Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus to Dunnes in Knocknacarra

Options
  • 14-12-2013 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

Hey

Just wondering where and what bus number would I need to get, to get me to Dunnes in Knocknacarra?

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Bus Eireann #405 from Eyre Square, Dunnes Stores is at the terminus. Alternatively you could get CityDirect 412, you need to get off at or before the bottle bank on the Western Distributor. The driver will tell you. Both buses leave from Eyre Square.

More info here: http://www.galwaytransport.info/2008/12/knocknacarra-area-see-map-at-bottom-of.html

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

From where? :)

Put your exact locations and relevant dates and times into www.a-b.ie and tweak the settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Bus Eireann #405 from Eyre Square, Dunnes Stores is at the terminus. Alternatively you could get CityDirect 412, you need to get off at or before the bottle bank on the Western Distributor. The driver will tell you. Both buses leave from Eyre Square.

More info here: http://www.galwaytransport.info/2008/12/knocknacarra-area-see-map-at-bottom-of.html

Yup ... but just to be picky ... bus 405 - Rahoon.

405 - Ballybane goes in totally the other direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Victor wrote: »
    From where? :)

Put your exact locations and relevant dates and times into www.a-b.ie and tweak the settings.

Had a look at that website. Never knew it existed.

Now, I don't want to be pedantic but it's showing phantom bus stops on at least one road I know of.

What database does it rely on?

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Now, I don't want to be pedantic but it's showing phantom bus stops on at least one road I know of.

What database does it rely on?
    It is a series of databases from each of the operators.

Where are the stops wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Victor wrote: »
    It is a series of databases from each of the operators.

Where are the stops wrong?

Are the black circles bus stop locations by any chance? Perhaps I'm misreading the map...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

The 405 leaves from opposite Fibber Magees pub in Eyre Square.

You can use www.google.com/transit now for buses in Galway...

6PGKQm.jpg

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Are the black circles bus stop locations by any chance? Perhaps I'm misreading the map...
    Yes.

Advertisement