Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cbr 600 buggy

Options
  • 15-12-2013 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all looking for some advice, I recently bought a motoroma buggy for €200 and it was rough. It had a honda gy125 engine with a 5 speed gearbox and it didn't run. I will probably put it in a quad sometime. I am looking at getting a cbr600 engine or a Kawasaki zzr600 engine to go in the buggy. I know there are people that know tons more than me about motorbikes so if you know anything about either engines please post below. Thanks

Sorry this thread is messy by but I am only on boards 5 mins

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Don't just think about the engine when your building this thing.

The brakes will have to be up to this new lease of power your giving it, as will the cage. I'm not sure about the buggy in question but most of those have crappy cable driven brakes so an upgrade to the brakes would be a must in my opinion.

When we went about building a 600cc kart we built the frame ourselves and spent two years of weekends getting it right.

Finished with rack and pinion steering not like the usual crap in karts.
    Proper hydraulic brakes from a donor bike.
    High speed bearings in the hubs to replace what would have collapsed in no time etc..

So take your time and plan effectively to save money fixing problems or bits of yourself :) Our No.1 problem was gearing, going from a large moto wheel to a 4.5 inch go kart wheel mean't huge gearing changes so maths and new sprockets are needed, otherwise our kart would have done about 20mph flat out. WIth correct gearing now it could go 90mph, limited to that to stop us going harder!!

You'll have all these troubles and I really think that them motorma's have a cage for withstanding 20mph crashes and not 600cc stuff, maybe it's time for a welder and lots of 2" tubing!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Flaming toaster

Hi thanks a lot for posting. My buggy has hydraulic disc brakes on front and a hydraulic motorbike brake on the back. Clutch pedal is installed. The frame will get some bars welded in to form triangulation and a 4 point harness is installed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

After that it's gearing then as your sprocket from the 125 won't accept the 600's chain and will be too highly geared anyway.
    Best of luck with it man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bolster4103

Hey I know the post was from a while ago but how did you get on with it? I’ve a CBR600RR which I will be pulling apart over the weekend and putting into a buggy

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

These sound great fun and something I would like to build sometime. But then I wonder where could you use them. Do people just do drag race type runs in industrial parks or what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

st1979 wrote: »
    These sound great fun and something I would like to build sometime. But then I wonder where could you use them. Do people just do drag race type runs in industrial parks or what.

Legally the only place you can use them on your own property or a closed off road area, getting the property owners permission can be difficult to impossible because of insurance.

Advertisement