Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - average cost of living

Options
  • 14-12-2013 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

considering moving to Dublin after years abroad. Anyone able to advise on average rent and cost of living - job is a reasonable one, but i have no idea what life in the city would cost!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭5p9arw38djv2b4

Bumping if anyone has insights!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

are you going to be eating out,smoker,drinker.will you have a car
    do you want to live on your own,what is now smokes 8 euros,drink 5-6 euros
    eating out 25 euro with out drinks

where are you coming from supermarket nearly double uk prices or same as usa

bus fare about 2 euro

petrol 1.50 liter

http://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/renting_dublin/1_beds/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Coming from UK.

Bringing a car (1.4 corsa)

Yes to occasional eating out, weekend drinks.

I guess regular prices for gym, cinema, an idea of buying lunch at lunchtime or weekly shopping would help if anyone can help

Hopefully live in cycling distance to work.

Rent seems high so I'm hoping double ensuite in shared house for around 600.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

The cost of all of those massively depends on how often you use them and where you are going to be located. If you go to the cinema in town a lot then get a Cineworld card and if you don't need a pool at the gym then there is one in Phibsboro for €249 for the year I haven't been there doesn't look great from the outside but always seems to be people inside. You can get a decent enough take away lunch for €5 and have plenty of options lots of places do lunch deals around town.

• Advertisement

Thanks all - very grateful. Work will be in D1 so I will take a look at postcodes mentioned.

Advertisement