Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archery stabiliser????

Options
  • 14-12-2013 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all on boards.ie
    I am about to buy a stabiliser for my bow, I am not sure what length I shoud get to stay within my current class which is "Junior boys bowhunter recurve" and i dont want to go into the "Junior boys unlimited recurve"(its something like that) as there is not enough challenge. all i want to know is what is the maximum lenght for a stabilier to have in my current class. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Bowhunter Recurve, so I'm assuming the IFAA code of rules:

This is from the 'Archers Handbook' of rules available on the IFAA site:

k. One straight stabiliser, coupling device included, if used, not exceeding twelve inch as measured from the back of the bow may be used. No forked stabiliser or any counter balance will be legal. The plunger (where the stabiliser is screwed in) is part of the stabiliser.

The full rules are available to download by clicking here.

As I haven't read the full set of rules I'm assuming the rules don't change with age classification.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Advertisement