Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

outdoor pir for hkc system

Options
  • 15-12-2013 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I recently had some intruders on the roof of a new rear extension.

Thankfully they didnt get in this time but I have 2 veluxs on that roof that are not on my alarm system.

My system is hkc, 7 years old and working fine. Ive no pirs but vibration sensors and contacts on all doors and windows. The veluxs are a problem. There is not much chance of getting a cable to them at this stage.

Im looking to do one of the following as a solution- any advice would be appreciated!

1. Wireless contacts on the veluxs. ( I guess this would mean adding some equipment to my existing hkc panel?)

2. An internal pir in the room with the veluxs. (Could this be wired off the existing sliding door contact in the same room)?

3. An external pir on the extension roof. Im favouring this option as the roof gives access to both the veluxs and 3 upstairs windows. Can an outdoor pir be wired off a local contact or does it have to be wired to the panel.
    I couldnt find an external pir on hkcs site though. Also im a bit worried about false alarms with an external pir.

Any advice or other suggestions appreciated. Im also looking to add a text dialler to the panel.

Im an electrician myself so the wiring part isnt a problem. I dont touch alarms though so I would be looking to get an alarm installer to connect.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

1 you could add a single channel receiver at the panel and wire into one zone. You can add a number of wireless devices then.
    2 this would depend on is there is enough spare cores on the cable..
    3 this is not really a good solution for domestic. If you did want to go with these you don't need HKC devices. Any generic external pir will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ALMAG

KoolKid wrote: »
    1 you could add a single channel receiver at the panel and wire into one zone. You can add a number of wireless devices then.
    2 this would depend on is there is enough spare cores on the cable..
    3 this is not really a good solution for domestic. If you did want to go with these you don't need HKC devices. Any generic external pir will work.

Thanks for the advice kool kid. I looked into the single channel receiver. That looks the best bet.
    Would the engineers code be required to install that in the panel?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No as long as you can connect the receiver into a zone that's already programmed as alarm.

Advertisement