If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth Speaker

Options
  • 14-12-2013 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Am now looking for a bluetooth speaker for the iPhone

Remember seeing some on here

Am also a Macbook person and have a NAS with music on it

Wondering also about Airplay

Any reccommendations appreciated

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Folks

Am now looking for a bluetooth speaker for the iPhone

Remember seeing some on here

Am also a Macbook person and have a NAS with music on it

Wondering also about Airplay

Any reccommendations appreciated
    If you are just looking for a simple but really top notch bluetooth speaker with great battery life (up to 18 hours! or you can use mains of course..) and excellent audio quality - then there's really one hot product this Christmas and it's the Cambridge Audio Minx Go - we are selling 1000's of them this Christmas - and really struggling to keep them available from stock - have a look at the Minx Go winning the What Hifi Wireless speakers & Docks best product of the year this year:
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/cambridge-audio-minx-go

CambridgeMinxGowhite.jpg

The Minx go is just amazing value at £99.95 / €122.99

If you wanted a unit that did Bluetooth / Airplay and was DLNA for your NAs drive - that gets a little more interesting! - my preference here would be the Denon DSD501 at £249.95: http://www.whathifi.com/review/denon-cocoon-stream-dsd-501 it really does offer you all the options and sounds amazing!

Thanks again and drop us a line if you have any other queries and if you would like to order or chat through the options pop us a PM or a mail with your contact details to sales@richersounds.ie and we will do our  best to help.

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

I rarely get annoyed on Boards - but posts like this do annoy me - brand new poster - only 2 posts both advertising a company in China with no retail presence here - if they ship to you - they ship without duty paid - leaving the Customer not knowing if they will actually receive the goods and how much they will cost as the advertised prices don't include any vat or duties payable. Goods come with a 6 month warranty ( unless they are discotinued - then there is no warranty!! and if there is any problem - you have to send the goods back to China at your own cost..)

and just as a small detail - the new poster didnt even bother to look to see what the OP was looking for - I cant see that any of these units are Airplay or DLNA ready for the OP's NAS drive etc..

Ah well..

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I rarely get annoyed on Boards - but posts like this do annoy me - brand new poster - only 2 posts both advertising a company in China with no retail presence here - if they ship to you - they ship without duty paid - leaving the Customer not knowing if they will actually receive the goods and how much they will cost as the advertised prices don't include any vat or duties payable. Goods come with a 6 month warranty ( unless they are discotinued - then there is no warranty!! and if there is any problem - you have to send the goods back to China at your own cost..)

and just as a small detail - the new poster didnt even bother to look to see what the OP was looking for - I cant see that any of these units are Airplay or DLNA ready for the OP's NAS drive etc..

Ah well..

John Mc
    Hi John

Post was gone, so could not see what it was about, I will be in contact about the Cambridge Later

Thanks

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Ah well..

John Mc
    Hi John

Post was gone, so could not see what it was about, I will be in contact about the Cambridge Later

Thanks

DT
    No problem DT - I've removed my post as well otherwise anyonc checking this out will think we have all lost the plot!

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.