Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good xbox 360 games?

• 15-12-2013 3:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

I'm going to buy a couple of games to tide me over the xmas.
    I loved the Fallout 3/ New Vegas games. Also Skyrim and the Fable games.
    Any advice on what to get?
    I'm broke so any recommendations of older games are more than welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Older games you say? Hmmm.

The Orange Box (if you only get one xbox 360 game get this)
    Dead Rising
    The Darkness
    Mass Effect (You say you like the rpgs)

Most should be cheap these days. All classic titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Yester

Older games you say? Hmmm.

The Orange Box (if you only get one xbox 360 game get this)
    Dead Rising
    The Darkness
    Mass Effect (You say you like the rpgs)

Most should be cheap these days. All classic titles.

Cheers. I've played Dead Rising and The Darkness. Will check out Mass Effect and excited about The Orange Box. (Never heard of it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Yester wrote: »
    Cheers. I've played Dead Rising and The Darkness. Will check out Mass Effect and excited about The Orange Box. (Never heard of it)

Definitely check out the orange box. Consists of:

- half life 2.
    - half life 2: Episode 1 + 2.
    - Portal.
    - Team Fortress.
    - as im sure you googled :p

Widely considered as being one of the best 'value for money' packages ever. I mean even if Half Life isnt your thing, Portal alone would warrent buying it.

Definitely check out the orange box. Consists of:

- half life 2.
    - half life 2: Episode 1 + 2.
    - Portal.
    - Team Fortress.
    - as im sure you googled :p

Widely considered as being one of the best 'value for money' packages ever. I mean even if Half Life isnt your thing, Portal alone would warrent buying it.

I've played a bit of one of the half life games before. Liked it. I'll try to pick them up. Sounds good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Crackdown is a great blast (the first one, not the second). Skyrim/ Oblivion are great if you have the time to invest.

Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider are both great. Was actually not expecting them to be that good but they were genuinely great. As was Dishonored.

The title for best game this generation, for me, goes to Portal 2. Probably the best videogame I've ever played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Look out for Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Editiion. Comes with all the DLC and will keep you going for quite a while, especially if you play RPGs the right way - more than once. You could go for 2 as well I guess, but it's a lower standard of game than DAO.

There's fun to be had with Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. Should keep you going a while, I'd expect you'll find it cheap enough nowadays.

Alpha Protocol is a spy RPG. Liked it a lot. It's sorta a flawed masterpiece.

If you want a game that feels very Fable-esque in graphical style, then you'll want to get Kingdom's of Amalur. There's a lot of DLC on the marketplace for that though just an FYI.

If you look to branch out and get something that will work well for co-op and is more of a shooty thing then look up Borderlands game of the year edition. Personally, I did all the first solo and had a lot of fun, but I hear its much better done co-op.

Thanks guys. I will be on the lookout for all of the above. I do like my RPGs.

If you play through the Mass Effect series properly, you'll have about 100ish hours sunk in to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Minecraft is worth a shot, its kind of an indie game so only twenty euro new. My personal favourite game ever. Deus X is good too if you can find it.

Be sure to post back later to let us know how you got on, and if you need some new ideas though if you get the games listed here, we'll be waiting a while.

• Advertisement

Minecraft is worth a shot, its kind of an indie game so only twenty euro new. My personal favourite game ever. Deus X is good too if you can find it.

I played a bit of Minecraft online and couldn't get into it. Deus X looks interesting. Is it available for the xbox though?
    Pushtrak wrote: »
    Be sure to post back later to let us know how you got on, and if you need some new ideas though if you get the games listed here, we'll be waiting a while.

Lol.
    Will do. What I get will depend on what Gamestop has in stock. Is there a good place to order these games online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

No mention of Dark Souls yet????? For shame !!!! :pac:

+1 for Dragons Dogma
    and Kingdoms of Amalur

+100 Borderlands 2 GOTY edition ..... 800 hours + and I'm still playing bordercrack :(

Dark Souls

"The difficulty level of the game cannot be adjusted and death in the game has strict penalties"

Me likeee. And a bit scared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Mentioned already but Mass Effect Trilogy, even though I've yet to play the third one. Should be cheap as chips!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Witcher 2. Just finished it last week and id highly recommend it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wow yes a quality title indeed even if you haven't played the 1st one, best voice acting and most mature story I've played in a very long time, kind of like if HBO made a video game but without the slice of cheese.

erkifino wrote: »
    Mentioned already but Mass Effect Trilogy, even though I've yet to play the third one. Should be cheap as chips!
    Indeed, and in case it isn't clear, it can literally be bought as a trilogy.
    It's good, but the only thing that put me off is the not having played the first, you have to get used to the universe and what they're talking about.

Pushtrak wrote: »

Ok, so I splashed out and bought every recommended game that I could find.

Got the Mass Effect trilogy, Witcher 2 and Borderlands 1 and 2.

I got all 6 games for €65 at Gamestop, which wasn't too bad.

I didn't get much time for gaming over xmas. I decided to start with Borderlands. When I started playing I did not like the look of it, a bit cartoony looking. However after gaining a few levels and doing a few missions I am well hooked.

Thanks again for the recommendations guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭cml387

Yester wrote: »
    Ok, so I splashed out and bought every recommended game that I could find.

Got the Mass Effect trilogy, Witcher 2 and Borderlands 1 and 2.

I got all 6 games for €65 at Gamestop, which wasn't too bad.

I didn't get much time for gaming over xmas. I decided to start with Borderlands. When I started playing I did not like the look of it, a bit cartoony looking. However after gaining a few levels and doing a few missions I am well hooked.

Thanks again for the recommendations guys.
    We won't be seeing you for a while with that lot.

Just finished Borderlands 1. Cracking game. I think I'll wait for a while before playing the second one. Time to check out Mass Effect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement