Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonably priced, no frills hairdresser

Options
  • 15-12-2013 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

I'm looking for a hairdresser in the D15 area, which is first of all reasonably priced, but also not too much fuss. By which I mean I don't need a hair salon that turns getting a haircut into some sort of styling/fashion nuisance...

I have a rather pragmatic attitude towards my hair, and all I need is a decent trim/cut that is easy to maintain.
    Going by previous experiences it also seems impossible to find a hairdresser that does a dry cut for women? I have short hair and fail to see the difference to cutting a man's hair, who are not normally subjected to the full shampoo-rinse-condition-rinse-and-repeat ordeal...

Anyway, any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Define reasonably priced? I go to a wonderful woman in Hartstown who charges half what I was paying in Charlestown and under a third of what I paid in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

I went to a polish hairdresser in coolmine as I have short hair and I hate to spend at least 40 euro to be honest!
    They were ok and they are really busy.
    I have a really easy cut though and I hate anyway to go to the hairdresser :P

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Go to a barber if all you want is a haircut my friend does and all she pays is €10

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

I've been going to Anne's, just beside the Clonsilla Inn for a few years now. Always in and out within 30mins. She has some specials on at the min too, 20% off.
    http://annesdesigninhair.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Cut 'n' Style in Mountview does ladies short cuts for under 20 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

jsabina wrote: »
    I went to a polish hairdresser in coolmine as I have short hair and I hate to spend at least 40 euro to be honest!
    They were ok and they are really busy.
    I have a really easy cut though and I hate anyway to go to the hairdresser :P

This sounds like what I'm looking for, where exactly in Coolmine is this?
    Morag wrote: »
    Cut 'n' Style in Mountview does ladies short cuts for under 20 euro.

This one also sounds promising...

Thanks a million for all suggestions, with reasonably priced I mean around €20-30 for a simple trim of short hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

This is the website
    http://www.boshka.ie/index.php/salon

I think I paid 20 or 25!
    Nice thread btw so I will have more options as well :D

jsabina wrote: »
    This is the website
    http://www.boshka.ie/index.php/salon

I think I paid 20 or 25!
    Nice thread btw so I will have more options as well :D

The seem to be very popular, booked out until Christmas...! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭miss misty

Ok, as were on the hairdressers anyone know if there is a local (Dublin 15) hairdresser open on the 27th. Dec. I have a wedding to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I *think* the Gossip Column in Blanch village is, you'd have to ring to check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I *think* the Gossip Column in Blanch village is, you'd have to ring to check.

I think it may be too - it's a great hairdresser!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭miss misty

Thanks guys I'll check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

5unflower wrote: »
    The seem to be very popular, booked out until Christmas...! :eek:

lot of polish girl live in area and it's easier communication ;)

Just to follow this up, it was a very positive experience with this salon in the end. Even though they were booked out before the holidays, they rang me last Friday when they had a cancellation.

Great place, very reasonably priced as suggested by jsabina above, I payed €20 for a wash/cut. Exactly what I was looking for, will certainly use them again!

lot of polish girl live in area and it's easier communication ;)

Fair point I guess, and a salon being busy can only be a good sign anyway. I'm neither Polish nor Irish, so the language doesn't really matter at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

:D good glad im to hear that. Going to go to them some time in the new year. Asked around as well lot of good reviews and styles.

Advertisement