Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Town centres after the cities to rise

Options
  • 14-12-2013 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

After the property prices have stabilised in the cities what town centres will we see rising after that. I know it will be a while but all the same ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What are you basing this theory on? If any town centres rise, it'll be the towns very close to Dublin, with fast transport links to Dublin. I doubt there'll be any more Cavan type commutes from the Celtric era being seen as "good", if for nothing else than fuel costs (I'm guessing about €150 a week?).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

In what year? 2014 or 2024?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Here lads, I'm still waiting for this "crash" to happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

moxin wrote: »
    In what year? 2014 or 2024?

Doesn't matter. Either .

the_syco wrote: »
    What are you basing this theory on? If any town centres rise, it'll be the towns very close to Dublin, with fast transport links to Dublin. I doubt there'll be any more Cavan type commutes from the Celtric era being seen as "good", if for nothing else than fuel costs (I'm guessing about €150 a week?).

That's the property cycle. Plus the government want to win the election in 2016. They will be no different than any other and will try to buy the vote. Watch cash we Dont have been thrown at projects over next two years. Already mentioned reducing tax rate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Dublin is the only town centre that is going to rise. Dublin is the only city that is getting foreign investment at the moment. Most people want to live in Dublin and not 1 hour on the motorway like 10 years ago. Dublin services sector is still growing and there is large demand from foreign language students.

Why would house prices rise outside of Dublin other than another poorly thought tax scheme?

hfallada wrote: »
    Dublin is the only town centre that is going to rise. Dublin is the only city that is getting foreign investment at the moment. Most people want to live in Dublin and not 1 hour on the motorway like 10 years ago. Dublin services sector is still growing and there is large demand from foreign language students.

Why would house prices rise outside of Dublin other than another poorly thought tax scheme?

For now Dublin is the place alright. But like the boom people want to live in other locations. The government start to loosen the tax bands and spend on other projects people will have more money in their pockets and they will spend with confidence. This creates competition in place I or you may not want to live.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

For now Dublin is the place alright. But like the boom people want to live in other locations. The government start to loosen the tax bands and spend on other projects people will have more money in their pockets and they will spend with confidence. This creates competition in place I or you may not want to live.

When there is increased employment there will be a subsequent increase in demand for housing. If the demand can't be met in Dublin because of increased prices the demand will spread out the motorways.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    When there is increased employment there will be a subsequent increase in demand for housing. If the demand can't be met in Dublin because of increased prices the demand will spread out the motorways.

We are focusing our resources on hightec and research type posts- which are far more likely to cluster around international transport links, than they are the motorways.

Look at west Dublin- and HP/Intel etc- they were convinced to locate there by availability of development land, and perceived proximity to Dublin airport. The Sandyford area- boomed once the M50 linkup was finished- for the same reason. Perhaps an argument could be made for a similar cluster in North Dublin/Meath- however we have all the low lying apples picked already.

I don't see any massive increase in demand for housing in Cavan- or even Leitrim- both have massive surpluses even in high population areas (Carrick-on-Shannon anybody?) Clare- with its access to Shannon- is another area with a deficit in housing- for precisely this reason.

I think no more than 40 mins from Dublin for the next few years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Is this 2003?

Ipso wrote: »
    Is this 2003?

Double checked its 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭jython98

the_syco wrote: »

Absolutely, this topic has been discussed in more details here http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=61163&hilit=naas

Advertisement