Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Doctor meets Shelock

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

And thus a thousand slash fanfic stories were born.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ok, as someone who doesn't 'get' shippers in general, that was just ... weird, especially as they used what I think was Doc's invitation to Amy to come with him. In my mind, Sherlock and the Doctor together[*] would be a series of fights and arguments between two raging egos, not quiet, lustful looks at each other! Still, from a technical level it's very well done (apart from one scene where they look like cardboard cutouts)

[*] Technically, The Doctor met Sherlock Holmes in one of the 7th Doctor stories written in the 90s, "All-Consuming Fire"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Heh heh. I really don't think the current incarnations of the Doctor and Sherlock would get on at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Actually;

Matt Smith auditioned for the role of John Watson when they were casting 'Sherlock', but he didn't get the gig because they thought he was closer to Sherlock's character than John's. Benedict had already been given that role, though, so obviously that was out

A week later, Matt was auditioning in front of Moffat again, this time for the role of the Doctor. And I think we all know how that one went... :D

So I think they'd get on quite well

Advertisement