Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Great idea shortstuff!!

llambert - August 10th - Galway - Surprise and surprise.

Ah static don't be so hard on yourself I'm sure your daughter doesn't mind, easier been.pregnant when you don't have another one on the floor.

Fair play shortstuff I can just about manage the pub but definitely couldn't face a nightclub.

Hubby's birthday tomorrow, mine in 2 weeks so this year we're doing something between the 2 as can't face 2 nights out. Couldn't be bothered dressing up. Sofa is my new best friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Love that idea !

Kaylami - August 8th - Drogheda - girl

Had my scan all looks good baby weight 6lb 4oz already with 4 weeks to go!

My eldest was that exact weight when born!

MW could see no issues so fingers crossed for Friday doctor agrees.

That's brilliant Kaylami. I'm sure the doctor will agree.

What a great weight already. Sure its a massive relief. Hopefully now you can relax and try enjoy the last few weeks of your pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Kaylami Aug 8th drogheda girl

llambert Aug 10th galway twin surprise

shortstuff Aug 15th mullingar surprise

staticdoor71 Aug 17th castlebar boy

ohhhhhhhh it's all getting exciting....

Please someone edit that if I've arsed it up.. my handwriting is shocking !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Hi ladies

Cameoette- 24th Aug- Coombe- girl

Hope you're all well! Lovely to hear the good scan news. I don't think I get a growth scan as I'm with domino scheme, as far as I know you just have the 20 week scan and that's it unless they feel like an additional scan is required.

• Advertisement

Cameoette wrote: »
    Hi ladies

Cameoette- 24th Aug- Coombe- girl

Hope you're all well! Lovely to hear the good scan news. I don't think I get a growth scan as I'm with domino scheme, as far as I know you just have the 20 week scan and that's it unless they feel like an additional scan is required.
    Hi cameoette,

Welcome!

As far as I know only your dating scan and possibly an anomaly (sp) scan unless the feel another is needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

when he gets the hiccups I can feel it down below...

I have this right now, soo weird! Just little recurring vibrations down at the lower front part of my bump. Can't figure out what part of the baby that is, but its head would hardly vibrate with hiccups?! So must be its torso

Oh girlies its so exciting to see all our dates. Getting so close now. Nerves and excitment building.

I got a pressie last year to an angel card reader when we were ttc. Wasn't sure about all of it but went with an open mind. Anyway she scared the crap out of me with what she knew about having ivf, the exact reason we were having it and lots of other non baby related stuff.

Anyway she said the ivf would be successful, we'd have twins and July would be a significant month for us with regards babies. As she was right on the rest its in the back of my mind that these could come sooner. Hubby laughs at it all. I know I sound like I'm away with th fairies but there's no harm in being ready :-)

Llambert do they not generally deliver twins earlier?

I am convinced baby will arrive on the 17th of July I have no idea why I just woke up one morning and thought so.

My husband kept sayin 4th of July but it turns out it was our friend who had her baby that day. Luckily he is well used to being wrong! Ha ha.

The kids have gone to stay with these nanny for a few days so I can nest properly and paint my house - I'll miss them but my god the house is so peaceful. Now all I have to do is get rid of himself for a few days ....

Yeah Aug 10th is date that I won't be going past. Medical intervention then. I'll only be 38 weeks then so wouldn't like to go much earlier tbh.

Are you a crazy lady. Why don't you get your OH to paint, while you relax. That way you get some rest and get him out of your hair. Sure he'll moan about it but just nod and smile!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Adding Camelette & Lucuma to list- let me know if details are wrong, we're nicely spread out across the country!

Kaylami Aug 8th Drogheda Girl

llambert Aug 10th Galway Twin Surprise

Shortstuff! Aug 15th Mullingar Surprise

staticdoor71 Aug 17th Castlebar Boy

Cameoette Aug 24th Coombe Girl

Lucuma Aug 30th Cork Girl

I do the DIY and painting in this house I'm afraid. I even have a pink toolbox my dad bought me.

I also do all the mechanical work on the car!

My oh is a house husband and does the washing cooking and child minding.

He keeps joking that I have the babies then feck off back to work when the goin gets tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Same here Kaylami I co-ordinate all DIY and mechanical stuff in our house as well! The 1 thing I won't do is drill into walls tho, get OH to do that so I'm not resp if it all goes horribly wrong haha ;)
    Thanks Shortstuff you have my details right except I know mine is a girl! God we really do have the whole country nearly covered!

Just updated it Lucuma! The girls are certainly winning at the moment:) Friend of mine dreamt she was babysitting my baby, a 6month old girl with fair hair!

August 2014 will have 5 Friday, 5 Saturdays & 5 Sundays! Won't happen for another 823 years according to Facebook, has to be good luck for us August Mammies;)

You should ask your friend of her dreams are ever accurate. If so at least you know you have a babysitter :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

emer_b August 22nd Limerick girl
    (Just to really spread it out over the country!)
    I'm surprised so many of us know what we're having!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Dermighty, August 13th, Cork, surprise

Dermighty Aug 13th Cork Surprise
    emer_b Aug 22nd Limerick Girl

Sure that's the country populated!!!!!

Ha ha reading through it we sound like race meetings!!

• Advertisement

God we are fairly spread out all right!

That's amazing.

I got very upset today because I couldn't find my one of my knitting needles - pulled the kitchen apart my oh walks in asks what I'm looking for and burst out laughing.

Ladies it was in my hair.

I'm goin to blame baby brain because other wise. I'm clearly losing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Hi Ladies
    It been ages and ages since Ive been on here!!! how are all you ladies doing? Im 37 weeks today and its all getting real/scary!!!!! Bags are nearly finshed and the house is neary done :) Baby is breech at the moment so Ill probably be taken in at 39 weeks for a section. eeeekkk!!!!!

So im Due 31st July, The Rotunda and we are kinda sure its a girl but it wasnt confirmed so ill just say surprise :)

ladypip wrote: »
    Hi Ladies
    It been ages and ages since Ive been on here!!! how are all you ladies doing? Im 37 weeks today and its all getting real/scary!!!!! Bags are nearly finshed and the house is neary done :) Baby is breech at the moment so Ill probably be taken in at 39 weeks for a section. eeeekkk!!!!!

So im Due 31st July, The Rotunda and we are kinda sure its a girl but it wasnt confirmed so ill just say surprise :)

Hi ladypip

Sorry to hear baby is breech that happened with my 2nd she only turned at 38weeks and although we tried everything she wouldn't turn back! We even tried the ecv.

Although they do a scan the morning of your section to make sure.

So you'll be the first of us to go! How exciting

Hi Ladypip. Try not worry might still turn.

If you can spend as much time as you can manage on all fours. Also the child pose from yoga is suppose to help. Hop on the pregnancy ball and also try for big circles on it.

Hope these help!!

Ladypip July 31st Rotunda Surprise
    Dermighty Aug 13th Cork Surprise
    emer_b Aug 22nd Limerick Girl

Some of these surprises would want to be boys to even things up ha!

Ladypip- Not sure if it's too late to try different exercises to get your little one the right way around but these are meant to be good http://spinningbabies.com/techniques/the-inversion

Omg some of them better be boys is right. I feel awful left out haha

had my hos appt today. 2 hrs waiting for ten min appt. wrecks my head. but it's done now. They don't want me back till 13th Aug? ?? is that normal on 2nd and subsequent kids?? I'm nearly sure last time for the last few weeks I was week on week off between hos and doc??

not that I'm complaining.. The less time I've to spend sitting on an arse breaking chair the better.

just gotta go my gp in 2 weeks to get my iron checked after that I'm all on my own.

hope to god I don't make that appt haha

That doesn't sound quite right. I was in docs this week, hospital in 2weeks & then alternating weekly between the two... That's matches up to what it says on the combined card pretty much & doesn't mention it being different for subsequent pregnancies! But like you said you spend hours queuing a couple mins with the doc, so you might be better off:)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Hi haven't been on here in ages, i know this will sound bad but i couldn't stop myself thinking something would go wrong with this pregnancy, I've had 4 miscarriages and a big scare in the 2nd trimester of this one, and even though I am so delighted to be pregnant, I've been unbelievably nervous too. I know my hormones are at me too, but it's like every time I want to get excited about a new baby, caution is telling me to wait until I'm holding the baby in my arms. Does that sound awful or what? I so want the baby and yet I'm so nervous my hopes will be dashed.

Anyway, for roll call purposes, this will be my 4th section, it's a boy, and I haven't been given a date yet, other than some time between 13th and 20th august. However, I know baby's head is down and he feels very low so I have a feeling just in the last few days that (God willing) I'll go into labour before then - even if I do they'll section me anyway. (Castlebar).

Apologies for my negativity.

That definitely doesn't sound right static I thought it was one week gp next week hospital as you got to the later stages of any pregnancy. Might be worth a phone call but like you said its painful sitting there.
    Thats the good thing about the high risk unit they seem they seem to go by appointment time and by some grace of God I always have the first appointment after lunch. Have always been called first whether I'm there first or not. Usually get there around 1.45 and out by 2.30 at latest so can't complain. Probably be stuck there hours now on Monday for been so smug!!!

Ah morebabies you're not been negative only worried. Sorry to hear you'vd had a rough and worrying pregnancy. Try stay positive now cos you're nearly there. Even if baby does arrive a little early wouldn't be too early. Hopefully these last few weeks will go smoothly x x

• Advertisement

Don't be silly morebabies... I'm sure there isn't one of us on here that doesn't think like that at some stage..

so the 2 KNOWN boys of Aug 2014 will be born in castlebar woohooooo

p.s. Thank you for bringing another boy to the equation :-)

Advertisement