Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lurcher men / women

Options
  • 14-12-2013 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Any lurcher folk on here? if so hows yer season going so far? Myself ive had a big set back with my lad hitting a dike and doing bad ligament / muscle damage :(. i also have a bitch but she not in same class as the dog :( Hows everyone elses season going? R.D
    Tagged:

Comments

I lost my lurcher few years ago, thinking about getting a new pup, great day out with a good hound

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭ferrete

Mine going well she flying judt gettin the ground to run her is hard in my area. An nt out as often as I could so she nt as fit as she should b onky got 4 this season with her n I mean foxes but she does rabbits 2

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

ive had a good season on the foxes but I have found the rabbits very hard to come across,17 REM if yer looking for a pup in jan let me know I have very well bred pups here,cheap as chips and both parents taking a plethora of everything,saluki based pups with greyhound thrown in.give me a pm and I'll go through the stuff we hunt.the coursing folk are very militant this year,over x mass I hope to get a lot of stuff done and fill the freezer with dog food.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DEMOLISHER

watsbest way to get them at foxes , my lad was nose to nose wit his first fox other night ,think fact fox stood his ground confused the dog who ended up getting nipped in nose,

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

Im ccompany many times demolisher,and depending on the breed and maturaty,I dont leave them see a fox till at least 18-24 months and thats after they have had a lot of confidence building by catching easier game.The last thing you want is an inexperienced dog getting a pounding on its first ever fox,get him in with another dog and let him be last in,let the experienced dog get a good hold and when your dog shoots in he is less likely to take pain.after a few he has to then handle things himself and you wont be long finding out if hes got the minerals for the job.best of luck with your dog and I hope he does all you would like him to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 running dogs

great to hear others are doing well, im also finding rabbits hard to come by:( means alot of travelling to keep the dogs going strong but its worth it !

edited to say : foxes are everywhere i wonder could this be the reason the rabbits are scarce ?

Advertisement