Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTX EU: Ireland released

• 15-12-2013 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭

Anyone taken the plunge yet?

I'll be holding off till I see some good (and non-orbx) reviews. No mention of a terrain mesh being included and they would appear to be dodging that question on their forums (from what I've seen from an admittedly quick search)...

Most of the screens I've seen feature lovely green rolling hills and not much else.

They are offering 55% off if you've already bought NI though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Anybody have any info? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Seems reviews are somewhat sparse.... lots of enthusiasm from the ORBX forum, little impact anywhere else.

Not much info on the go...

Looks like there's no mesh.

No real details of POI's but they are using default ones for Poolbeg power station at least (so the chimneys are far too big!)

EIDW is barely upgraded beyond default as they didnt bother with it when they heard that Aerosoft might be releasing one eventually...

Ground textures look lovely form the screenshots.

About all I know really, not enough to warrant buying it tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Do you know what they have actually done to the other airports and airfields?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Haven't seen much in the way of screenshots, Galway seems decent and pretty accurate (though a Hangar in place of the terminal building), Knock and Cork look not a lot improved over the default, though I haven't seen detailed screens...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭storker

Treadhead wrote: »
    ... lots of enthusiasm from the ORBX forum

No surprise there. Orbx could have released a version of Ireland with jungle terrain and no roads or towns, and the faithful would still follow the announcement with a dozen pages of thank-you posts.

When I first heard there was to be an Orbx version of Ireland, I considered it an automatic purchase, but the quality control in the Orbx offshoot that produces the European scenery seems to be a bit off, if the England experience is anything to go by, the price is too high and to be honest I'm more interested in Southern Alaska, which I'll be picking up this week.

I find that UTX Europe+updated GEX textures + freeware versions of just about every airport in the country works fine for me as far as ireland coverage goes. It performs better too, for some of the more resource-hungry aircraft on my low-end PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Treadhead wrote: »
    Ground textures look lovely form the screenshots.

Lol :P

Although better than the stock scenery supplied with FSX, I expected better from looking at screenshots.. Running i7, 8gb ram, Nvidia 650M and getting around 30-50FPS.

2013-12-23_1-59-0-363_zpscea30fae.png

2013-12-23_1-59-46-367_zpsb74f7a75.png

Pics aren't great either. They were taken over Waterford using their recommended settings.

Dublin City didn't seem much better while the west seemed "greener"..

I think it will be my first and last product from them.

Advertisement