Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lamping near Croom Co. Limerick

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eagle nest

I am new to this as I have only come to light about this scenario where persons are suppose to have fired shots from a shotgun outside someone's back door at rabbits which is total madness.i myself shoot the croom and Kilfinny area for foxes and game.i would also strongly advise persons to shoot game by day and take the fox at night. From the previous post I can honestly say that I have never seen a deer in croom. I would also suggest that the person who brought up this subject about shooting the rabbits to (prove his case) as this has brought a lot of questions to the legit shooters and hunters of croom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 85levin

The hospital to nursing home the back road thats where I heard it if you know the area you will know. No I did not report it cause I do a good bit of fox shooting myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

85levin wrote: »
    The hospital to nursing home the back road thats where I heard it if you know the area you will know. No I did not report it cause I do a good bit of fox shooting myself.

As I said I don't want to name the area but yes it is this general area further north and east is also having problems.. I assume (for the moment) it's the same small group causing the problem..

Although I didn't hear they were specifically after rabbits just that they were lamping. .

Heard the shots and looked out There are only rabbits in that field and had a dog picking them up so they never left the jeep

• Registered Users Posts: 4 whitetiphunter

knipex wrote: »
    I am a shooter. I have no problem with shooting as a sport or lampers. (although I don't lamp myself).

My post was about twats shooting around houses and animals, on lands where they had no permission.

Anyone who shoots respectfully and within the law has nothing to worry about so I am really struggling as to why some are getting so defensive.... If you are above board and only shooting on land where you have permission away from homes and animals you have nothing to worry about.

On the other had those that shoot on land without permission or shoot close to people's homes (close enough to leave pellets on a patio) THEY are the ones damaging "the honourable" reputation of the sport.

I have no intension on naming the farmer or giving the location of his land (same thing). He has had enough grief and I really don't want the twats just avoiding a specific location because they know it's being watched. I would much rather they be too nervous to break the law anywhere..

Any decent shooter will condemn people who shoot on land without permission or shoot near homes and would make a point of reporting those that do.

We now know where they were parking and the next time they are out we will be taking pictures and they will be reported and I will do everything I can to ensure they will not have their licences renewed..

Knipex if you do not lamp at all why would the farmer have rang you?
    Why would you not have approached fellow shooters in the area or notified the gun club top table members?
    The reason why I was getting "defensive" as you called it is because shooters in the croom area would be the number one suspects!!
    It does not matter now thanks to 85levin, its a jeep we are looking for lamping off the road using a shotgun to shoot rabbits and a dog to pick them.
    That's me cleared from possible public assumptions as to who the culprit could be.
    Now only the culprits need worry about being approached by angry farmers or members of the public instead of innocent shooters being the accused as there was originally no description...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Eagle nest

We'll said that's all people wanted to no besides making a big story of it knipex I think you should have told your story with more facts.You can't paint all lampers with the 1 brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 whitetiphunter

foxpie wrote: »
    what im trying to say is, if i go out tonight lamping around that area, am i the 1 that will be blamed for this fracous that happened last week...... this is the point im trying to make...... i dont shoot at night with a shotgun and i dont go blowing up sods in peoples gardens. on the night in question where they shooting foxs or rabbits.

Your dead right in what you were saying there Foxpie it's exactly the point I was trying to put across. Any innocent legitimate shooter could have been targeted by angry members of the public for what was posted. I myself was just trying to get some clarification on the situation so that people would have an understanding of what really went on and also protect fellow shooters from possible conflict while shooting. Now people can prove that they had no connection to the carry on that offended land and home owners in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭EP90

Your dead right in what you were saying there Foxpie it's exactly the point I was trying to put across. Any innocent legitimate shooter could have been targeted by angry members of the public for what was posted. I myself was just trying to get some clarification on the situation so that people would have an understanding of what really went on and also protect fellow shooters from possible conflict while shooting. Now people can prove that they had no connection to the carry on that offended land and home owners in the area.

Nothing has been proved as to who the lampers were. The ‘general public’ doesn’t read this forum so still be on your guard for angry members of the public !!
    Knipex only highlighted an illegal practice that cast a shadow on the hunting fraternity and didn’t point the finger at someone or group. Apparently a forum member saw the illegal practice and didn’t report it. This indicates that Knipex wasn’t putting up a story that was “was fabricated for notice and to cause a row”. Read previous posts for references..
    Maybe you guys in that area shouldn’t be bickering about protecting your own arses but get out there a nail the idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 foxpie

I would like to thank 85LEVIN for his information for it is very helpful, and i know this area very well as i travel this road every day. It is very true that there is alot of horse's in this area which i personaly think should not be shot with or without permission when there is a very high value stock there,,,,,these animals are a lot easier to startle than cattle or sheep....But when u leave this area and go north,east u are gone into another district which is not the croom area. ANOTHER FACT is that the public do read this forum because there is nothing to stop them from doing so, and word of mouth travels fast. Now the culprits or poachers probably have this found out and more than likely wont return. If at the very start a location or close to the location was given, a lot of hassel could have been avoided. Where as now people will think that all lampers are bad news, for example step into my shoe's, if i ur area and caused a disturbance by shooting rabbits and causeing hassel, wouldn't u do everything in ur power to protect ur good name and ur fellow shooters in ur area. Further more,if it had been reported to the gunclub and local lampers last week and if it was kept lowkey then they would have came back for more rabbits. then we would have caught them and u knipex would have got a massive thank u, but now after all the publicety, the culprits are gone and the legit lampers are left here assumed to be the culprits..... SO THANKS FOR NOTHING

Well the latest in bed last night and 12 on the button 2 shot gun shots and drove my dogs mad They must not read this forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

EP90 wrote: »
    Nothing has been proved as to who the lampers were. The ‘general public’ doesn’t read this forum so still be on your guard for angry members of the public !!
    Knipex only highlighted an illegal practice that cast a shadow on the hunting fraternity and didn’t point the finger at someone or group. Apparently a forum member saw the illegal practice and didn’t report it. This indicates that Knipex wasn’t putting up a story that was “was fabricated for notice and to cause a row”. Read previous posts for references..
    Maybe you guys in that area shouldn’t be bickering about protecting your own arses but get out there a nail the idiots.

+1

This thread has been a funny read from the new members.

Good work, keep it up :pac:.....
    85levin wrote: »
    Well the latest in bed last night and 12 on the button 2 shot gun shots and drove my dogs mad they must not read this forum

The question must be asked, can they read at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭EP90

Well Foxiepie that’s blown that theory. They’re out there again…….
    The public can read this forum, but I would suggest that unless they have an interest in shooting, they probably don’t. I also don’t think the ‘poachers’ would belong to, or read a legitimate forum. Alternatively it could be as Aussie suggests….
    As for keeping low key, maybe a PM to the original poster would have given you the info. needed without having to go public.
    As entertaining as this thread is I’m bowing out, but you guys down there should really get your act together and get these bandits, they’re taking the piss out of you.
    Maybe 85levin should inform the local vigilantes, Gardia next time.
    Good luck Knipex, I hope you get it sorted. Would be a nice Xmas present if you did..

Advertisement