than pixmania please let me know. Are people happy enough ordering off pixmania or would they have any problems doing this.

As I looked at this a bit more I thought about options for streaming and I came across the Minix neo x7 and I could set up the RTE Player on this as follows:
    http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152897

I have an Android tablet so I could also set this up on this but that leaves me the problem of having a device to stream it across. Are the games consoles a cheap way of doing perhaps a playstation, xbox etc. bearing in mind I don't own one of these at the moment.

Also I will Stream the movies off the laptop but can I have the hard drive connected to what ever streaming device and copy the movies from the laptop to the hard drive. I appreciate this might be difficult because of all the variables I am mentioning.

I'd appreciate peoples inputs on this and if I have got this arseways I apologise.

Thanks,
    David

Advertisement