Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divisional Round

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

madalig12 wrote: »
    Patriots @ Chiefs. 28-42
    Bears @ Cowboys. 32-36
    Broncos @ Jets. 24-38
    Seahawks @ Vikings. 45-48 in OT.

That's my predictions anyhow.

You were very close with this one, I can't remember the actual score though. I didn't win anyway. Thats all that matters. I was down by 17 points in the first quarter I think due to a field goal that landed on the bar and fell back out on my first drive. Then I was able to stop Mikey for a field goal. My next two drives I threw two picks. First quarter just killed me. :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

guns4all wrote: »
    Chiefs squeeze past the Patriots 45-42.

Game was a classic came down to Brady vs Charles, the Pats QB tossing 6 TDs and Charles running in 6 on the ground.

Each team threw an INT but the real turning point was a fumble by Thompkins as he was about to break free and score.

Great chat all game and both managers laughed at the ridiculous amount of missed tackles by both teams.

Good luck in the conference game Perrin and see ya next season.

Its back to the drawing board for the Patriots management team so!!
    Squeeze is the word,gg Guns and good chat.
    For an idea on how tight the game was the scoring by quarter was this

Patriots 7 14 14 14
    Chiefs 7 14 14 17

The game really could have went either way,the fumble was the turning point,I hadn't been able to stop the Patriots all game and I think I was down a TD in the 3rd quarter so I really needed some sort of break and was lucky enough to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

Berty44 wrote: »
    See you then !!!

Any chance we could move the game forward to 7.15? Have been reminded by my better half of commitment....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Any chance we could move the game forward to 7.15? Have been reminded by my better half of commitment....

I hate when I forget the anniversary too

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

Broncos 42-35 Jets

Two men met tete a tete and my word...there was much begrudging. Never aimed at one other another though, only at the game! Two natural lovers of the defence half-heartedly moved the ball up and down the field. We forced one punt each, despite solid coverage and playcalling throughout.. In our hearts Berty we know what this match up might been. Ah well...Madden 15? :)

Anyway. The game swung on a late 2nd q int return by C.Harris that gave the Broncos a one score lead. We then returned the kickoff after the break to the house. I was genuinely pleased when the Jets returned one later on. Kickoffs are a joke in this game.

That one int mistake was really all that separated us.

Hopefully see you at the next drinks outing, Berty.Sound man.

Chiefs next. I have tomahawks to grind with those guys...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Yep game basically decided on the one mistake I made. Should have been happy going in to the half level but instead tried to squeeze in a score with too little time remaining. Otherwise it was simply offences dominating.

Congrats and good luck in the rest of the playoffs, really enjoyed our long chat !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

This seems to be a big trend here this year, this year it comes down to which offense makes a mistake first or when which team returns a kickoff. Compared to last year where a good defensive guy could force the 3 and out,

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    This seems to be a big trend here this year, this year it comes down to which offense makes a mistake first or when which team returns a kickoff. Compared to last year where a good defensive guy could force the 3 and out,

This has been the factor in all my games in the regular season. The game between myself and Mikey actually saw some good defense though and it was decided by Mikey and his super User picks. Which has been a pet hate of mine for a long time.

Oh and a field goal which hit the bar and bounced out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

In this version a FG or a punt is nearly as bad as an interception, you need to be scoring on almost every possesion in order to win.

I was amazed to see I had the number 1 defense in the regular season. I thought my defense was pretty poor at times plus I was CPU for the last 2 games and gave up loads of yards but still ended up with the best defense which says a lot about how the game is this year.

Adrian! Join the cup comp so that you can have a tryout of the sliders to see what you think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Raoul wrote: »
    Adrian! Join the cup comp so that you can have a tryout of the sliders to see what you think.

Hey, I'm not around for the next week to 10 days so not much point in signing up to this, but sounds like a great idea on rating the teams and having a budget.

Advertisement