Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet issue

Options
  • 14-12-2013 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭

About 14 months ago i picked up a android tablet which was great until around September when I had to return my tablet to the store because it stopped charging properly some times taking 14 hours to charge 80% ,the shop took it in under warranty for 2 weeks when I picked up the tablet I was informed the tablet was charging but the tech admitted he hasn't seen it charge more than 40%
    And the had contacted the manufacturer who supposed said it wasn't a defect on the tablet, it was in fact the boxed charging cable was causing the issue and told the store to just replace the lead now 2 months later the issue is still here and the USB port is actually quite loose ,and cant get a full charge,
    Do i have any comeback with this as it was returned to be fixed under warranty to which I honestly don't think it was
    Even opened up just left on a shelf for two weeks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Yes you've come back for upto six years. As the previous repair was not permanent you can seek a replacement or refund or another repair if you're feeling generous.

Batteries are arguably consumables. Arguments can be made if they are not replaceable. Obviously if it's the charger that's a different issue anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Bepolite wrote: »
    Yes you've come back for upto six years. As the previous repair was not permanent you can seek a replacement or refund or another repair if you're feeling generous.

Batteries are arguably consumables. Arguments can be made if they are not replaceable. Obviously if it's the charger that's a different issue anyway.

The issue seems to be the USB charging port apparently a known issue on this brand they weaken and loosen over a relative short period

Advertisement