Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi there - can you advise me if it's worth my while to revert to the 24 hr rate + giv

Options
  • 15-12-2013 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm wondering if it would be right to revert to the 24 hour bill plan+ give up night saver? Usual bills are 170 but i find it hard monitoring the night time use hours with the "adults" in my house! I know there's an extra tarrif for using the night saver so maybe it would work out cheaper to just have the appliances on whenever want them during the day - less stressful!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi eildoran,

The NightSaver hours are: 11pm to 8am (winter), midnight to 9am (summer).

A NightSaver meter can be removed and replaced with a standard 24-hour meter, however there is a charge of €186.14 (including VAT) to have this carried out.

With the standard 24-hour meter, the unit price is (cents) 0.1928 (including VAT) at all times.

With the NightSaver meter, the unit price is (cents) 0.1018 (including VAT) during the NightSaver hours; 0.2060 (including VAT) for the rest of the day.

Approximately a quarter of overall consumption per every NightSaver period would be required to obtain value from the NightSaver.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement