Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

second will ????

Options
  • 14-12-2013 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there...i am in a bit of a dilemma...i was the main beneficiary of a estate which was left to me in 2010, upon the death of a relation.part of the will stipulated that i had to give monies to four relations...this i have done since...know the solicitor who over saw my deceased relations last will..and is executor of the will...has written to me 3months ago requesting that i furnish him with a bank draft for a amount which wasnt mentioned in the will which was shown to me in 2010...know if i new this fifth person was to be paid any money...i would have renaged on all aspect .of the will ...know the solicitor has furnished me with a document and the deceased signature on it..but its not dated the date as his last will...its dated after this date....is this normal practice...with solicitors......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

Legal discussion would be the best place for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gertrude2

You should look at the will that was handed into the Probate Office. That's the legal document which dictates who gets what.
    Look on www.courts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10 muckyme2

Sorry about that...how can i move it to legal discussion...???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

muckyme2 wrote: »
    Sorry about that...how can i move it to legal discussion...???
    Don't waste your time: they don't allow people to seek or give legal advice.

You should act on Gertrude2's suggestion that you contact the probate office and ask to see the will. It's a public document, and you are entitled to see it.

If the solicitor has misled you about the will then you will need to hire a solicitor of your own to take action for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Legal Discussion forum does not allow the giving of legal advice and neither do we. You really should consult with a professional.

Thread closed.

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement